Breitbart/Gravis National: Clinton +4 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:38:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  Breitbart/Gravis National: Clinton +4 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Breitbart/Gravis National: Clinton +4  (Read 1779 times)
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« on: September 23, 2016, 02:13:56 PM »

I was robopolled by Gravis on the night of Sept. 19, so I wonder if it was for this poll even though the release says it was conducted on Sept. 20.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 03:42:18 PM »

Not really.  If you (the hiring entity) hope for a result to be favorable for Republicans, why not hire a pollster with an R bias?  This is not to accuse Gravis of fudging their numbers -- I do not at all believe they are -- but results have shown that their results tend to bias R.  This is most likely due to their models and methodology.  Other pollsters have D biases, and someone hoping for a D-friendly result would be more likely to hire them; for example, Democracy Corps (I just posted something similar to this in the thread about their recent poll.)  Still other pollsters have little to no bias.

There's certainly a market for pollsters that are favorable to each side.  Pollsters like Gravis and Democracy Corps are just filling this niche in the free market. Wink
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies