IN-WTHR/HPI: Bayh +1
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:33:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 Senatorial Election Polls
  IN-WTHR/HPI: Bayh +1
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: IN-WTHR/HPI: Bayh +1  (Read 2311 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2016, 12:23:49 AM »

Right about on schedule. Tongue

Remember when people said the NRSC should pull out of IN? Wink

People are right, Bayh will make this a close race and the diversion of resources from other states was a benefit to the Democrats, but people were fooling themselves to think this was a secure seat for them like ILL and WI.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2016, 10:38:35 AM »

People are right, Bayh will make this a close race and the diversion of resources from other states was a benefit to the Democrats, but people were fooling themselves to think this was a secure seat for them like ILL and WI.
Not too long ago I read an article where one of Bayh's campaign managers said he hoped the early internals that had Bayh up well in double digits would scare Republicans out of this race. But it didn't. Smiley
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2016, 10:47:53 AM »

I think you are right. I do imagine Bayh will win, but it will be really, really close. Ross or Kander could win by bigger margins honestly. Young seems like a good candidate too - GOP lucky he got on the primary ballot after that sig debacle, I don't think Stutzman would have kept it close
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2016, 10:51:59 AM »

I think you are right. I do imagine Bayh will win, but it will be really, really close. Ross or Kander could win by bigger margins honestly. Young seems like a good candidate too - GOP lucky he got on the primary ballot after that sig debacle, I don't think Stutzman would have kept it close
Absolutely. Stutzman would be unelectable.

Also, in before JCL.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2016, 10:54:38 AM »

Also, in before JCL.

That said, I wonder if Baron Hill would have dropped out if facing Stutzman
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2016, 02:11:26 PM »

Also, in before JCL.

That said, I wonder if Baron Hill would have dropped out if facing Stutzman
Baron Hill was viewed as one of the best non-Bayh recruits. I watched the primary debate between Young and Stutzman. Young did great, and Stutzman, the Tea Party favorite did not perform as well, IMO. The few general election polls showed Young comfortably ahead of Hill, and Stutzman led, but within the margin of error. Hill could have definitely beat Stutzman, who could've easily imploded like Mourdock. I think Democrats would have just helped Hill and attacked Stutzman if he won the primary, rather than force Bayh in.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies