MA-WBUR: Nothing to see here, Clinton way ahead
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:49:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  MA-WBUR: Nothing to see here, Clinton way ahead
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MA-WBUR: Nothing to see here, Clinton way ahead  (Read 1630 times)
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 14, 2016, 06:10:32 AM »

http://www.wbur.org/politicker/2016/09/14/wbur-poll-clinton-trump-baker

Clinton - 54%
Trump - 28%
Johnson - 9%
Stein - 4%
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2016, 06:17:33 AM »

Honestly surprised Trump isn't doing better here. Good sign for New Hampshire!
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2016, 07:58:23 AM »

This survey has pot #Over50, too.
I was on the fence about the charter school proposal but then someone came on the radio and suggested that he was for it because of "liberal and progressive agendas" in public schools so guess how I am voting if it seems the primary driver of it is to indoctrinate children with ammosexual propaganda (a pun between Putin and Maher)?
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2016, 07:59:54 AM »

Clinton is winning her solid blue states (CA, MA, NY, IL, etc.) by much wider margin than Trump is winning his solid red states (TX, GA, KS, etc.).
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2016, 08:05:59 AM »

Clinton is winning her solid blue states (CA, MA, NY, IL, etc.) by much wider margin than Trump is winning his solid red states (TX, GA, KS, etc.).
Yes, Trump is probably the best candidate ever to win EV while losing PV, lol Cheesy
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2016, 08:13:42 AM »

Huh. MA is a state I thought would have trended to Trump.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2016, 08:47:48 AM »

Wish we would get more polls of competitive states rather than TX, KS, IL and MA. Oh and 3 freakin' California polls!
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2016, 08:48:06 AM »

Massachusetts is arguably the epicenter of the "knowledge economy" (I feel dirty for saying this). The Boston metro area has one of the largest concentrations of highly-educated professionals in the country. It's not exactly a place where Trump has a lot of appeal...
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2016, 09:40:00 AM »

GA is a "solid red state" the way MI is a"solid blue state."

Anyway, I'm glad most of my fellow Massachusettsans apparently aren't falling for the alt-right con-artist.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2016, 09:44:25 AM »

Massachusetts is arguably the epicenter of the "knowledge economy" (I feel dirty for saying this). The Boston metro area has one of the largest concentrations of highly-educated professionals in the country. It's not exactly a place where Trump has a lot of appeal...

Some parts of non-Boston MA I could see liking Trump more than other Republicans, but Boston could outweigh that.

Another factor is Romney had a very mild homestate advantage that MA is bouncing back from.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2016, 09:47:29 AM »

Well yeah, he wasn't going to win it, but there are a lot of "blue collar whites" in MA that still vote Democratic that he could have made inroads with.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2016, 11:02:11 AM »

It would be a bit too convenient for the red and blue states to trend toward Hillary while just the swing states trend toward Trump.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2016, 11:03:24 AM »

Well yeah, he wasn't going to win it, but there are a lot of "blue collar whites" in MA that still vote Democratic that he could have made inroads with.
Peter Griffin comes to mind.

Oh wait that's Rhode Island.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2016, 10:46:02 AM »

Some parts of non-Boston MA I could see liking Trump more than other Republicans, but Boston could outweigh that.

Another factor is Romney had a very mild homestate advantage that MA is bouncing back from.

If Massachusetts starts to develop a bog-standard 'big cities=Democratic, hinterlands=Republican' political geography I'll plotz.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2016, 02:51:41 PM »

Sure man, I agree with that but I think we're all prone to overstating just how "blue collar whites" there are in MA. Ultimately, most people live in the Boston metro area and there were wild swings towards Romney in the most affluent parts of the metro area, along with substantial swings towards Romney in more populous and slight less affluent townships. It's hard to see Clinton doing worse than Obama's 08 performance there; she's liable to do a bit better.

I think I misread your post though! I think MA will trend towards Trump. I just don't think that'll the result will look anything like Rhode Island's result in the end, for instance.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2016, 04:40:28 PM »

Sure man, I agree with that but I think we're all prone to overstating just how "blue collar whites" there are in MA. Ultimately, most people live in the Boston metro area and there were wild swings towards Romney in the most affluent parts of the metro area, along with substantial swings towards Romney in more populous and slight less affluent townships. It's hard to see Clinton doing worse than Obama's 08 performance there; she's liable to do a bit better.

I think I misread your post though! I think MA will trend towards Trump. I just don't think that'll the result will look anything like Rhode Island's result in the end, for instance.

So, you thinking that RI will trend more REP of less than MA???

Couldn't tell from your post what that last part meant. Smiley
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies