OJ Simpson Takes a Stab at Twitter for the first time
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:16:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  OJ Simpson Takes a Stab at Twitter for the first time
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: OJ Simpson Takes a Stab at Twitter for the first time  (Read 966 times)
Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2019, 10:12:39 AM »

Fitting for all the whites in this thread

Roll Eyes

You're a really bad troll, I don't even understand what you get out of this "OJ did nothing wrong" shtick. no one in this thread thinks OJ did it because he was a black athlete and that makes them uncomfortable, they think he did it because of the overwhelming evidence that he did. it's unfortunate how people try to make this case all about Simpson's race when in reality he was a rich, privileged football star who didn't give a damn about the plight of your average black person in this country, he never spoke out on civil rights or anything else like that, he got rich and famous and totally forgot his roots, and some of his own friends have attested to that. at some point you stop being black or brown and start being a standard rich asshole, and I've always believed that.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2019, 10:51:35 AM »

I admit that I probably have an inherent bias towards reflexively and emotionally protecting the modestly rich that defines my worldview because they are often so unfairly maligned for all the effort they put in, but I was really blind towards the facts of this case until I was directed towards some alternative sources about two years ago, which made me reconsider everything that had previously been fed to me.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2019, 12:05:18 PM »
« Edited: June 19, 2019, 12:10:28 PM by Dope and Diamonds »

Fitting for all the whites in this thread

idk man, my fiancee is black and thinks OJ Simpson is a pos even more than I do.

It's probably people's perceptions. After watching American Crime Story I sort of just came to the conclusion that if this had happened anywhere other than LA any time other than the early-mid 90s, he would have been easily convicted, and probably should have been.

I wasn't alive then, so who knows?
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2019, 12:41:25 PM »

idk man, my fiancee is black and thinks OJ Simpson is a pos even more than I do.

It's probably people's perceptions. After watching American Crime Story I sort of just came to the conclusion that if this had happened anywhere other than LA any time other than the early-mid 90s, he would have been easily convicted, and probably should have been.

Thank you for the first reasonable and respectful reply. There is great uncertainty so this is a fair position. The liberals just want to hate the rich, and the conservatives just want to have any reason to hate the blacks. It's all just identity politics. In any other case you would have some group giving him the benefit of the doubt, but here it is just me and olawakandi.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2019, 01:12:56 PM »

Thank you for the first reasonable and respectful reply. There is great uncertainty so this is a fair position. The liberals just want to hate the rich, and the conservatives just want to have any reason to hate the blacks. It's all just identity politics. In any other case you would have some group giving him the benefit of the doubt, but here it is just me and olawakandi.

Or we all come together to have a murderer behind bars, I dunno just spitballing.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2019, 07:38:22 PM »

I knew this thread would devolve into being nearly unreadable but I just have to say that this thread's title is simply the best.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies