Front page New York Daily News calls for Trump to end his campaign
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:44:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Front page New York Daily News calls for Trump to end his campaign
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Front page New York Daily News calls for Trump to end his campaign  (Read 954 times)
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 10, 2016, 01:52:49 AM »
« edited: August 10, 2016, 02:30:04 AM by ProudModerate2 »

Front Page says:

THIS ISN'T A JOKE ANYMORE.
When Trump hinted gun-rights supporters shoot Hillary, he went from offensive to reckless.
He must end his campaign.
If he doesn't, the GOP needs to abandon him.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2016, 01:54:46 AM »

Oh noes, not the New York Daily News, the Black Lives Paper of record.

Maybe Trump should return home to contemplate what to do next. Anything to sell newspapers for this failing former New York institution that is losing the circulation game to the Post and Times.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2016, 02:21:27 AM »

..... for this failing former New York institution that is losing the circulation game to the Post and Times.

Seriously,
You have been sitting on trump's shoulder too long already.
You are sounding like a parrot again !
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2016, 02:24:10 AM »

Removing Trump from the race might be a good thing for American politics and the country on balance, but gosh darn it, I really want to see him lose badly!

And yeah, we're most likely stuck with him regardless.
PeteB
Canada

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2016, 08:38:05 AM »

Removing Trump from the race might be a good thing for American politics and the country on balance, but gosh darn it, I really want to see him lose badly!

Even from a Democratic point of view, removing Trump is an absolute must.  While it is true that Hillary would be in trouble with almost any other GOP candidate, and Trump is a Godsend for her, even a 1% chance of Trump winning (and it's probably higher than that) means imho that it is a risk not worth taking.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2016, 08:42:38 AM »

Well, they’re right. Someone who calls for or jokes about violence against a political opponent should be disqualified from running for President of the United States.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2016, 09:22:14 AM »
« Edited: August 10, 2016, 09:27:50 AM by Seriously? »

Even from a Democratic point of view, removing Trump is an absolute must.  While it is true that Hillary would be in trouble with almost any other GOP candidate, and Trump is a Godsend for her, even a 1% chance of Trump winning (and it's probably higher than that) means imho that it is a risk not worth taking.
So you want to nullify my primary vote? How democratic of a Democrat. Fascism from the tolerant left because they don't like the message from the Republican nominee. How romantic.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2016, 09:30:48 AM »

Well, they’re right. Someone who calls for or jokes about violence against a political opponent should be disqualified from running for President of the United States.
Please point me to the portion of the Constitution that says that.

Plus: This. Your candidate is disqualified under your own metric.

http://nypost.com/2008/05/24/hills-assassin-talk-a-shocker/
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2016, 09:59:20 AM »
« Edited: August 10, 2016, 10:01:17 AM by MohamedChalid »

Please point me to the portion of the Constitution that says that.

Plus: This. Your candidate is disqualified under your own metric.

http://nypost.com/2008/05/24/hills-assassin-talk-a-shocker/

First, it’s not even certain whether your hero Mr. Drumpf broke the law, the Secret Service is investigating right now. And calling for people to be shot is illegal by the way. But this is not just a question of legality, it’s more a question of character and morality. Do we really want someone who calls for or jokes about violence against political opponents? What’s next once he would be in office? Joking about nuking China or Mexico? Is that what we are? Is this the kind of character we want in a president? Where we use violence or hateful rhetoric to settle political differences? Are these the values of the oldest democracy in the world? The values of Washington and Lincoln?

Second, Hillary didn’t so bluntly call for violence against our current president; and afterwards she apologized. Unlike Trump, she is able to apologize and handle criticism. Your hero constantly proved that he is totally unable to take any criticism. Instead, he reacts like a child in the kindergarten. It's always the fault of others. Never his own.

What makes me so depressed is that some people who support the Trumpeter’s political positions can’t acknowledge that is not a joke anymore. His behavior is simply disgusting.
PeteB
Canada

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2016, 10:04:52 AM »

So you want to nullify my primary vote? How democratic of a Democrat. Fascism from the tolerant left because they don't like the message from the Republican nominee. How romantic.

A - I am not a Democrat (about as far as I can be actually Smiley) - I was just explaining to Ronnie why even Democrats should look forward to Trump dropping out

B - Trump will not be "removed" - he will drop out on his own, once he gets his price. Whether the GOP is prepared to "pay that" or whether they will just let him crash and burn in November remains to be seen.

C - Your primary vote is your right but it does NOT give you (or Trump) the right to destroy the GOP (because that's what Trump is doing). Let me agree with Trump on one thing - allowing anyone to run as a GOP candidate (in spite of not subscribing to any program or policy issues the party stands for), and treating them with kid gloves (because he is an "entertainer") is Political Correctness and Reality Culture gone wild.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2016, 10:06:23 AM »

He's not dropping out and even if he did, there are deadlines to meet for replacing him. A couple of which have already passed.
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2016, 10:45:34 AM »

It should give any (remaining) Trump supporters pause that not only has the POTUS declared point-blank that this man is unqualified and unfit for the Presidency, but that major newspapers are calling for him to drop out.

Do you think the President is going to tarnish his legacy by declaring a potential successor as unfit for the office, unless it was really warranted?  It is customary for Presidents to show respect for the office by showing respect for their successors.  They may campaign against them, they may criticize the policy positions of their "worthy opponent," but going after the man himself is an extreme position to take.

It happens to be the right position for Obama to take.  Donald Trump is not a worthy opponent.  He is unworthy to be in any kind of position to win the White House.  This is not some left-wing power grab.  This is objective reality.  And that was before Trump's "2nd Amendment" comments, which have led to a growing chorus against this man, including the likes of Thomas Friedman - not exactly a leftist hack - and major newspapers putting their reputations on the line by calling for him to be dropped by the GOP.

It's time to wake up.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2016, 11:11:32 AM »

It should give any (remaining) Trump supporters pause that not only has the POTUS declared point-blank that this man is unqualified and unfit for the Presidency, but that major newspapers are calling for him to drop out.

Why would Trump supporters care at all about what Obama and the media think?
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2016, 11:23:03 AM »

Obama telling me that my candidate is not qualified makes me think that he's more qualified. Republicans are not fans of Obama or the left-wing press.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2016, 11:46:01 AM »

Obama telling me that my candidate is not qualified makes me think that he's more qualified. Republicans are not fans of Obama or the left-wing press.

Breaking news for you Seriously ...
Republicans are also not fans of trump.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2016, 11:52:05 AM »

At this point I wonder who could actually change their minds about him.  Virtually the entire mainstream media, every conservative politician, nearly all economists and foreign policy experts, dozens of CEOs and billionaires, virtually every military leader, and a large share of right-wing talk-show hosts and publications (e.g. National Review, Weekly Standard) that have spoken up have condemned Trump's rhetoric if not him and expressed in the gravest possible terms what the consequences of his campaign and election are and would be.  And nobody cares.  They have their little Wordpress blog by some gun nut in Wyoming or Breitbart podcast in their ear telling them that every single one of those people is bought and paid for by the Clinton campaign or part of some giant conspiracy or doing it for secret selfish reasons, and they automatically reject it.

Even if Ann Coulter, Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, Matt Drudge, and Milo Yiannopoulis were to come out and say Trump is a threat to America and must be stopped, I think his support would still have a floor of 35%.  It's really depressing honestly.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2016, 12:02:18 PM »

Never happen
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2016, 12:21:51 PM »

Because Trump is not even as close of a threat to sane Republicans as Crooked Hillary Clinton.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2016, 01:01:37 PM »

Trump made it on the front-page of the Austrian "Krone" tabloid today with his covert talk of killing Hillary and 50 Republicans saying that he's a moron and a security threat to the US and the world.

The paper is read by 3 million Austrians each day (that is 45% of eligible voters), so the next polls that will come out here won't be kind to Trump. I guess Hillary would destroy him 90-5 here.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2016, 03:46:03 PM »

At this point I wonder who could actually change their minds about him.  Virtually the entire mainstream media, every conservative politician, nearly all economists and foreign policy experts, dozens of CEOs and billionaires, virtually every military leader, and a large share of right-wing talk-show hosts and publications (e.g. National Review, Weekly Standard) that have spoken up have condemned Trump's rhetoric if not him and expressed in the gravest possible terms what the consequences of his campaign and election are and would be.  And nobody cares.  They have their little Wordpress blog by some gun nut in Wyoming or Breitbart podcast in their ear telling them that every single one of those people is bought and paid for by the Clinton campaign or part of some giant conspiracy or doing it for secret selfish reasons, and they automatically reject it.

Even if Ann Coulter, Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, Matt Drudge, and Milo Yiannopoulis were to come out and say Trump is a threat to America and must be stopped, I think his support would still have a floor of 35%.  It's really depressing honestly.

Nope, 35% is too low. It would be higher than that.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2016, 04:00:03 PM »

He won't. His ego is too big.
defe07

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2016, 04:09:36 PM »

I doubt it. I can see major GOP talking heads, billionaires and influential people going 3 ways: for Johnson, for McMuffin or just not get involved.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies