MA-WBUR: Nothing to see here, Clinton way ahead (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:32:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  MA-WBUR: Nothing to see here, Clinton way ahead (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MA-WBUR: Nothing to see here, Clinton way ahead  (Read 1648 times)
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: September 15, 2016, 04:40:28 PM »

Huh. MA is a state I thought would have trended to Trump.

Massachusetts is arguably the epicenter of the "knowledge economy" (I feel dirty for saying this). The Boston metro area has one of the largest concentrations of highly-educated professionals in the country. It's not exactly a place where Trump has a lot of appeal...

Well yeah, he wasn't going to win it, but there are a lot of "blue collar whites" in MA that still vote Democratic that he could have made inroads with.

Sure man, I agree with that but I think we're all prone to overstating just how "blue collar whites" there are in MA. Ultimately, most people live in the Boston metro area and there were wild swings towards Romney in the most affluent parts of the metro area, along with substantial swings towards Romney in more populous and slight less affluent townships. It's hard to see Clinton doing worse than Obama's 08 performance there; she's liable to do a bit better.

I think I misread your post though! I think MA will trend towards Trump. I just don't think that'll the result will look anything like Rhode Island's result in the end, for instance.

So, you thinking that RI will trend more REP of less than MA???

Couldn't tell from your post what that last part meant. Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies