FOX5 Atlanta/Opinion Savvy GA Poll: HRC 43/Trump 43 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:28:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  FOX5 Atlanta/Opinion Savvy GA Poll: HRC 43/Trump 43 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FOX5 Atlanta/Opinion Savvy GA Poll: HRC 43/Trump 43  (Read 5496 times)
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« on: August 18, 2016, 02:00:17 PM »

If Johnson truly takes 11% of the vote, Georgia is a pure Tossup, maybe even tilt D. Don't think it will happen, though. But yeah, it's definitely more winnable for Democrats than Arizona.

Yes, I've seen enough that I really think Georgia is going to flip if Clinton wins nationally by 4-6% or more.  This is VA in the late 2000's all over again. 

I also tend to agree that Arizona simply won't happen for her, unless McMullin manages to get on the ballot and take at least 3%.

I agree with this, but I think Arizona would be a better place for her to focus on even if she's less likely to win it.  She doesn't really need either state to win, but the extra money and presence could help down-ballot races, which are more competitive in Arizona.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2016, 02:46:16 PM »

If Johnson truly takes 11% of the vote, Georgia is a pure Tossup, maybe even tilt D. Don't think it will happen, though. But yeah, it's definitely more winnable for Democrats than Arizona.

Yes, I've seen enough that I really think Georgia is going to flip if Clinton wins nationally by 4-6% or more.  This is VA in the late 2000's all over again. 

I also tend to agree that Arizona simply won't happen for her, unless McMullin manages to get on the ballot and take at least 3%.

I agree with this, but I think Arizona would be a better place for her to focus on even if she's less likely to win it.  She doesn't really need either state to win, but the extra money and presence could help down-ballot races, which are more competitive in Arizona.

Good point.  Kirkpatrick has a far better chance than Barksdale ever did, and AZ Dems don't have to worry about the 50% runoff threshold.  Are there any House opportunities for Dems in GA?  Does Woodall have a credible opponent?

Woodall does have an opponent, but the race is listed as Solid R by Cook.  They have every GA district as either Solid R or Solid D.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies