PA/NH/IA PPP polls (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 04:02:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  PA/NH/IA PPP polls (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PA/NH/IA PPP polls  (Read 3958 times)
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« on: September 07, 2016, 09:18:42 AM »

Below was one of the questions. It makes it seem a bit of a push poll to me having it included, and the way it was phrased.

"There are currently 92 vacancies in lower federal Courts that have not been filled because Senate Republicans have shut down confirmation hearings of any nominees named by President Obama. Do you approve or disapprove of Senate Republicans refusing to allow votes on President Obama’s nominees to lower federal Courts?"

Actually one of my bigger complaints with PPP. They put out good polls, but when they do stuff like this or ask 20 questions about if Trump is more favorable than cockroaches (and don't even ask the same of Clinton), it hurts their credibility.

Since this poll was done for WeNeedNine, which is a lobbying group trying to get the Senate to hold hearings on Garland, the question likely came from them.  It looks like the Presidential and Senatorial preference questions came first, so it shouldn't have affected those answers.

I agree that PPP does ask some stupid questions in their public polls (the ones not for a client).  It makes them look unprofessional, which is a shame because on the whole I think they're a decent pollster.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies