Trump +2 in CNN/ORC National Poll (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:38:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  Trump +2 in CNN/ORC National Poll (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump +2 in CNN/ORC National Poll  (Read 5627 times)
uti2

« on: September 06, 2016, 08:48:27 AM »

HRC is the worst candidate in modern history? Who in her circle is giving her such bad advice? and the worst part I can't tell if she is concerned at all if people perceive as honest or trustworthy.

She is still favored because of Trump. I have little doubt that this race would be close to over had they nominated an electable candidate, though.

That's BS, Kasich would've been the only one ahead of her easily. The others it would've been Hillary ahead by reverse Bush v. Gore margins due to changes in the electoral map. You shouldn't assume that all Trump voters would necessarily go to another Republican 1, and 2, Trump entering the race, change the whole dynamic. I.E, Bernie staying in past Feb/March due to contesting convention talk on the R side, whereas he normally would've dropped out before that. Hillary also courting neocons like Kagan and reaching out to Republicans at the expense of irritating the progressive base, also happened only due to Trump, in a normal race, it would've been an issue-focused, 'obamacare supporter' vs. 'koch puppet' race, and remember Gore won the PV.
uti2

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 09:02:21 AM »

HRC is the worst candidate in modern history? Who in her circle is giving her such bad advice? and the worst part I can't tell if she is concerned at all if people perceive as honest or trustworthy.

Her advisers are people like Kagan and Romney donors, neocons who are telling her to reach out to republicans at the expensive of the left, which as a consequence is exactly what is irritating the actual Democratic base.
uti2

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2016, 11:27:14 PM »

My only point is, the last D president who was bad for the economy was Jimmy Carter, and he actually had a stellar job creation record. If the party had a shred of competence, they would own this issue.

Carter's economic problem was that he appointed a hawk like Volcker who strangled his economy with super-high interest rates, he was advised not to appoint him in the first place. Yet even despite that, he was still ahead in the early polls vs. Reagan, he only collapsed due to the iranian situation, if he had simply bombed Iran, he would've won as a war-time president a la Bush '04, who also had a medicore economy.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies