Longwood University Vice Presidential debate @ 9pm ET **live commentary thread** (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:41:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Longwood University Vice Presidential debate @ 9pm ET **live commentary thread** (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Longwood University Vice Presidential debate @ 9pm ET **live commentary thread**  (Read 9350 times)
yourelection

« on: October 04, 2016, 08:07:23 PM »

It is obviously a new trend.
yourelection

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2016, 08:15:27 PM »

This constant interrupting getting to be a little much. I'm not sure this will work for him.
yourelection

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2016, 08:29:38 PM »

This is hard to listen to. Kaine is a little too aggressive. I imagine a lot of viewers will be tuning out.
yourelection

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2016, 08:57:34 PM »

I think Pence will win on points. Kaine has been able to land some punches but his constant interrupting has hurt him from the start. Pence appears more collected and able to counter attacks.
yourelection

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2016, 09:00:58 PM »

Kaine has brought up the key points in this campaign--taxes, immigration, Donald's insults and discrimination toward women, Hispanics, and Muslims--and nothing Pence has said will quell voters' opinions on those. Pence has maintained his composure, which is a plus, but nothing he has said will undo Hillary's massive gains since the first debate.

Maintaining composure should not be underestimated.
yourelection

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2016, 09:06:30 PM »

I wonder how many viewers actually will have stuck through this to the end.
yourelection

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2016, 09:18:03 PM »

Just realized that I have inadvertently stopped listening. Did I miss anything?
yourelection

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2016, 09:24:35 PM »

I imagine if Kaine had retained composure he might have won this debate. He has had a lot of strong points. The constant interrupting and the way he has interrupted have been distracting and put him in the image of being nervous and not in command of the debate.

Pence has not really made any strong points at all, but by retaining composure, he has made the appearence that he is on top of the debate. This was especially so at the beginning.

It will be interesting to see how this will be spun by the media and the impressesion that prevails on twitter and other social media.
yourelection

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2016, 09:25:48 PM »

Lol nobody cares about North Korea. Kim Jong Un is watching this and fuming!

chuckle :-)
yourelection

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2016, 09:36:28 PM »

Not sure if I am looking forward to the media's expert's analysis of this debate.
yourelection

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2016, 10:45:14 PM »

Pence is coming away from the debate as the winner. He has been described as pollished and Kaine was overly aggressive. It will be interesting to see what affect this will have on the race.

I good showing by Pence may not help Trump, but it could slow the slide Trump has been in.

More thought on the debate here: http://www.yourelection.net/2016/10/2016-vice-presidential-u-s-election-debate/
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies