Trump +2 in CNN/ORC National Poll (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:06:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  Trump +2 in CNN/ORC National Poll (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump +2 in CNN/ORC National Poll  (Read 5683 times)
PresidentSamTilden

« on: September 06, 2016, 09:13:31 AM »

The first major poll to show trump with a lead since the DNC, right? Very disappointing...

white non-college grad:
Trump 66%
Clinton 23%
Johnson 6%
Stein 1%

Man, that's awful. This is heavily mirroring the Brexit vote, no? The lesser educated masses standing together and making their voices heard. Idk how Clinton can make inroads with this group, they seem very attracted to Trump and his reaction-ism.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Does this imply a trump lead in Wisconsin and MI? Who would've thought the south would be a tossup and the midwest solid R. Maybe the map is changing this year after all? It's just one poll, but I guess we'll see.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Pretty even on the favorable ratings...I thought Trump would lose the election based on his personality, but it's looking far from certain on that front.
PresidentSamTilden

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 07:52:07 PM »

1) Historically young people don't vote.

Young people do usually have the lowest turnout, as far as I know. A little off topic, but is that true historically, or is that a more recent phenomenon? 
PresidentSamTilden

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2016, 08:07:24 PM »

Historically. And it's getting worse as the population lives longer.

You'll get like 15-20% from 18-29. 45+ will make up 50-55% (or more) of the electorate.

65+ will almost always edge out 18-24 by about 5 points in recent years as a group.

Yeah, I guess that does make sense. Dang, that's kinda disappointing. Doesn't exactly create a dynamic environment for politics in America...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies