WV - Trump up 32% (60%-28%) in Garin-Hart-Yang Research Group Poll (500 LV) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:20:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  WV - Trump up 32% (60%-28%) in Garin-Hart-Yang Research Group Poll (500 LV) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WV - Trump up 32% (60%-28%) in Garin-Hart-Yang Research Group Poll (500 LV)  (Read 3854 times)
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« on: October 07, 2016, 06:50:08 AM »

If I was DNC chair, I would make getting back WV a top priority. Make it very clear that anti-coal democrats are in the wrong, in fact, kick them out of the party if they won't change their views. Make being pro-coal one of the first things the democratic platform lists, and stress its importance. Apologize over and over again in TV ads for your pure stupidity, recklessness, and destruction of jobs in being anti-coal. Say that you are thankful for the punishment the state gave the democratic party, and have learned from it.

lolno
lolyes

His post was absurd. Democrats should apologize for caring about the future of the planet? I don't think so. If they lose WV for the next 30 years, it's worth it.

Seriously.

One of the best things about the Obama era is we finally stopped pandering to these people.

It's thousands upon thousands of jobs, and these people depend on it. Enough said.

And a unified pro-coal message from the national democratic party could help get KY and IN into battleground territory, get NC into Lean/Likely D territory, keep OH/PA from continuing in any republican trend they may or may not have, and maybe make up some ground in parts of Tennessee and Oklahoma. So Democrats would really benefit from being pro-coal. Dem voters who are against coal would just hold their nose and vote for the party anyways. I mean, who else are they going to vote for? The Greens? ROFL

WTF would the Democrats endorse something that has NO future for purely political gain?  Why would they advocate for something that is dying? Why would they reverse position? You really think that Democrats would just suck it up and vote for the party embracing a backwards environmental/economic policy? I mean, why not endorse "religious freedom" ie permitting discrimination against gays and lesbians? I mean, if they decided to agree to focus on overturning Roe or restrict access to women's healthcare, that'll get some evangelicals.... right?

Coal is dying and instead of being honest about that, people living in those states do deserve better than being placated.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies