Trump Suggests 'Second Amendment People' Could Act Against Clinton
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 02:23:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump Suggests 'Second Amendment People' Could Act Against Clinton
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9
Author Topic: Trump Suggests 'Second Amendment People' Could Act Against Clinton  (Read 8075 times)
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: August 09, 2016, 03:34:01 PM »

At this point, Democrats should be getting worried that he really isn't going to last until the election. The chances of him being replaced seem to have risen from 0 to 5%
How would that work, he would still appear on the ballot in lots of states

The states will change their laws if need be. Dont worry about it.
Wiz in Wis

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #101 on: August 09, 2016, 03:34:09 PM »

However, all of this would not be happening if Democrats don't stop talking about gun control. They're only putting themselves in trouble by making this a big issue, year after year. Yes, we need background checks, but stop demonizing gun owners and guns, and stop making it a major issue. Let the states handle these issues.

If those Democrats would just stop proposing policies we don't like, we wouldn't have to threaten to murder them!
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #102 on: August 09, 2016, 03:35:26 PM »

At this point, Democrats should be getting worried that he really isn't going to last until the election. The chances of him being replaced seem to have risen from 0 to 5%

Just a question: Four years ago the conventions were in kate August/early September. Did some states change their deadlines or were Obama and Romney put on the ballot prior to their official nomination?
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #103 on: August 09, 2016, 03:35:45 PM »

The level of faux outrage in this thread is similar to the ones in this thread. Go back to your safe spaces, people.
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #104 on: August 09, 2016, 03:36:36 PM »

Getting a bill introduced passed, signed by governor, approved by courts with a retroactive clause is not something that goes so fast
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #105 on: August 09, 2016, 03:38:14 PM »

However, all of this would not be happening if Democrats don't stop talking about gun control. They're only putting themselves in trouble by making this a big issue, year after year. Yes, we need background checks, but stop demonizing gun owners and guns, and stop making it a major issue. Let the states handle these issues.

I can't tell if this is trolling or not.

It's not. It's a reaction to what people say. Trump is obviously crazy, but when you have people talking about changing gun rules and legislation, what do you expect. You don't expect tensions to rise? You have a professor writing on the Rolling Stone magazine about repealing the Second Amendment and you don't expect some type of disagreement? The Second Amendment should not be repealed. This is not Europe, this is not Canada. We have to protect ourselves and if you want to be a disarmed person with no security, be my guest, but you have to have protection.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/why-its-time-to-repeal-the-second-amendment-right-bear-arms-20160613

President Obama wasted the beginning of his second term on gun control and failed. If he had spent time talking about background checks instead of demonizing gun owners, this issue of gun control would not be so heated up. The NRA is probably too powerful to defeat in this sense. Leave the Second Amendment alone. And no, I'm not a fan of Trump. Yes, he's tough, he's macho, has the swag, but he needs to tone it down, but Democrats need to leave the Second Amendment alone.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #106 on: August 09, 2016, 03:38:30 PM »

The level of faux outrage in this thread is similar to the ones in this thread. Go back to your safe spaces, people.

One of those people is an anonymous internet dork, and the other is the Republican Nominee for President.  See the difference?!
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #107 on: August 09, 2016, 03:38:41 PM »

You know I'm no big fan of Trump, but I initially read "Second Amendment people" as the NRA.  That is, the usual NRA headlock on Washington could continue and block judges just as they've blocked all gun control legislation for the last 20 years.

Of course, Trump isn't a normal politician, and by having a long history of inflammatory statements, it makes the "I am advocating an armed overthrow of the government in case I lose" interpretation equally plausible.  And in the end, it doesn't matter what he meant, it matters how it's interpreted.  And it's the latter interpretation that seems to be sticking.
Sorenroy
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -5.91

P P
« Reply #108 on: August 09, 2016, 03:38:54 PM »

Are you... and idiot? One of these threads involves a dumb joke KYS and the other is the nominee of a major political party calling for his opponent to be assassinated.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #109 on: August 09, 2016, 03:39:04 PM »

You are such a terrible person.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #110 on: August 09, 2016, 03:39:14 PM »

If those Democrats would just stop proposing policies we don't like, we wouldn't have to threaten to murder them!

I'm not saying that, I'm just saying that Democrats need to back off the Second Amendment. Leave it alone.
Sorenroy
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #111 on: August 09, 2016, 03:41:01 PM »

I'm not saying that, I'm just saying that Democrats need to back off the Second Amendment. Leave it alone.

If that's what you're saying, you're saying that in the wrong thread. This thread is about Donald Trump's calls to kill his political rival, not about the Democratic platform.
I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #112 on: August 09, 2016, 03:41:37 PM »

I can't even find the news on The Fox News site. I wonder how long they will go without posting it.
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #113 on: August 09, 2016, 03:41:39 PM »

We have had four Presidents killed by assassins in this country's history. We have had several others who had attempts against there lives. We have had assassinations and assassination attempts against many presidential candidates over the years. Don't you dare suggest this is anything other than playing with fire, especially in a political climate as charged as it has been in decades. I am not feigning this outrage. I AM outraged because THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #114 on: August 09, 2016, 03:42:07 PM »

This is a discussion about inciting murder upon a presidential candidate. Not about 2nd amendment policy. This is a thread about how a candidate nominated by a major party and with a large and angry following suggested to his followers that they murder a candidate for president of the United States.
Fargobison

« Reply #115 on: August 09, 2016, 03:42:34 PM »

NRA statement...

Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #116 on: August 09, 2016, 03:42:49 PM »

We have had four Presidents killed by assassins in this country's history. We have had several others who had attempts against there lives. We have had assassinations and assassination attempts against many presidential candidates over the years. Don't you dare suggest this is anything other than playing with fire, especially in a political climate as charged as it has been in decades. I am not feigning this outrage. I AM outraged because THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS.
I think you need more bold text.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #117 on: August 09, 2016, 03:43:43 PM »

This is a discussion about inciting murder upon a presidential candidate. Not about 2nd amendment policy. This is a thread about how a candidate nominated by a major party and with a large and angry following suggested to his followers that they murder a candidate for president of the United States.

He should have said it. Period.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #118 on: August 09, 2016, 03:44:31 PM »

Just keeps getting worse.  I can think of more than a few morons on this board who'd literally defend Trump no matter what he says, though.  Very scary, really.
Trapsy

« Reply #119 on: August 09, 2016, 03:45:32 PM »

can someone please link me to where Hillary says "I want to repeal the 2nd amendment?"
Sorenroy
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #120 on: August 09, 2016, 03:45:42 PM »

I think you need to stop defending every single thing your God-Emperor does.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #121 on: August 09, 2016, 03:45:52 PM »

Just keeps getting worse.  I can think of more than a few morons on this board who'd literally defend Trump no matter what he says, though.  Very scary, really.

Makes me understand how facism rose in democratic countries like Italy and Germany.  Just never thought we had so many lemmings like that in our own!
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #122 on: August 09, 2016, 03:46:13 PM »

How presidential of him! Saying his opponent should be shot! This is the logical next step from calling her Satan. Maybe they should shoot RBG or Obama, too! After all, they're not that different than Clinton, and also anti-Second Amendment.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #123 on: August 09, 2016, 03:46:36 PM »

There's "stirring the pot," and there's being an asshole, man.
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #124 on: August 09, 2016, 03:46:39 PM »

A major party presidential candidate is suggesting his opponent should maybe be killed and you think the problem is I'm using too much bold text? Sort out your priorities.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies