FL-Mason Dixon: Rubio +7 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 01:19:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 Senatorial Election Polls
  FL-Mason Dixon: Rubio +7 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FL-Mason Dixon: Rubio +7  (Read 1397 times)
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« on: October 03, 2016, 07:19:37 PM »

Stick a fork in Patrick "Silver Spoon" Murphy, he's done.

Rubio is definitely favored (I have this as Lean R), but we definitely can't "stick a fork in" anyone quite yet. Hagan was up by 7 in some polls in late September 2014.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2016, 07:20:59 PM »

It is really amazing how much of a swing vote FL Hispanics are.
While I doubt that either Clinton or Murphy are particularly exciting to them, the key to the gap is who the Republican candidates are: It seems that Rubio is basically the best possible candidate for them, Trump the worst possible.

I don't think Rubio is the best possible candidate for them, but I suppose in terms of his personality and some aspects of his foreign policy, he's a good fit for the state.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2016, 09:57:22 PM »

Stick a fork in Patrick "Silver Spoon" Murphy, he's done.

Rubio is definitely favored (I have this as Lean R), but we definitely can't "stick a fork in" anyone quite yet. Hagan was up by 7 in some polls in late September 2014.

I mean, this is true, but it's October at this point. Hagan never led any October poll by more than 4, and that was a junky Elon; besides that, every poll had her at 3 or less. Republican-associated polling generally also had Tillis up through most of the campaign (Vox Populi had him up 5 in mid-October, for instance), as did the occasional rogue legitimate poll, while Murphy hasn't led in any poll, internal or otherwise, since August. Losing in your own internals is never a good sign.

If you wanna look for Democratic equivalents to Thom Tillis this year, you can look at Deborah Ross, Jason Kander, or Caroline Fayard. Murphy is done unless one of the Rubio scandals Maxwell's been hyping for the past year turns out to exist (extremely doubtful).

The poll we're discussing here is from late September.

Anyway, you're mostly right, but my point is that it's close enough that it would be wrong to discount Murphy entirely, especially with the presidential race being as volatile as it is.

I would say the same thing about the IL race.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies