Your State's Elected Officials in 4 Years
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:04:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Your State's Elected Officials in 4 Years
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Your State's Elected Officials in 4 Years  (Read 6354 times)
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: May 29, 2017, 07:44:28 PM »

From a neutral perspective, are Gillespie's chances pretty much non-existent? I'd always seen him as being the best chance to retake the seat, but is that a fair statement?
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #76 on: May 29, 2017, 07:53:27 PM »

From a neutral perspective, are Gillespie's chances pretty much non-existent? I'd always seen him as being the best chance to retake the seat, but is that a fair statement?

I mean, I see him as the underdog in the race. A race where people (at least here in Fairfax County) are very firm in their beliefs, especially against Trump. I know a lot of Republicans or Conservative leaning independents, who say they voted for Gillespie in 2014, but because of the waivering on Trump and immigration, (and because they trust Northam more), they would vote for him. But no, I wouldn't put it past Gillespie to pull an upset.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #77 on: May 29, 2017, 07:57:54 PM »

I mean, I see him as the underdog in the race. A race where people (at least here in Fairfax County) are very firm in their beliefs, especially against Trump. I know a lot of Republicans or Conservative leaning independents, who say they voted for Gillespie in 2014, but because of the waivering on Trump and immigration, (and because they trust Northam more), they would vote for him. But no, I wouldn't put it past Gillespie to pull an upset.
Huh, interesting. Thanks Smiley
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #78 on: May 29, 2017, 08:10:19 PM »

Its good that you don't doubt Gillespie, he's exactly the type of Republican who can successfully put himself as far as he needs to from Trump to get moderates and independents to vote for him without pushing away Trump voters.  His chances (in my opinion at least) hinge on the nominee being Northam.  Northam would likely rely more on NOVA to bring him a victory, while Perriello would try and appeal to rural Virginia while keeping NOVA on lockdown.  Perriello would make the race lean D, Northam makes it tossup.  And if any other Republican somehow won the nomination its Likely D.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #79 on: May 29, 2017, 11:11:24 PM »

Senators: Angus King and Susan Collins
Governor: Janet Mills
Representatives: Chellie Pingree and Troy Jackson
Party control of State House: D
Party control of State Senate: D

Maine is incredibly susceptible to national swings. I believe 2018 and 2020 will be pretty good Democratic years, sweeping a Democrat into the Blaine House in 2018 (I think Mills is probably the strongest obvious candidate), sending Angus back to the Senate and sending Troy Jacskon to the House from the 2nd district, while putting the State House and Senate back into total Democratic control.
AndyHogan14

Political Matrix
E: -4.00, S: -6.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #80 on: May 30, 2017, 05:02:09 PM »

FEDERAL
Senior Senator: Dianne Feinstein (D); she's a lifer, the only way she is not a senator in 2021 would be due to her passing.
Junior Senator: Kamala Harris (D); decent chance that she's on the national ticket in 2020 and if elected POTUS or VPOTUS, I think Eric Garcetti (D) will take Harris' seat.
House Delegation: 42-11 (D); Democrats gain 4 seats (CA-10, CA-21, CA-39, CA-49)

STATE
Governor: Gavin Newsom (D); hoping Chiang pulls off the upset, but I am not optimistic
Lt. Governor: Kevin de León (D); he's clearly the favorite if he runs
Attorney General: Xavier Beccera (D); incumbent Democrats generally win in California
State Legislature: Democrats hold onto their massive majorities in both houses, including their 2/3 majority in the State Senate.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies