FL-Mason Dixon: Rubio +7
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:10:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 Senatorial Election Polls
  FL-Mason Dixon: Rubio +7
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FL-Mason Dixon: Rubio +7  (Read 1392 times)
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 03, 2016, 01:10:35 PM »
« edited: October 03, 2016, 01:15:12 PM by TN Volunteer »

47% Marco Rubio (R, inc.)
40% Patrick Murphy (D)
5% Paul Stanton (L)

http://mason-dixon.com/News/FL-9-16-Poll-Part2.pdf

Same poll has Clinton up 4 in Florida. Hispanics favor Rubio over Murphy 53%-38%, while Clinton wins them 64%-29% over Trump. Looks like this one's over, folks. Smiley
Fargobison

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2016, 01:19:34 PM »

Stick a fork in Patrick "Silver Spoon" Murphy, he's done.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2016, 01:29:55 PM »

It is really amazing how much of a swing vote FL Hispanics are.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2016, 06:52:40 PM »

Florida remains one of the worst States.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2016, 07:12:33 PM »

The idea that such a large number of people would reject Trump, while supporting an empty suit who would be a rubber stamp for Trump, is sad.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2016, 07:18:41 PM »

While I doubt that either Clinton or Murphy are particularly exciting to them, the key to the gap is who the Republican candidates are: It seems that Rubio is basically the best possible candidate for them, Trump the worst possible.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2016, 07:19:37 PM »

Rubio is definitely favored (I have this as Lean R), but we definitely can't "stick a fork in" anyone quite yet. Hagan was up by 7 in some polls in late September 2014.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2016, 07:20:59 PM »

While I doubt that either Clinton or Murphy are particularly exciting to them, the key to the gap is who the Republican candidates are: It seems that Rubio is basically the best possible candidate for them, Trump the worst possible.

I don't think Rubio is the best possible candidate for them, but I suppose in terms of his personality and some aspects of his foreign policy, he's a good fit for the state.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2016, 07:51:50 PM »

I don't think Rubio is the best possible candidate for them, but I suppose in terms of his personality and some aspects of his foreign policy, he's a good fit for the state.
Ileana Ros-Lehtinen or Mario Diaz-Balart would be better possible candidates (for Florida Hispanics as a whole), but Rubio is a really good fit for Florida's Hispanic community, WAY better than Trump, obviously.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2016, 08:59:10 PM »

Rubio is definitely favored (I have this as Lean R), but we definitely can't "stick a fork in" anyone quite yet. Hagan was up by 7 in some polls in late September 2014.

I mean, this is true, but it's October at this point. Hagan never led any October poll by more than 4, and that was a junky Elon; besides that, every poll had her at 3 or less. Republican-associated polling generally also had Tillis up through most of the campaign (Vox Populi had him up 5 in mid-October, for instance), as did the occasional rogue legitimate poll, while Murphy hasn't led in any poll, internal or otherwise, since August. Losing in your own internals is never a good sign.

If you wanna look for Democratic equivalents to Thom Tillis this year, you can look at Deborah Ross, Jason Kander, or Caroline Fayard. Murphy is done unless one of the Rubio scandals Maxwell's been hyping for the past year turns out to exist (extremely doubtful).
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2016, 09:57:22 PM »

I mean, this is true, but it's October at this point. Hagan never led any October poll by more than 4, and that was a junky Elon; besides that, every poll had her at 3 or less. Republican-associated polling generally also had Tillis up through most of the campaign (Vox Populi had him up 5 in mid-October, for instance), as did the occasional rogue legitimate poll, while Murphy hasn't led in any poll, internal or otherwise, since August. Losing in your own internals is never a good sign.

If you wanna look for Democratic equivalents to Thom Tillis this year, you can look at Deborah Ross, Jason Kander, or Caroline Fayard. Murphy is done unless one of the Rubio scandals Maxwell's been hyping for the past year turns out to exist (extremely doubtful).

The poll we're discussing here is from late September.

Anyway, you're mostly right, but my point is that it's close enough that it would be wrong to discount Murphy entirely, especially with the presidential race being as volatile as it is.

I would say the same thing about the IL race.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2016, 07:57:27 AM »

Encouraging, but Murphy still got this. Trump will implode and drag down Rubio with him; Rubio will overperform him, but not by enough.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2016, 10:53:37 AM »

It looks like ticket splitting will be more common this year then in 2012..

Hey, perception matters. Floridians perceive Rubio to be very different from Trump. Whether that is actually true or not, does not matter.

I know that to a lot of people, splitting tickets makes little sense. However, we just have two major viable parties, so it will happen from time to time. And lets be honest, if your party's candidate in a local, house, senate, or state race can win in an area that generally voters against your party, you are happy/

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies