The Office of Governor Wells (L-NY)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:03:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Office of Governor Wells (L-NY)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: The Office of Governor Wells (L-NY)  (Read 7113 times)
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: August 18, 2017, 02:43:06 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

x Mike Wells

Also, remember to vote in the elections.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #76 on: August 23, 2017, 04:58:42 PM »

Two bills to sign.

x Mike Wells

x Mike Wells

I signed these as measures to combat the NLLC, the first measure is only temporary. I will also take further action against the NLLC:

Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #77 on: September 04, 2017, 02:26:25 PM »

x Mike Wells

This bill is a bill the South passed recently, and I hope that by signing this bill in this region we give the young people in Lincoln something to do besides any criminal stuff.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #78 on: September 06, 2017, 03:43:40 PM »

I have decided that I am not running for reelection to the office of governor next month. Three terms is enough. For the next month or so I’m going to make sure that the region of Lincoln is in good shape when I leave.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #79 on: September 06, 2017, 03:52:07 PM »

I have decided that I am not running for reelection to the office of governor next month. Three terms is enough. For the next month or so I’m going to make sure that the region of Lincoln is in good shape when I leave.

Thank you for your service, Governor. This is truly the end of a dynastic era. I look forward to working with you in your post-Gubernatorial career.
Lachi
lok1999
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -1.06, S: -3.02

« Reply #80 on: September 06, 2017, 05:03:27 PM »

I thank you for your good work during these last 6 months, and I hope that you will continue to help making this great region even better in the future.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #81 on: September 06, 2017, 05:12:36 PM »

Thanks guys. Smiley
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #82 on: September 06, 2017, 05:15:12 PM »

Thank you for your service, Governor Wells. You've done a number of amazing things for Lincoln and your presence will surely be missed. Best of luck to you in your future endeavors!
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #83 on: September 06, 2017, 06:11:58 PM »

You guys are acting like I'm gone already. Those things you're saying are nice, but I'm still governor for a little bit. Part of leaving this region in good shape means ending decisions that have made it worse. I'm repealing the Lincoln Curfew Act, which was one of the very small number of mistakes I made in office. The outcome that actually happened was very different from the outcome I hoped for and anticipated. So it's going to be gone.

x Mike Wells

Now everything can go back to normal.
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #84 on: September 06, 2017, 07:54:44 PM »

I am saddened to hear this news of my region's current Governor not running for another term. It was a great pleasure working with you as an Assemblyman and a Lieutenant Governor for the region prior to joining Congress. I hope your successor elected by the people continues to help make the Lincoln Region better after this term's over.

- Congressman/Former Lincoln Lt. Gov JGibson (Lab)
RC (a la Frémont)
ReaganClinton20XX
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: -6.96

P P P

« Reply #85 on: September 06, 2017, 10:09:35 PM »

Governor Wells,

Thank you for your service to the region of Lincoln. Though we may have our disagreements, you have surely resonated with Lincoln's citizens and had made an impact. I wish you the best of luck in your post-gubernatorial career.

-Assemblyman ReaganClinton20XX (F-CT)
kyc0705

« Reply #86 on: September 07, 2017, 07:00:17 AM »

Thank you for all your valuable work, Governor. Lincoln is better because of your great effort.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #87 on: September 08, 2017, 12:08:13 AM »

Thanks for your service, Gov!
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #88 on: September 29, 2017, 07:40:36 PM »

x Mike Wells
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #89 on: October 06, 2017, 01:40:29 PM »

x Mike Wells
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #90 on: October 07, 2017, 08:15:17 PM »

Governor Wells-

In case you missed it, Associate Justice TJ has resigned from the Supreme Court. He was the Associate Justice for Lincoln.

You now have the power to name his successor, subject to confirmation by the Lincoln Assembly and assent by the President (or, if the President rejects Lincoln's candidate, a supermajority override vote of the Senate). See Article V, Section 1, Clause 3 of the Atlasian Constitution.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #91 on: October 09, 2017, 04:09:04 PM »

After a lot of searching and weighing my options, I think I have found a highly qualified person for the job.

Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #92 on: October 09, 2017, 04:13:07 PM »

Blair will make a superb Justice — well chosen!
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #93 on: October 09, 2017, 06:26:33 PM »

Sorry, but I'm gonna have to strongly oppose this. I supported Blair for Assembly because I believed he could help whip up activity and such. But the Supreme Court is a completely different story. Why appoint a labor hack (no offense Blair but we are both party hacks, just like you all would oppose me as justice, too, and you know you would.) I already have a problem with Windjammer on the court and would not want North Carolina Yankee back on the court either as Chief Justice, we both know that you had quite a few non - party hack options to choose from and yet you did this. There are many reasons to oppose this lest we have to hear Windjammer's musings about "unanimous cases" which just goes to show the full extent of irony on the court. I strongly oppose this and must unfortunately ask the Assembly to reject this nomination.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #94 on: October 09, 2017, 06:40:28 PM »

Sorry, but I'm gonna have to strongly oppose this. I supported Blair for Assembly because I believed he could help whip up activity and such. But the Supreme Court is a completely different story. Why appoint a labor hack (no offense Blair but we are both party hacks, just like you all would oppose me as justice, too, and you know you would.) I already have a problem with Windjammer on the court and would not want North Carolina Yankee back on the court either as Chief Justice, we both know that you had quite a few non - party hack options to choose from and yet you did this. There are many reasons to oppose this lest we have to hear Windjammer's musings about "unanimous cases" which just goes to show the full extent of irony on the court. I strongly oppose this and must unfortunately ask the Assembly to reject this nomination.

Going on the court was the biggest mistake I have made in the past 3 years.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #95 on: October 09, 2017, 06:56:10 PM »

Me joining the Supreme Court changed nothing to its non partisan nature, despite me having been part in many unethical schemes, plots when I was active. And yes, all but one of these cases I had to handle were unanimous.

I believe Blair should have a chance to prove he would be a good Justice, and not being disqualified because he was a former chair. In fact, there have been a lot of former chairs who ended up "Justices": bgwah, oakvale,... And the partisanship of the Supreme Court never was a problem (I thnk so).
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #96 on: October 09, 2017, 07:23:38 PM »

So it's obvious that DFW & Fhtagn both tried to heavily lobby for their own pick, didn't get it, and are now concern-trolling in an blatantly transparent way to block the appointment.

This isn't about Blair. It's about any pick that's not an uber-right winger and that will become obvious if Blair's candidacy is somehow derailed and another selection is made.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #97 on: October 09, 2017, 07:28:01 PM »
« Edited: October 09, 2017, 07:29:57 PM by President fhtagn »

So it's obvious that DFW & Fhtagn both tried to heavily lobby for their own pick, didn't get it, and are now concern-trolling in an blatantly transparent way to block the appointment.

This isn't about Blair. It's about any pick that's not an uber-right winger and that will become obvious if Blair's candidacy is somehow derailed and another selection is made.

I didn't even lobby for a particular pick. I also even personally told Wells that I wouldn't have been bothered if he picked someone else that wasn't a right winger, as long as it was a sensible pick (and I've got the logs to prove it).

So nice try, Adam. But once again, your attempts at painting bogus narratives about me fail miserably.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #98 on: October 09, 2017, 07:31:22 PM »

I didn't even lobby for a particular pick. I also even personally told Wells that I wouldn't have been bothered if he didn't pick someone else that wasn't a right winger (and I've got the logs to prove it).

So nice try, Adam. But once again, your attempts at painting bogus narratives about me fail miserably.

Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #99 on: October 09, 2017, 07:33:26 PM »

I didn't advocate for anybody lol, but the people I thought would be picked certainly weren't uber right wingers Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies