OK-SoonerPoll/NewsOK: Trump+15 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:57:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  OK-SoonerPoll/NewsOK: Trump+15 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: OK-SoonerPoll/NewsOK: Trump+15  (Read 1069 times)
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« on: September 18, 2016, 03:56:51 AM »

lolno. Trump's going to win OK by at least 30.

I'm not so sure about that this year. For the first time since 2000, there will be more than two parties on the ballot this year in Oklahoma. I've always heard Oklahoma has some of the strictest ballot access laws in the country (and that is apparent through that fact), but how rigorous are the requirements and why is that state particularly bad?

Oklahoma is interesting only in the fact that is not interesting. The past three elections have been a virtual statis in terms of presidential politics. The difference in each parties result between 2004 and 2008 was 0.08%. Romney managed to gain 1.12% to break the 2/3 mark. But in all three elections, Republicans swept every county. Kerry came very close to winning at least one or even a couple counties. The same cannot be said for Obama. I do wonder if Hillary can break that streak, but I'm hesitant on account of her particularly poor primary performance. I don't know how much that will make a difference one way or the other. Personally, I think Trump probably wins Oklahoma by 25-30%. It she wins a county, it could be Oklahoma or one of the counties to the southeast of Tulsa.

Looking at past results, is it a high Native American vote that drives up Democratic performance in counties like Cherokee, Muskogee, and McIntosh? It sounds obvious by some of the names, but I feel like asking anyway for those in the know.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies