NBC/WSJ/Marist: Clinton leading in CO (+14/+12), FL (+5), NC (+9), VA (+13/+12) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:18:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  NBC/WSJ/Marist: Clinton leading in CO (+14/+12), FL (+5), NC (+9), VA (+13/+12) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NBC/WSJ/Marist: Clinton leading in CO (+14/+12), FL (+5), NC (+9), VA (+13/+12)  (Read 10731 times)
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: August 12, 2016, 04:43:34 PM »

NC does seem like it might be slightly high, but then again not totally inconsistent with a few of the recent polls out of Georgia and Virginia.

NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2016, 05:32:32 PM »

I mean, she's recently been sporting her modest "let's appeal to simple, religious, salt-of-the-earth, low-income voters" hairstyle, so it's not hard to believe these places really are locks.

Hillary always seemed more genuine and stronger candidate to me when she worked the populist working-class issues in the '08 primaries than the Hillary of the '16 primaries.

Now I haven't been paying much attention to her hairstyle or clothing, but rhetorically and substantively I think she has now successfully managed to pivot back to the "fighter for all Americans" mode, now that the primaries are over and (thanks to Bernie), we now have an extremely progressive party platform.

Not quite sure your exact meaning....  are you are saying that she has solidified support in these particular states as a result of expanding support among low-income White/Anglo undecided voters, or that somehow these states are more representative of that particular demographic? I am assuming the former, rather than the latter.

NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2016, 06:07:56 PM »

I mean, she's recently been sporting her modest "let's appeal to simple, religious, salt-of-the-earth, low-income voters" hairstyle, so it's not hard to believe these places really are locks.

Hillary always seemed more genuine and stronger candidate to me when she worked the populist working-class issues in the '08 primaries than the Hillary of the '16 primaries.

Now I haven't been paying much attention to her hairstyle or clothing, but rhetorically and substantively I think she has now successfully managed to pivot back to the "fighter for all Americans" mode, now that the primaries are over and (thanks to Bernie), we now have an extremely progressive party platform.

Not quite sure your exact meaning....  are you are saying that she has solidified support in these particular states as a result of expanding support among low-income White/Anglo undecided voters, or that somehow these states are more representative of that particular demographic? I am assuming the former, rather than the latter.

In fact, I'm suggesting that the she has already secured the places where any Democrat should be competitive.

Now she has the luxury of trying to appeal to less liberally inclined voters in traditionally red states. Hence the less manicured look.

LOL.... I get what you're saying, but most guys don't really pay that much attention to that level of detail. Now, it does seem that she has managed to create potentially one of the largest gender gaps we have seen in decades, so maybe that helps with sometimes Dem/ Indies / Republican women doing the more "authentic" rugged look?
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2016, 06:39:02 PM »

I added photos above. I know it's ridiculous, but there's a pattern to it. And a candidate's image is always carefully managed.

ok... thanks for the photos, and get your very real point regarding imaging and optics.

Actually, this does open up an interesting side area of potential conversation about historical presidential elections and the colors of various candidates ties, and when they appear in "business casual" versus "NH sweaters", and various suit combos.

Not trying to be sarcastic, but haven't seen much Poly-Sci studies on these matters, other than the infamous "Dukakis riding around in a tank with a silly helmet" or JFK vs Nixon classic B&W debates, I don't recall reading much about candidate optics in terms of clothing and hairstyle that was considered to have made an impact.

Been awhile since Grad School, but this appears to be a new area of political-science research.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2016, 06:46:34 PM »

I added photos above. I know it's ridiculous, but there's a pattern to it. And a candidate's image is always carefully managed.

So, ponytail = mega landslide?

I think Trump should consider sporting a "tail" and loosen up his looks a bit in places like PA and OH, and maybe consider wearing jeans and nice button down occasionally, because otherwise he looks too much like the boss that will declare "you're fired".

In fact if he can get his hair into a pony-tail it might add some points to him in Western States where he is vulnerable like Colorado for example.

NC/VA--- I would consider he consider going with tan "business casual" suit pants and consider occasionally throwing on a polo or short sleeves on Fridays during the summer....

For ME/NH/CT---- Thinking LL Bean flannel maybe combined with a nice waterproof vest might help as we move into the Late Fall and cooler climate.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2016, 12:39:48 PM »
« Edited: August 14, 2016, 12:45:39 PM by NOVA Green »

I'm still looking for cross tabs has anybody found any

Here's something...

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/four-takeaways-latest-battleground-polls-n629536

http://maristpoll.marist.edu/tag/election-2016/

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies