UT: Dan Jones & Associates, SEP. 1-9, Trump +15 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 10:44:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  UT: Dan Jones & Associates, SEP. 1-9, Trump +15 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: UT: Dan Jones & Associates, SEP. 1-9, Trump +15  (Read 2343 times)
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« on: September 12, 2016, 11:56:57 AM »

Very disappointing.

I was not a BernieBro by any stretch, but I do believe Sanders would have been competitive in Utah, even could have won the state in a plurality.

1) He is a fresher face. Ironic, considering his age.
2) Sanders had large appeal to younger voters, and Utah has the lowest median age in the country at 30 years old.
3) His personality is very compatible with Mormons.
4) Sanders actually had significant leads over Trump in a few polls. Clinton never did.

I must say that Clinton being a female also hurts her chances in a state that largely believes men should rule. Only one female has ever been elected statewide in Utah history. Ironically, this was Democrat Jan Graham who was elected Attorney General in 1992 and re-elected in 1996. I wish she ran for a third term in 2000. Sad

And look at how Mia Love underperformed in both 2012 and 2014.

Not saying Hillary will underperform, as the Democratic floor is quite low already and the 24% of people who expressed support for Clinton in this poll always vote Democratic anyway.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies