WV - Trump up 32% (60%-28%) in Garin-Hart-Yang Research Group Poll (500 LV)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 12:36:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  WV - Trump up 32% (60%-28%) in Garin-Hart-Yang Research Group Poll (500 LV)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: WV - Trump up 32% (60%-28%) in Garin-Hart-Yang Research Group Poll (500 LV)  (Read 3867 times)
Sorenroy
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -5.91

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 06, 2016, 05:08:58 PM »

Trump — 60%
Clinton — 28%

500 Likely Voters, MOE of 5%. Conducted September 13th to September 17th (so it's a little old).

Not much but the head to head. It seems to be mostly a poll for the more local (statewide) races.

Source
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2016, 05:14:34 PM »

#Trump_Under_70
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2016, 05:16:08 PM »

Not surprising.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2016, 05:18:18 PM »

So looks like a Dem internal that shows Dems leading for Gov, and slightly ahead for AG?

I can see Clinton getting slaughtered electorally in WV, considering not only the national party positions on Coal and global warming, but more importantly personally disrespecting many West Virgianians in a few major gaffes. The number still seems a bit extreme and I don't believe that Trump will win WV by over 2:1, although he'll likely win by 25 points.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2016, 05:28:10 PM »

Can't wait until this trash state is down to three electoral votes.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2016, 05:36:01 PM »

So Trump only up by 5 points compared with Romney in the whites non-educated states? Definitely won't be enough to just overcome the deficit with college whites.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2016, 06:34:31 PM »

Stay kind, Lief.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2016, 06:35:26 PM »

They'll almost certainly be down to four in the 2024 election.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2016, 07:01:48 PM »

Not surprising.  Trump, for whatever reason (symbolic I guess, because STRATEGIC would be lunacy, not that I'm putting lunacy past this rich idiot), has given WV extra special attention for the entire campaign.  They were essentially given their own speaking spot at the RNC, their delegation was front and center (usually reserved for home states/convention-hosting states and such), and his rally there was absolutely raucous. 

I mean, he doesn't believe in union rights or workers' rights and his promise to put the miners back to work is empty considering its an inefficient and dying energy source compared to modern technology and even if it was still the best way to provide us with our energy needs the mine owners have figured out basically how to automate what coal IS still mined so... yea, they aren't going back to work.  At least not mining coal.

But whatever.  Many parts of that state have become Hell on earth and he's pushing literally every right button for them so its not unexpected. 

I'll go ahead and declare that this will be his best state.  I said Romney would sweep every county in 2012 and people said no way and he wound up doing it easily.  I mean, where else is Trump polling at 50% much less 60%.

I guess its that true left wing, working class streak in me, but I'm not going to engage in IceSpear-esque bashing of the state.  Its clear poverty causes many a thing; crime, aggression, resentment are the obvious ones that any liberal or leftist understands (or SHOULD).  But I'm starting to believe it has another awful symptom; insanity.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2016, 09:08:31 PM »

The Senate race here in 2018 is going to be fun, lol.

Btw: I still think Wyoming will be Trump's best state.

Not OK?
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2016, 09:16:57 PM »

The Senate race here in 2018 is going to be fun, lol.

Btw: I still think Wyoming will be Trump's best state.

This very same poll shows non-Clinton Democrats doing quite well, hardly spells doom for Manchin.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2016, 10:08:50 PM »

While the numbers are unreliable, Justice's margin is trending upward. Cole is going to have to get a pretty strong margin among those who make up their minds between tomorrow and the election in order to win. Of course, it's WV, it can happen. But it's not a certainty like IceSpear thinks it is.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2016, 11:00:12 PM »

Clinton has done an amazing job in terms of ceding New Deal Democratic voters to the insanity of Trumpism...

West Virginia would be much more excited with a Biden or Bernie than a Clinton....

Democratic centrism a la DLC is a cold corpse, that might happily feed many of the Democratic hacks on this forum, but the price of power will be a decrepit corpse based upon a handful of suburban voters, where the party gradually shrinks back to urban and suburban coffins while the House and Senate are lost forever.

Ok--- little bit of goth doom and gloom, but most of y'all on this forum has never lived or experienced actual life in small town America, and apparently it is amusing to once again pick on the "Rednecks" and "Hicks", while at the same time not realizing why Democratic support has collapsed in many formerly Democratic parts of rural and small town America over the past 24 years.

Big tent or small tent... your choice.

Tired of the Redneck stereotypes, so any of y'all want to keep promoting that, good luck.

The Senate and House and most Governorships will be Republican forever....
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2016, 11:24:13 PM »

If I was DNC chair, I would make getting back WV a top priority. Make it very clear that anti-coal democrats are in the wrong, in fact, kick them out of the party if they won't change their views. Make being pro-coal one of the first things the democratic platform lists, and stress its importance. Apologize over and over again in TV ads for your pure stupidity, recklessness, and destruction of jobs in being anti-coal. Say that you are thankful for the punishment the state gave the democratic party, and have learned from it.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2016, 11:36:07 PM »

If I was DNC chair, I would make getting back WV a top priority. Make it very clear that anti-coal democrats are in the wrong, in fact, kick them out of the party if they won't change their views. Make being pro-coal one of the first things the democratic platform lists, and stress its importance. Apologize over and over again in TV ads for your pure stupidity, recklessness, and destruction of jobs in being anti-coal. Say that you are thankful for the punishment the state gave the democratic party, and have learned from it.

lolno
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2016, 11:37:07 PM »

lolno
lolyes
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2016, 11:39:18 PM »

lolno
lolyes

His post was absurd. Democrats should apologize for caring about the future of the planet? I don't think so. If they lose WV for the next 30 years, it's worth it.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2016, 11:39:50 PM »

Well luckily you're not the DNC chair.

The fewer votes the Democratic Party gets from that garbage state, the better.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2016, 12:12:08 AM »

lolno
lolyes

His post was absurd. Democrats should apologize for caring about the future of the planet? I don't think so. If they lose WV for the next 30 years, it's worth it.

Seriously.

One of the best things about the Obama era is we finally stopped pandering to these people.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2016, 12:32:47 AM »

lolno
lolyes

Seriously.

One of the best things about the Obama era is we finally stopped pandering to these people.

It's thousands upon thousands of jobs, and these people depend on it. Enough said.

And a unified pro-coal message from the national democratic party could help get KY and IN into battleground territory, get NC into Lean/Likely D territory, keep OH/PA from continuing in any republican trend they may or may not have, and maybe make up some ground in parts of Tennessee and Oklahoma. So Democrats would really benefit from being pro-coal. Dem voters who are against coal would just hold their nose and vote for the party anyways. I mean, who else are they going to vote for? The Greens? ROFL
Sorenroy
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -5.91

P P
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2016, 06:22:27 AM »

It's thousands upon thousands of jobs, and these people depend on it. Enough said.

And a unified pro-coal message from the national democratic party could help get KY and IN into battleground territory, get NC into Lean/Likely D territory, keep OH/PA from continuing in any republican trend they may or may not have, and maybe make up some ground in parts of Tennessee and Oklahoma. So Democrats would really benefit from being pro-coal. Dem voters who are against coal would just hold their nose and vote for the party anyways. I mean, who else are they going to vote for? The Greens? ROFL

"Let's sacrifice the environment to secure our political future 'cause what else are those pro-renewable voters going to do? Vote for the Greens? ROFL"
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2016, 06:36:04 AM »

A smarter idea would be to keep telling them that coal's dead and help massively subsidize vocational/trade schools for those that want it to get them set up in other jobs and actually be able to do something else.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2016, 06:50:08 AM »

lolno
lolyes

Seriously.

WTF would the Democrats endorse something that has NO future for purely political gain?  Why would they advocate for something that is dying? Why would they reverse position? You really think that Democrats would just suck it up and vote for the party embracing a backwards environmental/economic policy? I mean, why not endorse "religious freedom" ie permitting discrimination against gays and lesbians? I mean, if they decided to agree to focus on overturning Roe or restrict access to women's healthcare, that'll get some evangelicals.... right?

Coal is dying and instead of being honest about that, people living in those states do deserve better than being placated.

heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2016, 09:16:49 AM »

Even if I accepted your premise that politics is more important than the future of the planet (which I don't), this is a terrible idea for many reasons:

1. Only 31% of Americans and only 21% of Democrats think there should be "more emphasis" on coal.
2. Those coal jobs are NEVER COMING BACK. The price of coal energy will simply never be able to compete with the price of natural gas thanks to fracking. It's not because of the evil EPA and their regulations.
3. Democrats in Appalachia are much, much more socially conservative than the rest of the country. They won't be coming back to the Dems just because of coal.

I have to assume you are pretty ignorant on this subject, because you seem to believe that if the Democrats suddenly became pro-coal all those jobs would magically come back and everyone in coal country would be happy again. I hate to break it to you, but that's not how it works.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2016, 09:24:30 AM »
« Edited: October 07, 2016, 09:26:29 AM by 🍁 Hatman »

I see Wulfric is still being insufferable. Sad to see he's supporting Hillary!

The future of this planet is infinitely more important than giving a few hillbillies temporary jobs.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies