Haward Dean Failed To Secure Plants
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:01:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Haward Dean Failed To Secure Plants
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Haward Dean Failed To Secure Plants  (Read 8116 times)
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 03, 2004, 03:55:04 PM »

Dean likes to say that the present administration has failed on Homeland Security, but it looks like Howard Dean failed to secure nuclear power plants in his own state while he was governor.

I don't think that this hurts Dean in the primary one bit, I do think that it is another strike against him in the general election, however.

What do you guys think about all of this.
jravnsbo

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2004, 04:08:29 PM »

I would like to learn more.  Got a story to post or a link?

Another good thing about this race for Bush, no more last hour DWI surprises.  After 4 years int eh spotlights all his record is out there, but people ( especially Gephardt's who seem to be best at it) are still digging up stuff on Dean.

Dean likes to say that the present administration has failed on Homeland Security, but it looks like Howard Dean failed to secure nuclear power plants in his own state while he was governor.

I don't think that this hurts Dean in the primary one bit, I do think that it is another strike against him in the general election, however.

12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2004, 05:14:04 PM »
« Edited: January 03, 2004, 05:15:16 PM by supersoulty »

I would like to learn more.  Got a story to post or a link?

Another good thing about this race for Bush, no more last hour DWI surprises.  After 4 years int eh spotlights all his record is out there, but people ( especially Gephardt's who seem to be best at it) are still digging up stuff on Dean.

Here's one.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,107304,00.html
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2004, 05:17:18 PM »

Yeah!  FoxNews!  One liberal on the network!
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2004, 05:25:02 PM »

Whether Fox is reporting it or not doesn't change the fact that it is true.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2004, 05:26:44 PM »

Whether Fox is reporting it or not doesn't change the fact that it is true.
I'm just taking a shot at Fox.
jravnsbo

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2004, 06:31:21 PM »

MAn wish they would wait for this story to break, don't want them to screw thois up and not nominate Dean!
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2004, 06:37:54 PM »

MAn wish they would wait for this story to break, don't want them to screw thois up and not nominate Dean!

Are you nuts.  Dean's numbers are going to jump up by at least 10% when the Democrat faithful hear this story. lol
jravnsbo

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2004, 06:42:03 PM »

yeah and more contributions too, b/c he is unfairly attacked for the actions he took!

wonder how this will plan t the greens though. and sure doesn't help national security credentials.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2004, 10:54:24 PM »

Are you nuts.  Dean's numbers are going to jump up by at least 10% when the Democrat faithful hear this story. lol

I think not . . .
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2004, 10:59:41 PM »

I think not . . .

Why not?  They have after every other stupid gaffe, statement and contradiction he has been guilty of.  As long as he can keep the anger up, he will win the nomination.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2004, 02:43:49 AM »

Just like Republicans love Bush's and loved Reagan's gaffes, mistakes and contradictions since it made them "folksy"...
CHRISTOPHER MICHAE
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2004, 04:40:31 AM »

Just like Republicans love Bush's and loved Reagan's gaffes, mistakes and contradictions since it made them "folksy"...
That's true, the more human the candidates look, whether the admit all of their frailties or not, makes them closer to the American people. Because the American people see that these politicians are not perfect.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2004, 10:37:29 AM »

Excellent  point, Christopher. Which is why it's wrong to put too much emphasis on Dean's gaffes...yeah, he may not be the most polished politician, but it's hard to find any examples in the past in which foot-in-mouth disease was cripping or even all that detrimental to a candidate's cause. It depends on what is said, of course...but the voters don't mind verbal missteps as long as the candidate has a decent explanation for them.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2004, 10:12:23 PM »

Excellent  point, Christopher. Which is why it's wrong to put too much emphasis on Dean's gaffes...yeah, he may not be the most polished politician, but it's hard to find any examples in the past in which foot-in-mouth disease was cripping or even all that detrimental to a candidate's cause. It depends on what is said, of course...but the voters don't mind verbal missteps as long as the candidate has a decent explanation for them.

Bush and Reagan never retracted statements or contradicted themselves though.  Dean does all of the time.  I can't claim credit for this, but Dean doesn't have a Reaction Team, he has a Retraction Team.
jravnsbo

« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2004, 11:49:05 PM »

Gephardt has shown dean has apattern going.  Make outrageous statement, deny it, change it, then defnd it.  

Very true.

Bush and Reagan never retracted statements or contradicted themselves though.  Dean does all of the time.  I can't claim credit for this, but Dean doesn't have a Reaction Team, he has a Retraction Team.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies