FL- Monmouth: Clinton +9 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:46:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  FL- Monmouth: Clinton +9 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FL- Monmouth: Clinton +9  (Read 4200 times)
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« on: August 16, 2016, 01:24:07 PM »

Killer poll against Trump.  When was the last time that a Democratic Presidential nominee won Florida by 9%? LBJ barely won Florida in 1964 as one of his weaker states. I'm guessing FDR. Florida more D than Michigan has happened (1976, Carter winning Florida but losing Michigan).

Florida is more likely up 5% for Clinton... but I am finding it increasingly hard to see Florida
as a possible Obama-to-Trump swing. Time is running out for Trump to win a state that he absolutely must win.  

Florida close to Safe D in the Presidential election? (Really I consider anything higher than an 8% lead 'safe' at this stage. That would put Hillary Clinton with 296 safe electoral votes in view of what several pollsters say of Colorado, New Hampshire, and Virginia, none of which has ever gone for a 10% for any Democratic nominee for President since at least LBJ in 1964.

With Trump up only 6% in Texas, of all places, I smell a landslide. I also see a wave election, one in which Republicans could regret gerrymandering Congressional district to leave lots of Slight R districts and few Slight D districts.

Democrats might as well now recognize that Mitt Romney was a fairly-good Presidential nominee who lost only because Barack Obama was too good a President to have a chance of losing the election. Romney would not win against Obama in a hypothetical election involving an unconstitutional Third Term...  but I think that he would defeat Hillary Clinton.

So much for the "Democratic hack" label upon me.  

Donald Trump is just simply awful. He reminds me in a way of the comedian Don Rickles, except that Don Rickles does not insult any but the high-and-mighty in Hollywood. Donald Trump insults people like schoolteachers, accountants, and nurses.  
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies