Parliamentary America - The Game (TURN 13)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:55:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Parliamentary America - The Game (TURN 13)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 24
Author Topic: Parliamentary America - The Game (TURN 13)  (Read 49860 times)
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: August 09, 2016, 05:22:52 AM »

Thanks, Lumine! Grin

Sign-ups end this afternoon, when Turn 1 will begin. To all of those who have not signed up yet, please remember that you are still free to join!
AuH2O Republican
Rookie
United Kingdom

« Reply #76 on: August 09, 2016, 05:51:30 AM »

Has the Tea Party existed and/or had any kind of influence? If so, were they exclusive to one party or spread throughout?
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #77 on: August 09, 2016, 06:13:53 AM »

Has the Tea Party existed and/or had any kind of influence? If so, were they exclusive to one party or spread throughout?

As a result of the 2012 general election (which had some similar aspects to the 2010 midterms in real life), the Nationalist Party surged in support, with most of its new proponents coming from disenfranchised wings of the Conservative Party. Rather than being a movement on its own, the "Tea Party movement" in this universe was basically a transfer of a lot of voters from a center-right party to a far-right party that occurred around the same time the Tea Pary surge did in actuality. Most political analysts attribute the movement to the unpopularity of the Obama Ministry and coalition within some sections of the right.
AuH2O Republican
Rookie
United Kingdom

« Reply #78 on: August 09, 2016, 06:49:37 AM »

As a result of the 2012 general election (which had some similar aspects to the 2010 midterms in real life), the Nationalist Party surged in support, with most of its new proponents coming from disenfranchised wings of the Conservative Party. Rather than being a movement on its own, the "Tea Party movement" in this universe was basically a transfer of a lot of voters from a center-right party to a far-right party that occurred around the same time the Tea Pary surge did in actuality. Most political analysts attribute the movement to the unpopularity of the Obama Ministry and coalition within some sections of the right.

Thanks. Would this mean that members of other parties who RL had the support of the Tea Party did not count on their support in this TL? As Rand Paul, I'm just checking as obviously he rode on Tea Party support in RL.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #79 on: August 09, 2016, 07:33:34 AM »

I'll play as Todd Young, Conservative MP from IN-09.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #80 on: August 09, 2016, 03:39:02 PM »

Thanks. Would this mean that members of other parties who RL had the support of the Tea Party did not count on their support in this TL? As Rand Paul, I'm just checking as obviously he rode on Tea Party support in RL.

The anti-establishment sentiment in the 2012 election helped basically all of the parties but the Conservatives, meaning that the Nationalists, Jacksonians, and Independents all got at least some sort of boost in support. However, by far the majority of the new support went to the Nationalist Party, which is composed of most of the congressmen who were supported by the Tea Party in real life.
DeSantis4Prez
lwp2004
United States

« Reply #81 on: August 09, 2016, 03:53:43 PM »

Can I be John Kerry for Liberal Party plz
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #82 on: August 09, 2016, 04:15:21 PM »

Sure!

Turn 1 is going to start in a few hours, so everyone please make sure to sign up now if you'd still like to! Pretty sure this will be the biggest interactive timeline in the books, so it should get exciting.
AuH2O Republican
Rookie
United Kingdom

« Reply #83 on: August 09, 2016, 04:22:21 PM »

The anti-establishment sentiment in the 2012 election helped basically all of the parties but the Conservatives, meaning that the Nationalists, Jacksonians, and Independents all got at least some sort of boost in support. However, by far the majority of the new support went to the Nationalist Party, which is composed of most of the congressmen who were supported by the Tea Party in real life.

Thanks mate. I will presume that Rand Paul got some of their support in his victory... Wink
DeSantis4Prez
lwp2004
United States

« Reply #84 on: August 09, 2016, 04:40:33 PM »

Sure!

Turn 1 is going to start in a few hours, so everyone please make sure to sign up now if you'd still like to! Pretty sure this will be the biggest interactive timeline in the books, so it should get exciting.

Thanks bro Smiley
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #85 on: August 09, 2016, 04:52:51 PM »

Former MP Ralph Hall for the Conservatives.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #86 on: August 09, 2016, 04:58:57 PM »

Alright. I'm going to go ahead and close sign-ups for now, Turn 1 should be up shortly. Thanks, guys!
Stm85
Rookie
United States

« Reply #87 on: August 09, 2016, 08:05:04 PM »
« Edited: August 12, 2016, 06:19:15 AM by Stm85 »

Rob Portman for Independent Leadership
Innovation - Freedom - Security

"My fellow Americans, thank you for joining me today. First off, I'd like to begin by thanking Susan Collins for her tremendous leadership of our party over the past few years. We have seen our party grow from a small blip on our country's radar to a truly national party able to make real efforts in fighting for free enterprise and American values. This would not be possible without her leadership. Thank you, Susan, thank you so much.

"Now, however, it is time to chart the direction on which our party will embark in the future. This election presents us with an opportunity to really grow our party's membership and representation. Doing so will require the right leadership. That is why I am announcing that I will seek the position of Leader for the Independence Party!

"I have worked in many roles serving the people of Ohio and of the United States. I have not only the experience of serving 18 years in Parliament, but also of representing our nation on the world stage as Trade Representative and fighting wasteful spending as the Director of the Office of Management and Budget. I believe this experience, combined with the right principles, can lead our party to unprecedented success as we move towards the future.

"What are these principles I am referring to? The first is innovation. Our country has always been at its best when people are free to take risks and follow their dreams. That's why I am proposing across the board tax cuts that will reduce the burden on America's workers, employers, and investors. I also propose sweeping reductions in our burdensome regulatory state. This will put Americans back to work and allow technology and new ideas to flourish as we grow the economy from the ground up, not from Washington on down.

"The second is freedom. The current government's coalition partners are far too quick to insist that they know what is best for the individual people of this country. The American people instead want a government that stays out of their wallets, out of their bedrooms, and out of their personal decisions. Our party will also work for freedom in education. Too many American parents are stuck sending their children to schools that don't allow them to live up to their God-given potential. I say 'no more.' I propose a national school choice voucher plan, so that every parent, rich or poor, urban or rural, can choose the education that is best for their child.

"The third, and final, principle is security. If our party is to achieve the gains we know are possible, we must address the fact that people in our country no longer feel safe. Violent extremism across the world threatens our way of life here at home. We must work with our allies to defeat our enemies and defend our people. However, we must also remain vigilant against those who seek to exploit our fears in order to deprive us of the liberties our founding fathers fought so hard to secure. In our fight against terrorism, we must always remember not to lose who we are: a people born of liberty. We can, and will, have both freedom and safety now and forever.

"Innovation. Freedom. Security. This platform is the future of our party as we move into the 21st century. We are the party that will allow all Americans to control their own destiny, to live up to their God-given potential, and will safeguard our cherished and timeless liberties. Together, we shall light the flame of liberty brighter than ever before and allow America's virtues to shine bright as a beacon of hope and prosperity across the entire world. Thank you, and God bless America!"
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #88 on: August 09, 2016, 08:45:43 PM »

Turn 1 - January 13 to January 19, 2016

Hello, everyone! Grin

I hope you guys are all excited to begin the first turn; this should be a fun game. As of now, we have thirty candidates in the race, which I'm pretty sure is a record for Atlas interactive timelines.

Before I lay out the rules for Turn 1, let me make a few clarifications just for the heck of it:

- A full list of current districted MPs from the fifty states can be found here, while a full list of current at-large MPs from the fifty states can be found here. For the sake of the plot, the three MPs from the District of Columbia will be Barack Obama, Joe Biden, and Eleanor Holmes Norton, which leads to a grand total of five hundred and thirty-eight members of the House of Commons.

- The objective of participating in this timeline is to become Prime Minister of the United States, meaning that all candidates will be involved in the leadership elections.

Now that that's all cleared up, let's take a look at how the leadership elections are initially shaping up. Currently, we have two parties with four candidates, two parties with five, and two parties with six, which should make things quite interesting:

Liberal Party - Brian Schweitzer, Joseph P. Kennedy III, Hillary Clinton, Chris Murphy, John Kerry

Conservative Party - John Kasich, Marco Rubio, Cathy McMorris Rogers, Todd Young

Nationalist Party - Mike Lee, Joni Ernst, Ted Cruz, Pat Buchanan, Mike Crapo, Ralph Hall

Progressive Party - Suzan DelBene, Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren, Tulsi Gabbard, Sherrod Brown

Jacksonian Party - Donald Trump, Chris Koster, Joe Manchin, Jon Bel Edwards, Carte Goodwin, Jim Webb

Independence Party - Rand Paul, Rob Portman, Bill Weld, Elon Musk

Rules for Part 1 - Leadership Elections

1. Each turn lasts 48 hours. In order to keep things moving along, there will be no extensions to the time limit, but due to the length and detail of this game, missing one or two turns will not seriously damage your candidacy. If you have a scheduling conflict, please feel free to PM me at any time.

2. Every turn, players have the option to post weekly schedules for their candidates in order to increase their support in upcoming elections. These schedules may include descriptions of where and how the candidate is campaigning, advertisements, media interviews, etc. Due to the nature of this election game and the relatively short time constraints, please do not overextend yourself by creating overly-detailed schedules. I'd like to see everyone involved in this game stay in for the long run rather than drop out early due to stress, so try to keep your weekly schedules relatively concise.

3. For Turn 1, please include an announcement speech for your candidate in your schedule if you have not already done so. The first four debates will be held during Turns 2, 4, 7, and 9.

4. Please message me for endorsement requests. There's no specific cap on how many endorsements you may request, but everything above four or five per turn is a stretch. I will announce successful endorsements at the beginning of the turn after the turn they are requested.

5. In this hypothetical America, leadership elections are much more fluid and policy-centered than presidential primaries are in real life. Because of this, try to build momentum up slowly throughout the course of the primary season rather than focusing too much energy on Iowa and New Hampshire. As I explained earlier, all delegates are awarded proportionally, so Iowa and New Hampshire will end up mattering very little in the long run. Try to build a nationwide campaign early on that focuses on all states in order to have a good chance of winning in the end.

6. If you have any personal questions, please feel free to message me as much as necessary. If you have a public question related to the rules or plot, please post it in this thread so other players can know the answer as well.

Turn 1 will end at 9:45 PM EST on Thursday, August 11. Good luck, and have fun! Grin
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #89 on: August 09, 2016, 08:52:48 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYY2r1O3bzQ
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #90 on: August 09, 2016, 09:23:22 PM »
« Edited: August 09, 2016, 09:41:59 PM by Southern Gothic »

Joe Manchin, Leader of the Jacksonian Party

Jacksonian Party leader Joe Manchin in Charleston, West Virginia

"Folks, I don't have to tell you why I'm here. I've told you my whole career, ever since I was nothing but a little state rep, why I'm here. I'm here for the working man. I've always been for the working man. And like me, the Jacksonian party has always been at it's heart, for the working man. No other organization in this great country of ours can claim the honor of supporting the little guy against the corporate machine for as long as we have.

When those folks in New York City or Washington ask you me the Jacksonian Party has done for America. Well I ask 'em right back, 'Who built the highway from Richmond to Baton Rouge?', 'Who put up all your schools and hospitals?', 'Who look out for sh**tkickers like me and you?'. The Jacksonian Party. Each and every time you drive on a road in Appalachia, or a highway on the Plains, you can thank the hard work of great Jacksonians and the sweat on the brows of American working men. Because the Jacksonian Party isn't about pushing forward a narrative or looking for fundamentally change American society to suite a handful of folks. The Jacksonian Party is helping those who cannot help themselves no matter the cost.

Our country needs to be the one that is promised to its admirers. A land of unparalleled opportunity and equality. Unfortunately, that is not a reality in the present. We have set in place a system that continues to reward the top one percent of this nation at the expense of Middle America. Through a system of neoliberal trade deals, crony capitalism and corporate welfare we have allowed control of this nation to be taken out of the hands of its citizens and into the hands of the elite in their ivory tower. The fate of this nation is being decided by deluded billionaires in smoke-filled rooms completely out of touch and contact with the average American.

We need to take this country back from the hands of the taskmasters, and back into the hands of the working class.

Brothers and sisters, we live in an America that needs the Jacksonian Party. That needs the warmth, compassion and friendliness of a government that truly cares about them. We need a party that will unite folks and strengthen the bonds within communities. We need leadership that won't leave any element of society without hope for the future. And if you continue to support our vision and our message for America, we will have all that and more.

Thank you."

Schedule:

January 13, 2016- Speech in Charleston, WV.
January 14, 2016- Barnstorm in Lexington, KY
January 15, 2016- Barnstorm in Cincinnati, OH
January 16, 2016- Speech in Fargo, ND
January 17, 2016- Run TV and Radio Ads
January 18, 2016- Fundraiser in Atlanta, GA
January 19, 2016- Fundraiser in Pittsburgh, PA
DeSantis4Prez
lwp2004
United States

« Reply #91 on: August 09, 2016, 09:37:14 PM »
« Edited: August 10, 2016, 05:52:27 AM by Secretary of State lwp2004 »

LORD KERRY ANNOUNCMENT OF PARTY LEADERSHIP BID!
Lord Kerry announces his intentions to run for Liberal Party Leadership

"Hello my fellow people of the U.S.A"

"Today, I will be announcing my intention to run for Leadership of the Liberal Party"

"And eventually, be the Prime Minister"

"I have to thank Barack Obama, for being a great Prime Minister and leader of the Liberal Party.

"I am the most qualified for leadership, with 28 years of service as a Parliament Representative from Massachusetts"

"And, three years in the House of Lords,"

"I want to keep this short and simple. I have some things I would bring to America to improve the economy, and helping minorities."

"Minorities- I would make it a law that any minorities treated badly my a majority, would face fines up to $10,000 USD."

"Economy- I would get rid of welfare and help businesses to not have to lay-off employees."

"Defense- I would add 2,500 solders to our military, and improve budget to 5.006% of our GDP to combat ISIS and Syria"

"I know I won the Leadership Bid in 2004, but lost to the incumbent P.M. George Bush

"That's all for now folks, thank you for listening to my speech, and have a good afternoon"

Schedule:
January 13, 2016- Speech in Washington, D.C.
January 14, 2016- Visit to Boston
January 15, 2016- Fundraiser in Boston, Rally in Hartford
January 16, 2016- Run adds supporting me on Radio, and TV
January 17, 2016- Prepare with Joe Lieberman on TV and visit to Nashville
January 18, 2016- Visit to Los Angeles
January 19, 2016- Visit to San Diego
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #92 on: August 09, 2016, 09:44:07 PM »

CRUZ ANNOUNCES BID FOR NATIONALIST LEADER

Good Afternoon.

Members of the press, my fellow Nationalists and my fellow Americans,

Today, I announce that, I am running to be the leader of my party, The Nationalist Party. My goal in running, is simple. It is, to promote our shared nationalist vision to the entire country and elect Nationalist Members of Parliament from coast to coast. This in turn give us a strong governing majority. Now let me tell you of my dream for our nation and where, I came from.

My story is one that many of you might not know, my story is one of that recures a lot here in our nation. I am the son of a Cuban Immigrant who was imprisoned in the Cuban Revolution and who came to our nation as a young man who was beaten and bloodied, with only one hundred dollars sewn into his underwear. My mother is the first woman in her family to attend college, where she worked hard and went into the computer industry. My parents now both old and seeing the American Dream wither away now travel our nation preaching the love of Jesus Christ to all who want to here it. I am married to the girl of my dream, Heidi, a blonde California girl who grew up the daughter of Evangelical missionaries. Heidi and I, were blessed by God to have two beautiful young daughters, Caroline and Catherine. My girls is the reason that I am running so that they can see the American Dream, my wife is the reason that I am running so that she can live out her dream and my parents are the reason, I am running so that when they pass one day, they know that the American Dream, they achieved will be achievable for their granddaughters.

This election is a choice, the politicians from our other political parties, have bickered and fought for centuries, over how much more money we can spend. Let me tell you this, the un-controlled spending is done when, I am elected Prime Minister. The mess that they have put our families through with taxing us into oblivion and taking away our constitutional rights to life, guns and our bibles will end on day one. There assault on religious liberty and Americans of Faith, who wish to live out their religious doctrine will end on day one. I will fight for you the American people not the fat cats on K Street. I will fight for your jobs, your well being, your children, your rights and your liberty. I will fight for our principles and I will win.

Thank You. May God Bless Each and Every One of You. May God Bless the Nationalist Party and America!"
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #93 on: August 09, 2016, 10:03:36 PM »

January 13
-Announce candidacy in Burlington, Vermont.
-Build campaign infrastructure in Vermont
-Fly to Iowa

January 14
-Barnstorm in Polk County, Iowa
-Rally in Des Moines, Iowa
You must be logged in to read this quote.

January 15
-Build campaign infrastructure in Iowa
-Fly to New Hampshire
-Build campaign infrastructure in New Hampshire

January 16
-Barnstorm in Merrimack County, New Hampshire
-Rally in Dover, New Hampshire
-Fly to New York

January 17
-Rally in Albany, New York
-Barnstrom in Albany County, New York
-Build Campaign infrastructure in New York

January 18
-Fly to Florida
-Rally in Miami, Florida
-Policy speech in Daytona Beach, Florida "The Importance of Unions"

January 19
-Build campaign infrastructure in Florida
-Fly to Michigan
-Build campaign infrastructure in Michigan
kyc0705

« Reply #94 on: August 09, 2016, 10:22:43 PM »
« Edited: August 09, 2016, 10:24:24 PM by kyc0705 »

Hillary Clinton campaign schedule, week of January 13, 2016

January 13
The Clinton campaign flies from New York City, New York to Des Moines, Iowa. That evening, a large rally is held in Des Moines.

January 14
The campaign meets with Liberal Party officials in the Iowa State Parliament. Later that day, campaign staff organizes and establishes the Iowa ground game ahead of the upcoming caucuses.

January 15
The campaign holds a fundraising breakfast in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, and then flies to Manchester, New Hampshire, where a large public rally is held.

January 16
The campaign flies to Little Rock, Arkansas, and meets with local Liberal Party officials, including several who worked with former Prime Minister Bill Clinton in the early days of his political career. That night, the campaign holds a rally in Little Rock.

January 17
The Clinton campaign heads to Charleston, South Carolina. Here, Hillary Clinton attends the ceremonial opening of South Carolina's state headquarters for the Clinton campaign, and then attends a fundraising dinner.

January 18
After a morning press conference to discuss the particulars of the start of her campaign, Hillary Clinton flies back to New York City. A fundraising dinner is held, and then Clinton does an evening of cable news interviews.

January 19
Behind the scenes work is performed in New York, organizing the nationwide campaign effort. That night, a large public rally is held in Manhattan.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #95 on: August 09, 2016, 10:23:16 PM »

CAMPAIGN STAFF

Campaign Manager: Jeff Roe has been hired as the campaign manager for the leadership election in the Nationalist Party. Mr. Roe has served on numerous campaigns across this nation in both the Conservative and Nationalist Parties. He is also the Godfather of Voter Targeting and Analytics for many campaigns running Axiom Strategies.

Chief Strategist: Jason Johnson has been hired as the chief strategist for this campaign. Mr. Johnson has served as a key figure in many, Nationalist campaigns in Texas. He will help guide MP Cruz into winning the election this fall.

Press Secretary: Deana Bass has been hired as the press secretary for this campaign. Ms. Bass has been the principal partner at Bass Public Affairs in Alexandria, Virginia since 2005.

Directors of Coalitons: Dayna Cade and Buddy Pilgrim have been hired as directors of coalitions for this campaign. Mr. Pilgrim and Ms. Cade are both known figures in conservative circles and will bring together more establishment nationalists and Christian conservative nationalists into the fold.

Director of Digital Affairs: Josh Perry has been hired as the Director of Digital Affairs for this campaign. MP Cruz, will be focused on launching a state of the art digital campaign to contact and reach voters from across party lines to register and vote for Nationalist candidates.

Iowa State Directors: Bryan English and Bob Vander Plaats will be focused on our Iowa campaign. Both are known figures in Iowa politics and will be leading the charge in making sure MP Cruz, wins in Iowa. We are opening five offices in Iowa. They are located in Sioux City, Des Moines, Davenport, Council Bluffs and Cedar Rapids. We are also connecting with local activists across the state to get them on the Cruz Team.

New Hampshire State Directors: Bill O'Brien and Jeanne Forrester will be focused on our New Hampshire campaign. Both are known figures in New Hampshire policies and will be focused to making sure MP Cruz wins New Hampshire. We are opening three offices in New Hampshire they are in Salem, Laconia and Concord.

South Carolina State Director: Lee Bright will be focused on our South Carolina campaign. He will be focused on connecting with conservative voters especially evangelicals and pro-confederate supporters. We are opening five offices here they are located in Myrtle Beach, Charleston, Spartanburg, Greenville and Columbia.

Further Officals will be announced very soon!
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #96 on: August 09, 2016, 10:34:15 PM »

Two questions about endorsements off the top of my head:

1) Are MPs the only endorsements we can receive, or can we receive other endorsements like from former politicians, newspapers, celebrities, etc.?

1) Are cross-party endorsements possible if they are ideologically similar?
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #97 on: August 09, 2016, 10:43:28 PM »

Marco Rubio announces Conservative Party leadership run
My fellow Americans, for 4 years, we have been in a ruling coalition with the Liberals, and while I do respect our Deputy Prime Minister and present Conservative Party leader, Paul Ryan, I believe it would be best to take the Conservative Party in a far different direction from now. It is time for us to unleash the dreams of the American people and carry this nation of ours into a new Century. A new Century of innovation, A new century of economic ingenuity, a new century of American influence. I ask for you to vote for me in order to unleash these feats onto the world!

January 13 - Campaign announcement, media Q&A post announcement, fly to Davenport, IA
January 14 - 3 county tour, Morning rally in Davenport, afternoon rally in Iowa City, evening rally in Des Moines
January 15 - Fly to New Hampshire and rest
January 16 - Afternoon rally in Concord, NH, Evening rally in Manchester, NH
January 17 - Major Foreign Policy speech in Manchester, NH
January 18 - Flight and Rally in Charleston, SC
January 19 - Flight and rally in Las Vegas, NV  
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #98 on: August 09, 2016, 10:48:42 PM »

Press Release: CATHY MCMORRIS RODGERS RUNNING FOR CONSERVATIVE LEADERSHIP

Washington DC - Conservative MP Cathy McMorris Rodgers announced today her intention to contest the leadership election of the Conservative Party after Deputy Prime Minister Paul Ryan declined to run for another term as Party Leader [1]. McMorris, who represents the Washington 5th District since the 2004 General Election, gave her opening speech before a crowd of supporters and along side her campaign team at Washington DC highlighting both her life story and her ambition for the Conservative Party to win the 2016 Election and lead a Government for the first time since 2009.

The 46 year old MP has been characterized before as both a policy expert and a firm supporter of Deputy Prime Minister Ryan on many of his policy initiatives, although she has avoided the spotlight for most of her term in Parliament despite her work on various areas of policy. McMorris has also emphasized her desire to "break the glass ceiling" regarding female politicians not only by becoming the first female Conservative Leader, but the first female Prime Minister as well should her bid succeed and the Conservatives win a term of their own in Government.

Aware that she may have a lower profile than rivals such as John Kasich and particularly Marco Rubio, McMorris Rodgers hopes to introduce herself to the wider electorate through a tour of the largest states, coupled with intensive online and media efforts to build up her public profile. Policy aside, one of the main focus of her opening speech was in what she described as the "necessity of tough, firm and efficient Government", coupled with her belief that a modernized and focused Conservative Party would be the best choice for an efficient administration capable on delivering on an ambitious policy agenda. She believes herself to be starting as a long shot on the current field, but time will tell on the outcome of her campaign.

[1] I take it Ryan would have declined to seek reelection as Leader on this scenario. I can see him doing that in real life, so...
evergreenarbor

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: -8.43

« Reply #99 on: August 09, 2016, 10:54:53 PM »

Full transcript of Suzan DelBene's announcement speech

Quote from: Restricted

Campaign Schedule

January 13
-Announcement speech and press conference in Mt. Vernon, WA
-Fundraise and build campaign infrastructure in Bellevue, WA

January 14
-Rally in Seattle, WA

January 15
-Rally in Portland, OR

January 16
-Fundraise and build campaign infrastructure in Portland, OR
-Create radio ads to be run nationally

January 17
-Appearance on Meet the Press
-Policy speech in Reno, NV

January 18
-Rally in San Francisco

January 19
-Rally in Los Angeles
-Build campaign infrastructure in Los Angeles

Question
It sounds like Puerto Rico, American Samoa, etc. don't have any delegates in this game. Did the US not annex these territories in this timeline?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 24  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies