Office of Lincoln Senator Scott (Pre-election Statement)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:31:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Lincoln Senator Scott (Pre-election Statement)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Office of Lincoln Senator Scott (Pre-election Statement)  (Read 5481 times)
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.78

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2017, 03:08:51 PM »

Endorsed
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2017, 09:21:19 PM »

Actually it is 24 hours for sponsors. Always has been. Tongue

And now I have been trying my hand at forcing the rest of the members to respond within the next 48 hours after that, but with mixed results.

The hardest part is the enforcement mechanism. The former, you can threaten to table the sponsor's bill, the latter it is much harder to grab them by the neck and kick them in the... if they don't respond.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2017, 09:41:50 PM »

Noted. Grin

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Getting every member to comment on legislation is a much harder task.  I myself will refrain from commenting on legislation for a few days unless I have a question or an amendment, because simply posting "I support this" doesn't really help generate discussion.  Based on what I've seen, debate is a bit more substantive in the Senate than it is in the House, partly because we have fewer members.

I fear that too much of the passion in this game is invested in personality politics and election drama than it is in the policy aspect of the game.  Some people might like that.  I don't.  But I think it's why we lose so many great players at the end of every election.  Nobody likes drama and it's absurd to get hurt feelings from something that was meant to be fun.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #53 on: June 28, 2017, 09:58:30 PM »

I can't vote to make you PPT, sadly, but I would if I could; you clearly possess the drive and initiative necessary to excel in this position.

I fear that too much of the passion in this game is invested in personality politics and election drama than it is in the policy aspect of the game.  Some people might like that.  I don't.  But I think it's why we lose so many great players at the end of every election.  Nobody likes drama and it's absurd to get hurt feelings from something that was meant to be fun.
This a thousand times. People tend to laugh it off, especially when they're the ones instigating / benefiting from said drama, but such antics absolutely propel good players towards retirement and detract from the game as a whole.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #54 on: June 28, 2017, 10:15:08 PM »

I can't vote to make you PPT, sadly, but I would if I could; you clearly possess the drive and initiative necessary to excel in this position.

This a thousand times. People tend to laugh it off, especially when they're the ones instigating / benefiting from said drama, but such antics absolutely propel good players towards retirement and detract from the game as a whole.

There was even a brief moment where I contemplated deregistering and I don't think that ever happened before. I don't think even in early 2015 when thinks looked bleak.

Noted. Grin

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Getting every member to comment on legislation is a much harder task.  I myself will refrain from commenting on legislation for a few days unless I have a question or an amendment, because simply posting "I support this" doesn't really help generate discussion.  Based on what I've seen, debate is a bit more substantive in the Senate than it is in the House, partly because we have fewer members.

At least with "I support this" you are less likely to get blindsided by the vote and you have more of a chance to address concerns, before it is too late.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #55 on: August 12, 2017, 05:46:54 PM »

Scott Addresses Supporters in Flint, Michigan

I decided to formally kick off my reelection campaign in this city of Flint: a city devastated by the effects of contaminated drinking water, which has caused the exposure of thousands of residents to disease, as well as lead poisoning.  It is a problem that still very much exists today.  Although mainstream news outlets have sadly forgotten about the people of Flint and the enduring challenges they face each day, people here know the great work that's being done by communities to help ailing families and to rebuild needed infrastructure.  Just in May, a Michigan-based construction company owned by residents of Flint took initiative in replacing 18,0000 corroded residential water pipes in the city.  This represents the true spirit of Flint, that it can prevail in the face of tragedy and adversity.

Last month, the President signed the Flint Reinvestment Act, a bill sponsored by Senator R2D2 and myself to provide long-term care for Flint which includes infrastructure repair, health monitoring for those exposed to lead and disease, improved education, and economic development.  Now is time for the legislature to act.  And I call on all members of our region's government to do just that.

The Flint Reinvestment Act is one of my proudest accomplishments this session.  Now we're on the verge of expanding and lowering the cost of healthcare for millions of Atlasians.  As President Pro-Tempore of the Senate, I am proud that we will, in this session, finish what has been under development for nearly a year.

During my (almost full year) in the Senate, we've accomplished a great deal for Lincoln and the Atlasian people, on issues ranging from drug and criminal justice reform, to drug policy reform, to health care, education, and beyond.  And that's why I am asking for your support this August.

I've been a consistent resident of Lincoln since I rejoined this game post-reset.  I have been advocating and helping to implement the same social democratic reforms we enjoyed prior to the reset.  My opponent in this race, strangely, declared his intention to run for Senate exactly one minute after changing regions.  Now Lincoln needs a senator who has experience, someone who knows the people of this region.  While I'm sure Mr. LouisvilleThunder is a good man, he does not have the experience I believe is necessary for a senator, and he certainly doesn't know the people of Lincoln at heart.

With that said, I look forward to a clean campaign, and I hope to have the honor of earning another term as your senator.
President of the civil service full of trans activists
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #56 on: August 12, 2017, 05:47:42 PM »

I'll ask you what I asked your opponent last month: What if Quantum Leap still on TV?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #57 on: August 12, 2017, 05:50:30 PM »

I'll ask you what I asked your opponent last month: What if Quantum Leap still on TV?

I've never seen it in my life.
President of the civil service full of trans activists
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #58 on: August 12, 2017, 06:16:48 PM »

Deeply Disturbing™. I'll probably endorse you anyway because even though I'm unable to vote, I'm sure hell will be unleashed on me if I do otherwise. Also, we agree on other issues.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #59 on: August 12, 2017, 08:17:02 PM »

Deeply Disturbing™. I'll probably endorse you anyway because even though I'm unable to vote, I'm sure hell will be unleashed on me if I do otherwise. Also, we agree on other issues.

Thank you, Madam Peebs!
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #60 on: August 12, 2017, 08:20:07 PM »

Proudly endorsed. Scott is arguably the most competent man in the Senate today, and God knows we need more of him. Don't screw this up, Lincolnians.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #61 on: August 12, 2017, 08:27:12 PM »

Proudly endorsed. Scott is arguably the most competent man in the Senate today, and God knows we need more of him. Don't screw this up, Lincolnians.

Thank you very much, Prime Minister. Smiley
JGibson
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #62 on: August 12, 2017, 08:55:15 PM »

Proudly endorsed for re-election.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #63 on: August 12, 2017, 09:30:16 PM »

Proudly endorsed for re-election.

Thank you, Congressman!
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #64 on: August 12, 2017, 09:54:00 PM »

Endorsed, of course. Senate homies for life.
Lachi
lok1999
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -1.06, S: -3.02

« Reply #65 on: August 13, 2017, 07:12:38 AM »

Endorsed! we need to keep the one with the experience and knowledge of the region and the processes.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #66 on: August 14, 2017, 06:49:11 AM »

Endorsed, of course. Senate homies for life.
Endorsed! we need to keep the one with the experience and knowledge of the region and the processes.

Thank you both!
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #67 on: August 14, 2017, 06:26:30 PM »

Endorsed. Scott's been a great Senator and he's a great guy.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #68 on: August 15, 2017, 10:22:39 PM »

You've done a wonderful job in the Senate and as PPT. We agree on many important issues, you have best interests of Lincoln at heart, experience that cannot be questioned, and I look forward to seeing the good work continue!

Endorsed Smiley
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #69 on: August 15, 2017, 10:36:21 PM »

Endorsed. Scott's been a great Senator and he's a great guy.

Thank you, Governor!

You've done a wonderful job in the Senate and as PPT. We agree on many important issues, you have best interests of Lincoln at heart, experience that cannot be questioned, and I look forward to seeing the good work continue!

Endorsed Smiley

Thank you, Congresswoman!!
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #70 on: August 20, 2017, 10:07:56 PM »
« Edited: August 21, 2017, 01:57:54 AM by Senator Scott, PPT »

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE --
Saturday, August 20

I would first like to say that I am saddened to hear of our president's resignation.  It was a pleasure to have him as both a partner and friend during my time in the game.  During his presidency, the Senate and his administration accomplished a number of bipartisan legislative reforms, and his last act as president will be signing a much awaited bill to establish a national healthcare program for Atlasia that guarantees healthcare to all people.  With AtlasCare, regions will have a new framework to modulate their own healthcare policy, and this new multi-payer public system guarantees care to all Atlasians based on their individual need.

This is truly a bittersweet night for Atlasia, but I look ahead to a bright new era in Atlasian politics when President Goldwater is sworn in.

Now, the elections are almost over, and as we've entered the final stretch, the Senate race in Lincoln has tightened considerably.  While I am confident we will prevail tonight, I urge our citizens to go out and make their voices heard tonight if they have not already.  Let's build on the work we've finally accomplished, and toast to the future of this Republic.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #71 on: August 21, 2017, 02:12:10 PM »

The results have been certified and we are victorious!  Thank you very much to the people of Lincoln for reelecting me to another term, and thank you to those who helped get out of the vote on behalf of myself and my party.  Labor now has a working majority in both houses of Congress.  This is truly a new day for Atlasia.

Congratulations to all those who won this weekend!  Your work begins now.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #72 on: September 08, 2017, 12:07:42 AM »

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE --

It's only been a week since the 8th Congress has been in session and it's definitely been an interesting one.  President Goldwater resigned, leading Vice President fhtagn to take the helm.  PiT, a good friend of mine and partner in the Senate, is on his way to becoming our new Vice President as the Senate votes on confirmation.

The Senate is also seeing changes as it votes on the expulsion of one of our members, Barnes of Fremont.  Much as it pained me to submit the article of expulsion against a friend and loyal Laborite, doing so was necessary to make good on the promise to create a more active Senate and Congress.

Lastly, I am saddened to learn that Governor Mike Wells will not be running for reelection in October.  He has served the people of Lincoln well during his three terms in office.  Now the next governor must be someone who can foster more activity and increase public interest in the affairs of Lincoln.  I will make no secret that I have been contemplating my own plans for the October elections, to which I say stay tuned.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #73 on: September 12, 2017, 12:10:05 AM »
« Edited: September 12, 2017, 12:12:56 AM by Senator Scott, PPT »

Two points:

First, I would like to confirm that I will not be running either for the presidency or for the governorship of Lincoln in October's elections.

Second, and this is not something I do normally, but I implore the people of Fremont to NOT vote for Coraxion in the upcoming election to fill Barnes' vacant Senate seat.  During Coraxion's time on the Atlas, he has frequently made overtly anti-Semitic comments and is on record of supporting acts of terrorism against Israeli children.  This hateful and violent rhetoric must be condemned in the strongest possible terms, regardless of partisan loyalty or ideology, as such hate has no place in our politics.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #74 on: October 19, 2017, 10:24:19 PM »

My friends, comrades, compatriots,

One month and one week ago today, Prime Minister Truman asked me to be his running mate.  I humbly accepted, because after nearly a year of Federalist control of the White House, I believed it was time for a change.

Harry has outlined a winning formula for Atlasia.  It is a formula to empower workers, adopt a national living wage, rebuild our diplomatic apparatus, revolutionize our infrastructure, protect our environment, and guarantee healthcare as a right to all people.  And we will be bold, consistent advocates for working people and the disenfranchised.

This weekend, I urge my fellow citizens to go out and vote for qualified men and women up and down the ballot; leaders like Siren and R2D2, and the fantastic slate of people in the House Labor Caucus.

I would also like to make a special appeal to my fellow Lincolnians: elect an Assembly that will bring real reform to New York City, deliver a budget, and end this long period of political malaise and inactivity in our region.  Let's send Speaker Lok to the governor's mansion elect Lieutenant Governor cxs018, Blair, and kyc0705 as our Assembly Delegates!

Thank you.  The time is now.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies