Should underage male (non-medical) circumcision be banned? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 02:36:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Should underage male (non-medical) circumcision be banned? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 83

Author Topic: Should underage male (non-medical) circumcision be banned?  (Read 5853 times)
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: August 24, 2016, 08:37:57 PM »

1.  All male circumcision is medical (hygine reasons obvi)

2.  It looks much better.  Non-circumcised it disgusting.  Are people on here actually not?
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 03:52:37 PM »

Everyone around me that Im aware of (obviously I dont go around asking everyone this) is circumcised, for non-religious reasons.  I wasn't even aware that it was controversial in the slightest.  You learn something knew every day.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2016, 12:47:40 PM »

^ Yes.  Why must you be such a whiny brat. Don't like it?  Dont do it to your kids then, that is your perogative.  It's none of your business if other parents do it to their own.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2016, 03:52:17 PM »

I suppose like all seemingly unenforceable laws (like for example marital rape, although obviously I'm not conflating the two issues) the law acts more like a state-sanctioned censure that seeks to bend societal opinion.
It is not unenforceable at all, at least to the extent that circumcision could easily be discovered by healthcare workers during checkups. A government could even implement such checkups for boys with the specific purpose of discovering circumcision. Parents could theoretically face a trial -- if, of course, the government is willing to go that far. Consequences could be very serious, even if it now seems highly unlikely this will happen.

If it will banned in the Netherlands by the time I have a baby son, I will gladly make use of the opportunity to enjoy a day in Antwerp. Or Düsseldorf.

Is there a serious movement in the Netherlands to ban it?  That surprises me.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies