White Privilege (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:00:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  White Privilege (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: White Privilege  (Read 2413 times)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: September 15, 2016, 07:17:30 PM »
« edited: September 15, 2016, 07:22:30 PM by Spicy Purrito »

Isn't this, if anything, class privilege?

White privilege is usually about how rich white people are, so, yeah, white privilege is basically rich privilege.

And Democrats change rich to white.  It used to be wealthy was code for Jews and now it's code for whites.  Instead of raising taxes on the whites they're raising taxes on the "wealthy."

I know this might be a shock, but not all white people are the Kennedy family or George Clooney.

Tell that to Clinton's supporters because they need to hear it.  Notice how none of her supporters want to talk about Democrats who benefit from white privilege and if they do they're quick to talk about Bush or Trump or someone in the other party whose come from wealth.
I thought about taking this thread seriously but it seems to be a thread about people who vote against their interests complaining about people voting against their interests. And I know that complaning about people voting against their interests gets no one anywhere. So no. This isn't about "reverse racism", this is a circle jerk. Cheesy Right up there with John Kerry sipping champagne telling people how much empathy he has for the poor or JTP talking about how taxes on people over 300K "hurts people".
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2016, 07:49:35 PM »

Isn't this, if anything, class privilege?

White privilege is usually about how rich white people are, so, yeah, white privilege is basically rich privilege.

And Democrats change rich to white.  It used to be wealthy was code for Jews and now it's code for whites.  Instead of raising taxes on the whites they're raising taxes on the "wealthy."

I know this might be a shock, but not all white people are the Kennedy family or George Clooney.

Tell that to Clinton's supporters because they need to hear it.  Notice how none of her supporters want to talk about Democrats who benefit from white privilege and if they do they're quick to talk about Bush or Trump or someone in the other party whose come from wealth.
I thought about taking this thread seriously but it seems to be a thread about people who vote against their interests complaining about people voting against their interests. And I know that complaning about people voting against their interests gets no one anywhere. So no. This isn't about "reverse racism", this is a circle jerk. Cheesy Right up there with John Kerry sipping champagne telling people how much empathy he has for the poor or JTP talking about how taxes on people over 300K "hurts people".

Exactly what I was looking for.  John Kerry is the epitome of white privilege and higher taxes aren't enough to stop him.  Teaching children how to read would help.
And unless you think we don't need Government, you need need taxes to do things like that. There are also people like that will donate all their estate to charity, leacing only enough to retire and care for the family home to the kids. I don't believe we necessarily need government, I just believe that if we are serious about problems that we need to keep an open mind.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2016, 08:13:45 PM »

Exactly what I was looking for.  John Kerry is the epitome of white privilege and higher taxes aren't enough to stop him.  Teaching children how to read would help.
White Privilege doesn't exist. Class/Income privilege does
You're right but that's not exactly how Democrats sell it.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies