Reuters/Ipsos tracking poll (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:44:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  Reuters/Ipsos tracking poll (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Reuters/Ipsos tracking poll  (Read 13189 times)
Fusionmunster

« on: August 18, 2016, 01:42:58 PM »

So the race is closing a bit.  It's now been about 10 days since Trump said anything crazy and all of the major news stories since 8/10 or so have been a net negative for Dems.  It's interesting how quickly the tied/tilt R fundamentals kick in once Trump acts normal for a little while.  Of course, he will probably throw it all away with an off-the-wall debate performance.

That or just regular fluidity in the polls. It's called Margin of Error for a reason.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2016, 02:10:52 PM »

So the race is closing a bit.  It's now been about 10 days since Trump said anything crazy and all of the major news stories since 8/10 or so have been a net negative for Dems.  It's interesting how quickly the tied/tilt R fundamentals kick in once Trump acts normal for a little while.  Of course, he will probably throw it all away with an off-the-wall debate performance.

That or just regular fluidity in the polls. It's called Margin of Error for a reason.
There's definitely a regression to pre-convention levels. You can see it in the USC tracker. Trump enthusiasm is almost matching Clinton's at this point. Also, with a lot of these R/D/I breakdowns, the levels of non-support by partisans is similar between Clinton and Trump.

Once these RV go the way of the dodo bird, which should be in the next few weeks, It will be a 3-5 point race again.

Its funny seeing you cling to the junk daily tracking polls most of us have written off.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2016, 02:45:03 PM »

There's definitely a regression to pre-convention levels. You can see it in the USC tracker. Trump enthusiasm is almost matching Clinton's at this point. Also, with a lot of these R/D/I breakdowns, the levels of non-support by partisans is similar between Clinton and Trump.

Once these RV go the way of the dodo bird, which should be in the next few weeks, It will be a 3-5 point race again.

Its funny seeing you cling to the junk daily tracking polls most of us have written off.

LV is quite likely to help Clinton on net, as even Quinnipiac has shown.
Except when the data is reduced to practice and the opposite is true. See Reuters.

Another junk tracking poll.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2016, 03:59:13 PM »

They were awful in the primaries, they are awful now. ALL DAILY TRACKERS ARE AWFUL.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2016, 04:05:13 PM »

They were awful in the primaries, they are awful now. ALL DAILY TRACKERS ARE AWFUL.
No, you're wrong!

Am I? Which daily tracker is any good?
Fusionmunster

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2016, 04:11:23 PM »
« Edited: August 26, 2016, 04:15:00 PM by Fusionmunster »

If I have to personally adjust 6 points for one candidate in order to correct flawed methodology and to assume im getting more accurate results, the poll is junk.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2016, 04:24:47 PM »

If I have to personally adjust 6 points for one candidate in order to correct flawed methodology and to assume im getting more accurate results, the poll is junk.
Sigh...
Clearly, Trump is underperforming among uneducated Sad

Hes got your support, doesnt he?
Fusionmunster

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2016, 03:12:32 PM »

Do I smell a recovery? Probably not...
Fusionmunster

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2016, 05:21:26 PM »

I still dont get how you get the results, its shows Hillary with a 4 point lead for me.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2016, 05:30:07 PM »

It's showing a 7 pt Clinton lead through 9/19/16:

Clinton:39.4
Trump: 32.4

It was like this during the primaries too, the website makes no sense.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2016, 05:35:57 PM »

Nope, you just don't know how to use it properly Smiley

But it could be a lot easier if they simplified it really.

Theres a place to click for the match up and a place to put filters on said match up, im using the site just fine.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2016, 05:41:25 PM »

Nope, you just don't know how to use it properly Smiley

But it could be a lot easier if they simplified it really.

Theres a place to click for the match up and a place to put filters on said match up, im using the site just fine.

Well, if you used it properly you would get Trump +2 like it is. You have to click on a daily tracking rather than weekly which is default, maybe you are making a mistake there.

Im on mobile which could be an issue.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies