MD-Goucher Poll: Clinton +33
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 11:31:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  MD-Goucher Poll: Clinton +33
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MD-Goucher Poll: Clinton +33  (Read 1386 times)
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 22, 2016, 03:11:39 PM »

58% Clinton (D)
25% Trump (R)
6% Johnson (L)
2% Stein (G)

http://www.wbaltv.com/politics/goucher-poll-tracks-races-for-president-senate/41779158
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2016, 03:13:02 PM »

#Battleground MD
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2016, 03:14:41 PM »

But I was told Democrats had maxed out in Maryland and that the state will trend R because reasons.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2016, 03:22:46 PM »

Wasn't there a thread on the top five Clinton state awhile back in terms of her total % of the vote?

Certainly looking strongly like MD is still a top-tier contender for the final three list....
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2016, 03:28:20 PM »

Trump is going to get destroyed here.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2016, 03:29:35 PM »

Always thought this or Hawaii would be her best state.  VT and NY margins are going to fall significantly, CA could swing either way from 2012 based on recent polling.

Hawaii is such a weird state that her margin could be underwhelming there.  Maryland seems like a good choice.  I would have thought Rhode Island could be up there, but the one poll makes it seem like Trump won't get crushed massively there.
swf541

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2016, 03:30:33 PM »

Yep, though sadly here in Washington County its Trump land.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2016, 03:34:09 PM »

Always thought this or Hawaii would be her best state.  VT and NY margins are going to fall significantly, CA could swing either way from 2012 based on recent polling.

Hawaii is such a weird state that her margin could be underwhelming there.  Maryland seems like a good choice.  I would have thought Rhode Island could be up there, but the one poll makes it seem like Trump won't get crushed massively there.

Hawaii also is one of those weird states that seems to get an itch up their bottoms after every 8 year cycle when one party holds the Presidency, and votes for the party out of power.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2016, 03:35:02 PM »

Probably even safer for her than California.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2016, 03:58:27 PM »
« Edited: September 22, 2016, 04:03:30 PM by Jacobin American »

Maryland has become one of the strongest Democratic states in the nation thanks to the highly educated, multicultural, and affluent Washington and (to a lesser extent, altho still significant) Baltimore metros. When I passed through the state earlier this month (passing over the beautiful yet terrifying Chesapeake Bay Bridge), it struck me as one of the most beautiful states on the east coast. Aside from their drivers, it's a wonderful place.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2016, 04:20:19 PM »

Maryland has become one of the strongest Democratic states in the nation thanks to the highly educated, multicultural, and affluent Washington and (to a lesser extent, altho still significant) Baltimore metros. When I passed through the state earlier this month (passing over the beautiful yet terrifying Chesapeake Bay Bridge), it struck me as one of the most beautiful states on the east coast. Aside from their drivers, it's a wonderful place.

This is quite something...

>educated=Democratic, okey-dokey
>affluent=Democratic, lol, not even in this election!
> Maryland=beautiful - it's no different from any other place on the east coast, save Delaware. There are a few ok parts, but most of it's just an absolute nightmare. Like, I personally like it more than New England, but I don't think I could say more beautiful with a straight face.

I mean, you're entitled to your opinion on the first point, but let's not let our understanding of the 'deplorables' in this election dictate how the affluent vote, as RINO Tom will certainly be glad to show you some beautiful charts. Trump voters are overwhelmingly wealthier.
Liberalrocks
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2016, 04:31:33 PM »

JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2016, 04:33:23 PM »
« Edited: September 22, 2016, 04:36:03 PM by Jacobin American »

> Maryland=beautiful - it's no different from any other place on the east coast, save Delaware. There are a few ok parts, but most of it's just an absolute nightmare. Like, I personally like it more than New England, but I don't think I could say more beautiful with a straight face.

I mean, you're entitled to your opinion on the first point, but let's not let our understanding of the 'deplorables' in this election dictate how the affluent vote, as RINO Tom will certainly be glad to show you some beautiful charts. Trump voters are overwhelmingly wealthier.

I was stating those as objective facts about those metros, not that their affluence was a direct cause of them voting heavily Democratic. Honestly, I should've worded it better.

As for the state's beauty, that's highly subjective. Personally, I enjoyed the hills, Chesapeake Bay, and wealthy suburbs of the state. That's just my thing.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2016, 04:50:21 PM »

Sprouts--- I love you man!

True statement bolded for emphasis. Now, although Trump wealthies exist throughout the Union, there is also a strong correlation between 65+ voters, and level of support for Trump.

Now, anecdotal story (insert eye rolling everyone) the first Trump supporter I ever met was my boss in Houston Texas who was clearing $120k + who back in late Summer '15 put a Trump sticker up on his office cube (In a client owned facility) and Frank's 200 employees were 60%+ Latino and 15% Black!!!

I referred the issue to Senior HR, but it turned out there was no corporate policy prohibiting support for political candidates being posted in the workplace (Even in a client's facility!).

Now I'm with Jacobin the natural beauty of Maryland from Eastshore to the foothills of the mountains in Western Maryland.  Smiley

Honestly, I'm kind of curious about how poorly Trump might perform on the Eastern Maryland counties this year.... part of the state that used to still retain Southern characteristics, but is basically a part of the state with small tight-knit communities, including a large Black population.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2016, 04:51:35 PM »

I'm still surprised that Larry Hogan managed to win in 2014. Yes, Brown is terrible, but I was convinced that there was simply no path to victory for a Republican here anymore.

low turnout certainly help.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2016, 05:29:58 PM »

Can't we just pay a decent number of MD Clinton supporters to move to FL and OH? We have a surplus.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2016, 05:43:28 PM »

I was stating those as objective facts about those metros, not that their affluence was a direct cause of them voting heavily Democratic. Honestly, I should've worded it better.

As for the state's beauty, that's highly subjective. Personally, I enjoyed the hills, Chesapeake Bay, and wealthy suburbs of the state. That's just my thing.

I mean, I guess I can respect most of that, but outside of Bethesda, the suburbs don't strike me as better than other parts of the northeast. Maybe there are a couple I haven't gotten to yet around there. The rest is perfectly fine, but the Baltimore area and north of it seem to be in much quicker decay than most other places - its just a bit striking coming from the north.

I'm also probably a little desensitized to northeast Philly, and I guess, uhhh, (parts of) Jersey City. Ah well, some good came out of this, you're inspiring me to make a FF/HP county map since the states are too diverse! Tongue
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies