The liberal Republic
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 11:02:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  The liberal Republic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 35
Author Topic: The liberal Republic  (Read 107658 times)
UWS
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #425 on: December 13, 2018, 08:17:20 PM »

President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #426 on: December 15, 2018, 06:23:05 AM »
« Edited: February 21, 2022, 02:12:56 PM by President Johnson »

September 20, 1977: Secretary Nixon released from Bonn hospital, returns home

Secretary Richard Nixon leaves the hospital to return home

Three days after he has been shot by a domestic RAF terrorist, Secretary Richard Nixon has just been released from a Bonn hospital. America’s top-diplomat would, as the doctors told the press, fully recovery in a matter of months. But at the moment he was in a wheelchair, when he departed hospital and returned to his airplane to return back home. At Andrews Air Force Base in Washington DC, he was welcomed by President Nelson Rockefeller and First Lady Happy Rockefeller. In a joint statement, they thanked Chancellor Schmidt and the doctors for their handling of the situation. Secretary Nixon emphasized he would return to his daily business as soon as possible and stay in the cabinet.

Back to work, Nixon urges Panama Canal Treaty ratification before senate

It took Nixon just two days after returning home that he went back to work. On September 22, he appeared before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee to urge ratification of the treaty he submitted weeks before. The secretary received a very warm welcome from lawmakers and spent five hours to answer questions and outline the administration’s policies. “As cynical this might be”, a CBS reporter told Walter Cronkite in evening news, “the tragedy in Bonn might help the administration to get this treaty through”. The next day, Minority Leader Mark Hatfield announced his support for the treaty. However, Whip John Tower said he did not change his mind and continued to oppose to give the Panama Canal back. As it seemed now, all liberal and moderate Republicans were in favor of the treaty along with a majority of the Democratic caucus. Majority Leader Byrd also signaled his support for the agreement.

September 30, 1977: New Gallup poll

President Rockefeller job approval
Approve: 59% ▲
Disapprove: 33% ▼

October 4, 1977: Chief Justice Homer Thornberry to retire by year’s end

Chief Justice Homer Thornberry will retire by the year's end, allowing President Rockefeller to appoint a successor

Important news from the Supreme Court: Chief Justice Homer Thornberry announced his plan to retire from the court by the end of the year. He informed President Rockefeller in advance. The native Texan has been appointed to the court in 1968 by then-President Lyndon B. Johnson to replace Earl Warren and essentially presided over the continuation of the liberal Warren Court. In his role, he swore in Lyndon Johnson for his second elected term in 1969 and Nelson Rockefeller in 1973 and 1977. One of the most decisions the Thornberry Court made is the Roe v. Wade ruling, declaring state laws to prohibit abortions unconstitutional. Chief Justice Thornberry, almost 69, said he was grateful for the opportunity to serve, but he felt that it was about time to retire from active public service.

Now it was up to President Nelson Rockefeller to appoint a successor within the coming months.  The White House announced that the president would soon begin to review potential nominees. Up to 1977, President Rockefeller has mostly chosen moderate or moderate-to-liberal judges for the Supreme Court and lower federal courts, something that has, similar to President Eisenhower, angered conservatives within his party. In 1975, he chose New York state attorney general Louis Lefkowitz for the Supreme Court. Lefkowitz is a liberal Republican and was elected to statewide office in 1958, the same year Nelson Rockefeller won the governorship. During their years in Albany, both became close personal friends that share a similar ideology. In 1976, an election year the president needed support from more conservative Republicans, he picked Warren Burger for another open seat at the nation's highest court. Burger was supposed to be a more conservative-leaning judge, but turned out to be, the GOP's right wing frustration, more of a moderate since his appointment.

Author’s note: I noticed that I did not cover Supreme Court appointments after LBJ selected Homer Thornberry for Chief Justice in 1968 and replaced Abe Fortas with Pat Brown. Therefore, an update on the Supreme Court in 1977.

The current Supreme Court
(As of October 1, 1977)

- Homer Thornberry (Chief Justice) (since 1968, appointed by President Lyndon B. Johnson)

- William J. Brennan (since 1956, appointed by President Dwight D. Eisenhower)

- Potter Stewart (since 1958, appointed by President Dwight D. Eisenhower)

- Byron White (since 1962, appointed by President John F. Kennedy)

- Thurgood Marshall (since 1967, appointed by President Lyndon B. Johnson)

- Pat Brown (since 1969, appointed by President Lyndon B. Johnson)

- Arthur Goldberg (since 1971, appointed by President Lyndon B. Johnson)

- Louis J. Lefkowitz (since 1975, appointed by President Nelson Rockefeller)

- Warren E. Burger (since 1976, appointed by President Nelson Rockefeller)

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #427 on: December 15, 2018, 12:32:40 PM »

Malcom Lucas would be a good choice : https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malcolm_Lucas
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #428 on: December 17, 2018, 02:21:15 PM »

When it comes to 1980, as Ronald Reagan did so strong during the 1972 GOP primaries, I guess he might be among the potential top contenders for 1980. And possibly also Vice-President Ford.
Cold War Liberal
KennedyWannabe99
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.53

« Reply #429 on: December 17, 2018, 02:38:08 PM »

When it comes to 1980, as Ronald Reagan did so strong during the 1972 GOP primaries, I guess he might be among the potential top contenders for 1980. And possibly also Vice-President Ford.
I expect Rocky will die in his second term, unfortunately, so I hope 1980 is President Ford vs. Bobby Kennedy, with Bobby winning, or President Ford vs. McGovern with Ford winning and Bobby winning in 1984.

Side note: the thought of President Bobby Kennedy potentially leaving office in 1993 is very odd but also very cool.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #430 on: December 17, 2018, 09:10:23 PM »

For Chief Justice, I would think Rockefeller might appoint Sandra Day O’Connor, Edward H. Levi, or Edward Brooke.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #431 on: December 18, 2018, 02:15:52 PM »

October 15, 1977: Leader Byrd says healthcare bill is a “dead thing”

For over a month, the White House was silent on the process of selecting a new chief justice. Now a shortlist has been published. Some expected names can be find, but some surprises are there as well. Accordingly, the following jurists are under closer consideration for nomination to the senate:

- Warren E. Burger, Associate Justice of the Supreme Court
- Thurgood Marshall, Associate Justice of the Supreme Court
- Malcolm Lucas, Judge of the United States District Court for the Central District of California
- John Paul Stevens, Circuit Court Judge
- William H. Webster, Circuit Court Judge
- Thomas Meskill, Circuit Court Judge and former Governor of Connecticut
- Charles D. Breitel, Chief Justice of New York
- William B. Saxbe, former U.S. Senator and Ambassador to India
- Edward Brooke, U.S. Attorney General and former senator

President Rockefeller is expected to announce his decision some time in December.

November 30, 1977: New Gallup poll

A year after his landslide reelection, President Rockefeller's approval has dropped compared to were he was, but he is still twenty points above water, which is pretty good for a president in his fifth year. In its November edition, Gallup also polled approvals for various policy fields, key administration members and congress. Among them, Secretary of State Nixon polls highest, what is most likely due to sympathy after being shot in Bonn.

Approve: 56% ▼
Disapprove: 36% ▲

Questions

Q: Do you approve or disapprove President Rockefeller's foreign policy in general?
Approve: 65%
Disapprove: 23%
Undecided: 12%

Q: Do you approve or disapprove President Rockefeller's economic policy?
Approve: 67%
Disapprove: 25%
Undecided: 8%

Q: Do you approve or disapprove Vice President Ford's performance in office?
Approve: 55%
Disapprove: 24%
Undecided: 21%

Q: Do you approve or disapprove Secretary of State Nixon's performance in office?
Approve: 68%
Disapprove: 22%
Undecided: 10%

Q: Do you approve or disapprove Secretary of Defense Evans’ performance in office?
Approve: 50%
Disapprove: 18%
Undecided: 32%

Q: Do you approve or disapprove Attorney General Brooke's performance in office?
Approve: 54%
Disapprove: 27%
Undecided: 19%

Q: Do you approve or disapprove the work of congress?
Approve: 44%
Disapprove: 36%
Undecided: 20%
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #432 on: December 19, 2018, 03:36:39 PM »

The first 1980 polls will come with the December Gallup release (as I did in the previous election cycle), which is going to be part of the next update. Expect to see Reagan and others in it Smiley
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #433 on: December 20, 2018, 03:58:20 PM »

December 13, 1977: President Rockefeller nominates John Paul Stevens to be Chief Justice

President Rockefeller's choice for Chief Justice: John Paul Stevens

On the morning of December 13, President Nelson Rockefeller summoned the press to the White House East Room for an important announcement:

President Rockefeller: Good morning ladies and gentlemen, my fellow Americans:

Welcome to the White House. Today, I am here to announce my selection for the next Chief Justice of the United States, which is one of the most critical responsibilities I have to fulfill as president. I was called upon to send a nomination to the senate for the man to be the head of our nation’s highest court, following Chief Justice Homer Thornberry’s request to retire from office. On behalf the American people and myself, I want to use this opportunity to thank Chief Justice Thornberry to thank him for his public service and the high standards he set over his tenure.

As I have reviewed a decent number of potential nominees, who all had excellent credentials, I have finally decided to send the nomination of distinguished judge John Paul Stevens to the senate to be the next Chief Justice of the United States. Judge Stevens served in the Circuit Court of Appeals since I first nominated him for this position 1973, when the senate confirmed him by a unanimous voice vote. I hope the senate and each of its members will review Judge Stevens again and ultimately approve his nomination. Mr. Stevens is a highly qualified and independent judge with an excellent legal mind and a devotion to serve his country.

Thank you very much.

Stevens’ nomination was very well received in first reactions from the senate. Both leaders, Robert Byrd and Mark Hatfield, said Judge Stevens, 57 years old, was a good choice to succeed Homer Thornberry as head of the nation’s court. Political pundits expect the judge, who is considered a moderate, to win confirmation of the senate. Hearings are expected to begin within the next days and the vote will take place in January. Chief Justice Thornberry has agreed to stay on until Stevens is confirmed so that no vacancy will occur.

December 20, 1977: Senate ratifies Panama Canal Treaty, victory for Rockefeller Administration

Before lawmakers went into the Christmas vacation and congress wouldn’t return to town before the new year, the senate voted to confirm the Panama Canal Treaties to return the Panama Canal to Panama by 1999. The upper house approved the agreement with 69 votes in favor, reaching the necessary two-thirds majority for ratification. The opposition came from conservative Republicans and roughly half of the southern Democrats. Notable southern Democrats who voted in favor were Leader Robert Byrd, Lloyd Bentsen, Albert Brewer, Lawton Chiles, Richard Stone and John Stennis. In the weeks leading up to the floor vote, Secretary of State Richard Nixon, who almost fully recovered from his injury, personally lobbied at Capitol Hill to ensure approval. Even though he hoped to get 70 votes, the ratification was a huge victory for the administration.

December 31, 1977: New Gallup polls, including the FIRST for 1980

While President Rockefeller's approval rating remains, the first 1980 polls are there. However, they more reflect the name recognition of potential contenders. It is even entirely unsure whether these individuals will actually run for the White House. While Ronald Reagan and Bobby Kennedy are seen as likely contenders, Vice President Gerald Ford polls second among Republicans, but has shown zero signals of running. Some close to him say he is not interested to run for president and thinks that being vice president for two terms is enough of an honor.

Approve: 56% ▬
Disapprove: 35% ▼

1980 Republican Party presidential nomination

Former Governor Ronald Reagan: 32%
Vice President Gerald Ford: 14%
Senator and Minority Leader Mark Hatfield: 10%
Senator Howard Baker: 7%
Senator Bob Dole: 4%
UN Ambassador William Scranton: 3%
Senator Paul Laxalt: 3%
Senator John Tower: 2%
Attorney General Edward Brooke: 2%
Former Commerce Secretary John Connally: 2%
Someone else/undecided: 21%

1980 Democratic Party presidential nomination

Governor Robert F. Kennedy: 29%
Senator Lloyd Bentsen: 16%
Governor Reubin Askew: 7%
Senator Albert Brewer: 5%
Senator Frank Church: 4%
Governor Jerry Brown: 3%
Former Governor Jimmy Carter: 3%
Senator Mario Cuomo: 2%
Governor Jere Beasley: 2%
Senator Alan Cranston: 2%
Someone else/undecided: 27%

1980 hypothetical general election match-ups

Only candidates that poll over 10% in the primary

Robert F. Kennedy (D): 45%
Ronald Reagan (R): 43%

Robert F. Kennedy (D): 46%
Gerald Ford (R): 42%

Robert F. Kennedy (D): 44%
Mark Hatfield (R): 43%

Lloyd Bentsen (D): 43%
Ronald Reagan (R): 43%

Lloyd Bentsen (D): 44%
Gerald Ford (R): 40%

Lloyd Bentsen (D): 43%
Mark Hatfield (R): 39%
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #434 on: December 20, 2018, 04:03:57 PM »

Another liberal on the Supreme  Court

I’m getting very close to the point where I would be conservative or bust in 1980
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #435 on: December 20, 2018, 04:22:26 PM »

This Pres. Rockefeller sounds like all the things people believe Pres. Bush 41 was Tongue
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #436 on: December 20, 2018, 04:37:05 PM »

I’m getting very close to the point where I would be conservative or bust in 1980

You should be pleased with Reagan's early and clear lead, though? Which listed potential Republican candidates could you support here other than the Gipper?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #437 on: December 20, 2018, 06:46:42 PM »

You should be pleased with Reagan's early and clear lead, though? Which listed potential Republican candidates could you support here other than the Gipper?

Definitely support : Ronald Reagan , Paul Laxalt , Bob Dole (wasn’t he considered part of conservative wing then ) and Jack Kemp if he runs

May support : Howard Baker (With Hindsight I would definitely support but not sure without )

I like Hatfield but will not support him in 1980 unless he starts opposing Rockefeller Democratic lite agenda in the senate . Since he is also pretty liberal that probably won’t happen

Who knows though 3 years is lol a long time for my mind to change
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #438 on: December 20, 2018, 07:05:25 PM »

RFK 1980!
Barring him, go Albert Brewer or Jerry Brown, but none of the other candidates is really exciting.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #439 on: December 20, 2018, 08:37:50 PM »

Take me to Church (even though he'd probably die in office) without Bobby.
Don Vito Corleone
bruhgmger2
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -5.91

« Reply #440 on: December 20, 2018, 10:01:09 PM »

This Pres. Rockefeller sounds like all the things people believe Pres. Bush 41 was Tongue
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #441 on: December 24, 2018, 02:28:20 AM »

Reagan 1980
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #442 on: December 29, 2018, 05:40:27 AM »

January 13, 1978: Hubert Humphrey passes away

Congresswoman Pat Schroeder was given the honor of being the first woman to give an official State of the Union response

Democrats made history by giving the honor to respond to President Rockefeller to Representative Pat Schroeder of Colorado. She would be the first woman to do so. The congresswoman, who was first elected in 1972, begun by giving credit to the administration for foreign policy accomplishments, but said the House of Representatives should have been better informed leading to the Panama Canal Agreement, even though only the senate had to ratify it. Turing to healthcare, the congresswoman criticized the president for “a lack of leadership” on the issue. “What is the president’s position and what has he done to advance his cause?” she wanted to know. “The truth is, Mr. Rockefeller is supportive of the Cuomo-Javits bill, but refuses to fight for it any longer since he has been attacked by the right-wing of his party. Even though the Ford proposal is worth discussing, it doesn’t look like the administration is willing to do much”, she said. At the end of her speech, she called for legislation and executive action to advance women in the workplace and pass legislation to protect women from abuse.

January 31, 1978: New Gallup poll

Approve: 57% ▲
Disapprove: 35% ▬
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #443 on: December 31, 2018, 04:37:46 AM »

I'm excited to see how President Rockfeller's policy towards Israel and Egypt will look like.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #444 on: January 03, 2019, 12:27:44 PM »

February 5, 1978: President Rockefeller signs Executive Order on healthcare for federal contractors

Senate Minority Leader Mark Hatfield sees himself supporting a more market-oriented healthcare bill

The public attention in the month of February has been heavily dominated by healthcare debate. Since it became evident last year, that the universal healthcare plan by Senators Javits and Cuomo could not pass, a more moderate and market-oriented proposal, originally submitted by Vice President Gerald Ford and his old allies on the hill, was discussed. In late February, senate leaders Byrd and Hatfield reportedly agreed to submit a bill to the senate floor and allow a vote. Insiders reported, they have the votes to break up a filibuster by opponents of the healthcare-reform. Whether there were enough votes to pass the senate and the House, which were splitted in control, was another question, though. In any event, the vote would be close. But President Rockefeller was not ready to quit and aware of the fact that with another midterm election in November he was running out of time, even though he had roughly three years left in his term.

February 28, 1978: New Gallup poll

Approve: 54% ▼
Disapprove: 38% ▲
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #445 on: January 05, 2019, 06:44:50 AM »

March 1, 1978: Equal Rights Amendment becomes 27th Amendment to the Constitution

President Nelson Rockefeller officially endorsed Governor James Holshouser against Jesse Helms and will send Vice President Gerald Ford to an early campaign event

Although the Helms camp publically remained calm, reports suggested they’re taking the challenge more serious than officially pretended. A big help came from Ronald Reagan, who endorsed Helms early on and held a rally with him shortly after Holshouser entered the race. On March 10, President Nelson Rockefeller formally endorsed Governor Holshouser for the Republican nomination against Helms. “This is not aimed against any person. However, I think that Governor James Holshouser will be an excellent senator who will represent his state with compassion and dignity and deliver real results in a close partnership with my team”, the president commented. Vice President Gerald Ford called him "a friend and terrific governor."

Republican Whip John Tower (R-TX) quickly endorsed Helms for renomination but said the president was fully "entitled to endorse who ever he wants". Other Republican leaders in congress such as Minority Leader Mark Hatfield publically remained neutral, though Hatfield and Helms never got along really well. But in order not to anger conservative senators, Hatfield only privately was rooting for Holshouser.

A campaign event was not yet on President Rockefeller’s schedule, but he was expected to stump the trail for his preferred candidate in the weeks and days leading up to the primary, which will take place in early May. On March 12, the White House announced that Vice President Gerald Ford would speak at a campaign event later this month. The fact, that the vice president was already sent and the president later to follow made it clear: Rocky was not giving up control of the GOP. But he was also taking a risk with this latest move to further divide his party and lose both the 1978 midterm elections and the 1980 presidential election. Nevertheless, as of now, his popularity was stable over 50% due to foreign policy successes and a good economy.

March 31, 1978: New Gallup poll

Approve: 55% ▲
Disapprove: 36% ▼
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #446 on: January 07, 2019, 10:46:41 AM »

Go Holshouser, Dump Jesse Jackson! The '80 primary should be bitter with this GOP division, no matter what happens to Rockefeller.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #447 on: January 07, 2019, 03:34:26 PM »

I just noticed that the TL started on March 31, 1968 with LBJ's Oval Office speech. Now we have reached coverage of

10 years

Really amazing.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #448 on: January 07, 2019, 03:35:42 PM »

I just noticed that the TL started on March 31, 1968 with LBJ's Oval Office speech. Now we have reached coverage of

10 years

Really amazing.

Congrats
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #449 on: January 08, 2019, 03:57:50 PM »

April 6, 1978: Israeli-Egyptian peace treaty and security pact in sight, Secretary Nixon says

According to Secretary of State Richard Nixon, a peace accord between Israel and Eypt is coming closer

A breakthrough in the Middle East negotiations? As Secretary of State Richard Nixon held extended meetings with his Israeli and Egyptian counterparts over the last few days, a spokesman of the State Department told the public that a comprehensive security pact for the region was on the table. No details were provided yet, but such a security pact would establish a permanent peace accord between the two nations and promote closer coordination between the military forces of both sides to avoid further conflicts. Furthermore, the United States and the Soviet Union would guarantee the treaty’s enforcement. Russian diplomats were involved since the beginning of the talks, but it was not known yet under which circumstances the Politburo in Moscow finally agrees. It is rumored that Secretary General Leonid Brezhnev wished a reduction in US military presence in Israel, what President Nelson Rockefeller, concerned over Israel’s security, rejected numerous times. However, Richard Nixon emphasized more than once that any agreement could only last if the USSR was included. “Secretary Nixon has made clear that he thinks a lasting peace can only be archived with Moscow’s contribution", the spokesman told the press. “Talks with Moscow will continue both between Secretary Nixon and Minister Gromyko, as well as Secretary General Brezhnev and President Rockefeller”, he further remarked.

Question on Israel’s territory, and the Golan Heights in particular, were still under discussion. The conflict over this piece of land was key issue. Insiders reported that the Rockefeller Administration was actually willing to convince Israel to give the Golan Heights up in favor of a demilitarized zone, if this would lead to a definitive end of all hostilities against the Jewish state.

On April 8, 1978, Secretary Nixon announced that a final agreement is scheduled for summer, when President Rockefeller is expected to host a summit in the United States with the Israeli Prime Minister Begin and Egyptian President Sadat. Meanwhile, the head of state will consult with Secretary General Brezhnev to work out a solution.

Late April 1978: As key senate primary nears, Rockefeller and Reagan campaign on opposing sides

Ronald Reagan on the campaign trail with conservative senator Jesse Helms, whose moderate primary opponent is backed by President Rockefeller

As North Carolina’s senate primary nears, President Nelson Rockefeller is finally stumping the trail for Governor James Holshouser, who challenges sitting senator Jesse Helms for renomination. Helms, one of the most conservative lawmakers and frequently at odds with the White House, is supported by Ronald Reagan. In his speeches, Reagan criticized the White House’s latest policies without mentioning the president by name. The conservative leaders emphasized the need the keep voices such as Helms in the senate to “oppose the administration where necessary and support were possible.” The president for his part argued that Holshouser would be less of divisive figure who could deliver pragmatic results for his state and the nation. Earlier, Vice President Ford already campaigned with the governor. An April 15 Gallup poll, showed that Helms was leading Holshouser by 45 – 39% for the Republican nomination. Whether President Rockefeller’s help gives Holshouser the final momentum to take Helms down remains to be seen. The same poll found the president’s approval rating at 55% in the state.

Whether this increasing rift within the Republican Party has negative consequences for the November midterm elections is unclear at this point, as the Democrats themselves are not completely united. As of now, with the positive economic data, the Republican Party is in better shape for the midterms than it was in 1974, when the US was slipping into a recession. Whether the GOP can defend its very narrow House majority in a second Rockefeller midterm was another question, though. Most observers expect Democrats to retake the chamber even if the president's approval rating remains steady over 50%.

April 30, 1978: New Gallup poll

Approve: 56% ▲
Disapprove: 36% ▬
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 35  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies