Le Pen visiting the U.K... >:(
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:18:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Le Pen visiting the U.K... >:(
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Le Pen visiting the U.K... >:(  (Read 5641 times)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 24, 2004, 06:08:40 AM »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/3654941.stm

Fascist hate-monger visits another fascist hate-monger...
---
Oddly enough it appears that Le Pen and Griffin will be in a "secret location" in Shropshire... Now Shropshire is very rural... you could hide *anything* in Shropshire and it would never be found...
I'm in Shropshire at the moment, and I'd guess that'd mean Oswestry... it's close to Griffin's fortified "farm" in Powys...
I don't think he'd risk Ludlow (waaaaaaay too many journo's et al... and it's quite liberal)...
If I find out where he is, I'll tell you all.
And see if I can get there to throw things.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2004, 03:24:35 PM »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/3654941.stm

Couldn't find out where the dinner is at... guess I'll have to throw my rocks at summit' else...
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2004, 04:07:26 PM »

France has a large and very dangerous Muslim minority.  LePen is hardly my favorite politician, but I think some Pym Fortunyn style party needs to exert pressure on the weak kneed major parties to expell or monitor this 'fifth column'.
Umengus
Belgium

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2004, 08:32:23 AM »

When I said opebo was a stupid guy...lol
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2004, 09:23:28 AM »

Turns out that Le Pen didn't go to Shropshire after all... which explains why I couldn't find him (waste of rocks...)
The dinner was in a tiny villiage near Welshpool (Powys). The locals are really, really pissed off that he came.
Their Counciller has said that it has shamed the whole villiage and is the worst thing in it's history.
---
Le Pen got pelted with so many eggs, bags of flour, etc whilst in the U.K that's he's started to look like a cake Wink
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2004, 10:51:19 AM »

Turns out that Le Pen didn't go to Shropshire after all... which explains why I couldn't find him (waste of rocks...)
The dinner was in a tiny villiage near Welshpool (Powys). The locals are really, really pissed off that he came.
Their Counciller has said that it has shamed the whole villiage and is the worst thing in it's history.
---
Le Pen got pelted with so many eggs, bags of flour, etc whilst in the U.K that's he's started to look like a cake Wink

Somebody said about it that why didn't they all just get together and throw one giant cake lol.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2004, 02:36:36 PM »

France has a large and very dangerous Muslim minority.  LePen is hardly my favorite politician, but I think some Pym Fortunyn style party needs to exert pressure on the weak kneed major parties to expell or monitor this 'fifth column'.

Since when do you care for France? Anyway, Le Pen is VERY FAR from Pim Fortuyn. Fortuyn was an anti-Muslim liberal, where is Le Pen is a fascist, sort of.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2004, 02:39:26 PM »

Fortuyn was much sexier!

LePen is far more entertaining!

haven't decided which is more important in a leader  Sad
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2004, 03:05:27 PM »

Fortuyn was much sexier!

LePen is far more entertaining!

haven't decided which is more important in a leader  Sad

Well...Fortuyn was not a torturing anti-semite who despised gays and Jews...that would kind of clinch it for me really. Tongue

Who would win in a US election, Le Pen v Fortuyn? The former would most likely be the GOP nominee, the second the Demoratic one. I'm not sure.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2004, 03:09:08 PM »

not sure either.  as I said, for entertainment value, I'd vote LePen.  might as well have something to laugh at (this is why folks like Kerry and Gore are doomed)  But Fortuyn had that soooo cool shaved head.  very macho, and very festive, all at the same time.  tough call.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2004, 03:34:21 PM »

not sure either.  as I said, for entertainment value, I'd vote LePen.  might as well have something to laugh at (this is why folks like Kerry and Gore are doomed)  But Fortuyn had that soooo cool shaved head.  very macho, and very festive, all at the same time.  tough call.

If they were major candidates, andone of them had to serve, one of them was reasonable and the other not. Wink
dunn

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2004, 03:44:04 PM »

Well...Fortuyn was not a torturing anti-semite who despised gays and Jews.

Of course not, he was gay
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2004, 04:02:34 PM »

Le Pen is so extreme that he attracts votes from both Fascists and Communists - he would not be anything close to a Republican... probably closer to a Larouche Democrat Tongue

Fortuyn, on the other hand, was murdered by an animal rights activist.  I think he was a great man - and though I am pro-immigration, I can understand the need to not want to change from values of tolerance and liberty to values of hate and fundamentalism.
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -5.88, S: -4.72

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2004, 04:23:35 PM »

Le Pen is so extreme that he attracts votes from both Fascists and Communists - he would not be anything close to a Republican... probably closer to a Larouche Democrat Tongue

Fortuyn, on the other hand, was murdered by an animal rights activist.  I think he was a great man - and though I am pro-immigration, I can understand the need to not want to change from values of tolerance and liberty to values of hate and fundamentalism.

Which, ironically, is precisely what Fortuyn would have achieved. Change Holland, a country of tolerance and liberty, into one of hate.

The vast majority of Muslims living in western Europe are decent, law-abiding citizens and they are, on the whole, welcome. To say fundamentalists represent Islam is like saying that the KKK represent christianity. It's a vast generalisation and, dare I say it, borderline racism.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2004, 04:40:24 PM »

Exactly. Smiley I knew that, actually. Wink
dunn

« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2004, 04:41:04 PM »

Exactly. Smiley I knew that, actually. Wink
Wink
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2004, 04:43:03 PM »

If they were major candidates, andone of them had to serve, one of them was reasonable and the other not. Wink

the point was:  if you create a scenario based in fantasy, you should expect answers based in fantasy as well.

asking which, of two people who are explicitly unqualified (by law), would win, is a great rhetorical exercise because it allows one to answer with protestations veiled in sarcasm.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2004, 05:09:29 PM »

the point was:  if you create a scenario based in fantasy, you should expect answers based in fantasy as well.

asking which, of two people who are explicitly unqualified (by law), would win, is a great rhetorical exercise because it allows one to answer with protestations veiled in sarcasm.

Well...yes, but still...
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2004, 05:22:31 PM »

oh, then I share more of fortuyn's views.  (although I'm not a raging anti-muslim).  LePen is so much funnier to listen to, though.  Like listening to David Duke.
Ali
Rookie

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2004, 05:56:56 PM »

The vast majority of Muslims living in western Europe are decent, law-abiding citizens and they are, on the whole, welcome. To say fundamentalists represent Islam is like saying that the KKK represent christianity. It's a vast generalisation and, dare I say it, borderline racism.

European Muslims ARE scary, and it isn't racism to say so. They are probably more radical and anti-semetic than the ones living in the middle east
Huckleberry Finn
Finn

« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2004, 02:02:49 AM »
« Edited: April 28, 2004, 09:17:15 AM by Huckleberry Finn »

I disagree with most of Opebos views, but at least he never insults other forum members. His opinions may be awful, but saying that he is stupid will change nothing.

And please take away that Belgium/Africa thing in your signature. It's pretty much clear that all here know where your country lies.  Although your insane king Leopold II tried to make Belgium as African state.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2004, 10:15:53 AM »

I disagree with most of Opebos views, but at least he never insults other forum members. His opinions may be awful, but saying that he is stupid will change nothing.

And please take away that Belgium/Africa thing in your signature. It's pretty much clear that all here know where your country lies.  Although your insane king Leopold II tried to make Belgium as African state.

What he did to Kongo was actually so bad that he had to give it up. In a time when few peopel cared for the blacks, the way they were treated in Belgian Congo was so bad it actually raised a storm of protests.
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -5.88, S: -4.72

« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2004, 04:04:58 PM »
« Edited: April 28, 2004, 04:06:43 PM by Michael Z »

European Muslims ARE scary, and it isn't racism to say so. They are probably more radical and anti-semetic than the ones living in the middle east

It's still a generalisation. Throwing everyone into the same pot ignores European Muslims who do not follow a fundamentalist doctrine, and I've met plenty of Muslims here in London who don't.
Umengus
Belgium

« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2004, 02:47:46 AM »

sorry but awful opinion is a insult to my brain. And it's very frightening to see that lots of republicans are as Opebo.

For you second comment:
-thanks to read my signature. I'm happy Wink
-it's very known which american is uncultivated in geography. My signature is just ironic (isn't it Miss Tinggle? lol).
-I'm not a royalist, I'm a republican in Belgium. I (and all other Belgian citizens) am not guilty for the acts of Leopold 2 in Congo. Are you guilty for the genocide of the Indians of America? no  
afleitch
Atlas Star

« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2004, 07:18:41 AM »

Pim Fortuyn was a great man. He highlighted a major problem facing Europe today, and that is 'tolerance of the intolerable.' Holland was and is a very liberal and tolerant nation, but he and many others had had enough of Dutch Muslims using and abusing that system, preaching hate towards homosexuals and women in his home city of Rotterdam. This is the same Europe where a Muslim tried to murder the Mayor of Paris, simply because he is gay. I am sick of it, and it has spread to the UK too. Enough is enough I say. Oh and one final note, the deputy leader of Pim's LPF party was black. He was most certainly not a racist and neither am I or many others who have had enough of extremists living in the UK, milking our benefits system, using our freedom of speech to call for the death of everyone they disagree with. We are forceablly being fed the line that 'Muslim is a peace loving religion' and that 'most are moderate' Where are these moderates!! Come out and take your faith back from those b******s who have taken the wheel.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies