Trump Suggests 'Second Amendment People' Could Act Against Clinton
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:52:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump Suggests 'Second Amendment People' Could Act Against Clinton
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
Author Topic: Trump Suggests 'Second Amendment People' Could Act Against Clinton  (Read 8089 times)
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: August 09, 2016, 03:46:43 PM »

can someone please link me to where Hillary says "I want to repeal the 2nd amendment?"

She has never called for it but there are large segments of the left that would love to ban guns.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #126 on: August 09, 2016, 03:47:23 PM »

However, all of this would not be happening if Democrats don't stop talking about gun control. They're only putting themselves in trouble by making this a big issue, year after year. Yes, we need background checks, but stop demonizing gun owners and guns, and stop making it a major issue. Let the states handle these issues.

I can't tell if this is trolling or not.

It's not. It's a reaction to what people say. Trump is obviously crazy, but when you have people talking about changing gun rules and legislation, what do you expect. You don't expect tensions to rise? You have a professor writing on the Rolling Stone magazine about repealing the Second Amendment and you don't expect some type of disagreement? The Second Amendment should not be repealed. This is not Europe, this is not Canada. We have to protect ourselves and if you want to be a disarmed person with no security, be my guest, but you have to have protection.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/why-its-time-to-repeal-the-second-amendment-right-bear-arms-20160613

President Obama wasted the beginning of his second term on gun control and failed. If he had spent time talking about background checks instead of demonizing gun owners, this issue of gun control would not be so heated up. The NRA is probably too powerful to defeat in this sense. Leave the Second Amendment alone. And no, I'm not a fan of Trump. Yes, he's tough, he's macho, has the swag, but he needs to tone it down, but Democrats need to leave the Second Amendment alone.

Hold on there.  Trump is the one trying to inflame on this issue.  He continues to push the idea that Clinton wants to abolish the Second Amendment.  She has never done so and the campaign has strongly denied this.  Politifact has rated Trump's claim as False (see http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/may/11/donald-trump/donald-trump-falsely-claims-hillary-clinton-wants-/), but that hasn't stopped him from continuing to make it.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #127 on: August 09, 2016, 03:47:29 PM »

I now understand that some people on this board would have been defending Hitler in the 1930s.  That's what a personality cult does to people. "Buh buh but.. The Jews shouldnt antogonize Hitler like that!"
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #128 on: August 09, 2016, 03:53:14 PM »

literally Sharon Angle won the Republican nomination.
Fargobison

« Reply #129 on: August 09, 2016, 03:54:37 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

https://twitter.com/jimsciutto/status/763113618154160129
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #130 on: August 09, 2016, 03:55:01 PM »

The level of faux outrage in this thread is similar to the ones in this thread. Go back to your safe spaces, people.

We have had four Presidents killed by assassins in this country's history. We have had several others who had attempts against there lives. We have had assassinations and assassination attempts against many presidential candidates over the years. Don't you dare suggest this is anything other than playing with fire, especially in a political climate as charged as it has been in decades. I am not feigning this outrage. I AM outraged because THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS.

I think you need more bold text.

I think you need to stop defending every single thing your God-Emperor does.
Okay, I should make it clear that I'm not saying saying that this was a smart thing to say. I honestly don't know exactly what he meant by this, but either way, it is a stupid thing to say on the campaign trail. To me, talking about exercising the Second Amendment implies taking up arms as a last resort against tyranny. I did not interpret his comments as being a call to kill another individual, but I understand that some people may have different reactions when they hear the words "Second Amendment".

I just don't think that, whether it was a stupid pro-2A argument or an even dumber joke, it warrants the WORST PERSON EVER outrage in this thread.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #131 on: August 09, 2016, 03:55:38 PM »
« Edited: August 09, 2016, 03:59:29 PM by ProudModerate2 »

I can't even find the news on The Fox News site. I wonder how long they will go without posting it.

CNN.com has this as their top-story and headline.
PS: So does ABC and CBS (but not NBC .... so far, at least).
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #132 on: August 09, 2016, 03:55:47 PM »

literally Sharon Angle won the Republican nomination.

Even she had more tact.
Fargobison

« Reply #133 on: August 09, 2016, 03:57:09 PM »
« Edited: August 09, 2016, 04:02:51 PM by Fargobison »

fldemfunds
Rookie
United States

« Reply #134 on: August 09, 2016, 03:57:14 PM »

The level of faux outrage in this thread is similar to the ones in this thread. Go back to your safe spaces, people.

We have had four Presidents killed by assassins in this country's history. We have had several others who had attempts against there lives. We have had assassinations and assassination attempts against many presidential candidates over the years. Don't you dare suggest this is anything other than playing with fire, especially in a political climate as charged as it has been in decades. I am not feigning this outrage. I AM outraged because THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS.

Okay, I should make it clear that I'm not saying saying that this was a smart thing to say. I honestly don't know exactly what he meant by this, but either way, it is a stupid thing to say on the campaign trail. To me, talking about exercising the Second Amendment implies taking up arms as a last resort against tyranny. I did not interpret his comments as being a call to kill another individual, but I understand that some people may have different reactions when they hear the words "Second Amendment".

I just don't think that, whether it was a stupid pro-2A argument or an even dumber joke, it warrants the WORST PERSON EVER outrage in this thread.

Dude. You know what he was saying. Don't be obtuse.
Sorenroy
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -5.91

P P
« Reply #135 on: August 09, 2016, 03:57:55 PM »

I did not interpret his comments as being a call to kill another individual, but I understand that some people may have different reactions when they hear the words "Second Amendment".

He didn't just say the words "Second Amendment", he said:

heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #136 on: August 09, 2016, 03:58:01 PM »

Why didn't the Secret Service tackle him onstage for making a threat to a presidential candidate? He needs to be investigated immediately and then prosecuted.
elcorazon

« Reply #137 on: August 09, 2016, 03:58:53 PM »

Wow! So you're saying he's not for killing Hillary, he's ONLY for taking up arms against the government in the event she wins...gotcha
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #138 on: August 09, 2016, 03:59:10 PM »

Am I the only one who think Second Amendment people should stop Trump instead?
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #139 on: August 09, 2016, 03:59:56 PM »

Arrest him and round up his major supporters/allies.  We need to make an example out of him.
hurricanehink
United States

« Reply #140 on: August 09, 2016, 04:03:25 PM »

My local NBC affiliate had breaking news coverage on this. Meanwhile, Fox News is still talking about the emails, and that the Pulse terrorist's father went to a Hillary rally (God forbid he feel ashamed for what his son did and want to make sure the next president will make that harder).
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #141 on: August 09, 2016, 04:04:14 PM »

Little Hands Drumpf Führer strikes again!
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #142 on: August 09, 2016, 04:04:20 PM »

Arrest him and round up his major supporters/allies.  We need to make an example out of him.
That's a little far out, rounding up his supporters and family
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #143 on: August 09, 2016, 04:05:34 PM »

It's on CNN right now, along with MSNBC. It's on ABC's, NBC's, CNN's, CBS's, and many other front pages.

That hole is going to get deeper.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #144 on: August 09, 2016, 04:08:04 PM »

Am I the only one who think Second Amendment people should stop Trump instead?

LOL!
hurricanehink
United States

« Reply #145 on: August 09, 2016, 04:08:58 PM »

Now Fox is covering it.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #146 on: August 09, 2016, 04:09:26 PM »

If the coverage was still about his economic speech, he could actually be having a pretty good few days. Alas, self-restraint is not possible for Donald...
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #147 on: August 09, 2016, 04:09:52 PM »

Little Hands Drumpf Führer strikes again!

LOL !
That's my description of trump.
Glad to see that someone else picked-it-up.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #148 on: August 09, 2016, 04:16:03 PM »

Yeah this is getting picked up by everyone.
The Advocate
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -6.43

« Reply #149 on: August 09, 2016, 04:17:02 PM »

I hold Trump and his cultish followers in utter contempt as well, but two wrongs simply don't make a right. There needs to be a formal investigation into the nature of his comments and, if they are judged illegal, then have him convicted. While his supporters are reprehensible for defending even these actions of his, they have not necessarily committed any crimes. To punish them would be a serious violation of their constitutional rights.

Aside from that, Trump is a total disgrace and, based on the video, he is inciting violence or, at best, being incredibly reckless with his choice of words. If this won't motivate the GOP leadership to abandon him, I can't imagine what would.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies