MD-Goucher Poll: Clinton +33 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:39:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  MD-Goucher Poll: Clinton +33 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MD-Goucher Poll: Clinton +33  (Read 1388 times)
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: September 22, 2016, 03:58:27 PM »
« edited: September 22, 2016, 04:03:30 PM by Jacobin American »

Maryland has become one of the strongest Democratic states in the nation thanks to the highly educated, multicultural, and affluent Washington and (to a lesser extent, altho still significant) Baltimore metros. When I passed through the state earlier this month (passing over the beautiful yet terrifying Chesapeake Bay Bridge), it struck me as one of the most beautiful states on the east coast. Aside from their drivers, it's a wonderful place.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2016, 04:33:23 PM »
« Edited: September 22, 2016, 04:36:03 PM by Jacobin American »

Maryland has become one of the strongest Democratic states in the nation thanks to the highly educated, multicultural, and affluent Washington and (to a lesser extent, altho still significant) Baltimore metros. When I passed through the state earlier this month (passing over the beautiful yet terrifying Chesapeake Bay Bridge), it struck me as one of the most beautiful states on the east coast. Aside from their drivers, it's a wonderful place.

This is quite something...

>educated=Democratic, okey-dokey
>affluent=Democratic, lol, not even in this election!
> Maryland=beautiful - it's no different from any other place on the east coast, save Delaware. There are a few ok parts, but most of it's just an absolute nightmare. Like, I personally like it more than New England, but I don't think I could say more beautiful with a straight face.

I mean, you're entitled to your opinion on the first point, but let's not let our understanding of the 'deplorables' in this election dictate how the affluent vote, as RINO Tom will certainly be glad to show you some beautiful charts. Trump voters are overwhelmingly wealthier.

I was stating those as objective facts about those metros, not that their affluence was a direct cause of them voting heavily Democratic. Honestly, I should've worded it better.

As for the state's beauty, that's highly subjective. Personally, I enjoyed the hills, Chesapeake Bay, and wealthy suburbs of the state. That's just my thing.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies