Morning Consult/POLITICO: Clinton+4 in poll done yesterday
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:41:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  Morning Consult/POLITICO: Clinton+4 in poll done yesterday
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Morning Consult/POLITICO: Clinton+4 in poll done yesterday  (Read 2919 times)
Fusionmunster

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2016, 07:08:20 AM »

Can people CHILL. THE. F***. OUT.

You'd think people have never read polling before.

Most posters here cant see past the topline.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2016, 07:10:58 AM »

this "men talk like that"-thing is first-claas-BS and makes me wonder about those sharing it.

commenting on curves.....sure. rating women...alright. sharing whom you want to lay...yeah. but "i can assault them withour consent because i am high and mighty"....what the hell? whole different game...not even talking marriage status
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2016, 07:13:53 AM »

this "men talk like that"-thing is first-claas-BS and makes me wonder about those sharing it.

commenting on curves.....sure. rating women...alright. sharing whom you want to lay(or even whom you had)...yeah. but "i can assault them withour consent because i am high and mighty"....what the hell? whole different game...not even talking marriage status
StatesPoll
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2016, 07:14:42 AM »

Teflon-Donald!

politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2016, 07:15:30 AM »

Trump supporters do indeed deserve to rot in hell (at least those of his supporters who aren't just morons, but actually know better), but not really because of this video. Trump has said and done far far worse. He is a threat to the survival of human civilization and this video has nothing to do with this.

I know he has, but this was supposed to be the silver bullet. I know it's one poll, but it's still incomprehensible how any sample could end up like that now. If this has truly not moved the needle, this country needs to realize that the Founders' vision has failed and that this country should dissolve itself. I cannot accept a country that even considers someone Trump at this point.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2016, 07:16:23 AM »

^How is so-called person still here and not banned yet?
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2016, 07:18:56 AM »

Trump supporters do indeed deserve to rot in hell (at least those of his supporters who aren't just morons, but actually know better), but not really because of this video. Trump has said and done far far worse. He is a threat to the survival of human civilization and this video has nothing to do with this.

I know he has, but this was supposed to be the silver bullet. I know it's one poll, but it's still incomprehensible how any sample could end up like that now. If this has truly not moved the needle, this country needs to realize that the Founders' vision has failed and that this country should dissolve itself. I cannot accept a country that even considers someone Trump at this point.
If he wins, I am totally expecting to outlive this country.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2016, 07:19:36 AM »

In a week when Hillary is up by +8, he'll be nowhere to be seen.
ursulahx
United Kingdom

« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2016, 07:25:00 AM »

People, it's only one poll.
JRoby
Rookie

« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2016, 07:28:49 AM »

This looks like a Labour/Corbyn kind of situation. The GOP elite thought this was their moment to strike and dump Trump, but it looks like they don't have the GOP base's support.
dspNY
United States

« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2016, 07:32:29 AM »

This looks like a Labour/Corbyn kind of situation. The GOP elite thought this was their moment to strike and dump Trump, but it looks like they don't have the GOP base's support.

The difference is that the British general election isn't until 2020 unless May calls a snap election (now highly unlikely). Lots can happen between now and 2020 to Corbyn and Labour. This is occurring one month before a general election
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2016, 07:35:14 AM »

The difference is that the British general election isn't until 2020 unless May calls a snap election (now highly unlikely). Lots can happen between now and 2020 to Corbyn and Labour. This is occurring one month before a general election

What is similar is the disconnect between party loyalists and the broader electorate.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2016, 07:35:54 AM »

What is also reassuring is that Trump didn't get the 1-2 deplorable/faintthroat bounce he was down 2 before and 2 after
PresidentSamTilden

« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2016, 07:39:01 AM »

Cruzcrew
Paleocon
United States

« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2016, 08:01:50 AM »

It probably takes more than 24 hours for the full impact of the Trump comments to be implemented guys. Also, this probably will decrease turnout among his reluctant "vote Trump to keep out Hillary" voters.
mark_twain
United States

« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2016, 08:09:29 AM »

This pollster has been erratic in recent months, and 538 does not give it a rating.

I will wait until seeing other national polls before saying anything.

Who cares if the debate is only 2 days after the story...the end result is what matters.

HillOfANight
« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2016, 08:25:18 AM »

So pussygate has ZERO impact according to this poll (given that C+4 is totally in line with recent polling).

Honestly, I'm not terribly surprised by this. My initial reaction was that this wouldn't do much damage to Trump, but I started changing my mind after the general freakout associated with it.

Give it time.

https://twitter.com/PatrickRuffini/status/785077967693176832

OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2016, 08:39:22 AM »

I wish you all could calm down. The news has to settle in before panicking.

Plus, remember that Morning Consult isn't even all that good of a pollster tbh.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2016, 08:40:21 AM »

I also don't believe Trump got any sort of bump out of the VP debate that very few people watched.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2016, 09:23:04 AM »

Virtually no gender gap in this poll:

men:
Clinton 43%
Trump 40%
Johnson 9%
Stein 2%

women:
Clinton 41%
Trump 37%
Johnson 7%
Stein 3%

By party…

Dems
Clinton 87%
Trump 5%
Johnson 3%
Stein 2%

GOP
Trump 74%
Clinton 7%
Johnson 6%
Stein 1%

Indies
Trump 35%
Clinton 30%
Johnson 16%
Stein 5%

As we’ve seen in some other polls, Johnson draws a little more of his support from Trump, whereas Stein’s support comes more from Clinton…

People who support Clinton in the 2-way matchup:
Clinton 91%
Johnson 4%
Stein 3%
Trump 1% (!) [Yes, 1% of people who pick Clinton in the 2-way matchup pick Trump instead when Johnson and Stein are added as options.]

People who support Trump in the 2-way matchup:
Trump 90%
Johnson 5%
Stein 1%
Clinton 0%

whites: Trump +7
blacks: Clinton +75
Hispanics: Clinton +31
urban: Clinton +36
suburban: Clinton +6
rural: Trump +25
Midwest: Trump +2
Northeast: Clinton +20
South: Trump +1
West: Clinton +7
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2016, 09:32:53 AM »

I think it might not hurt Trump that much, because people were already expecting these things from him.

They are voting for him for other reasons (and some also because of his sexist views).
At least one person on Atlas gets it.

Trump supporters are Trump supporters because they do not like the status quo. The GOP elite attacking him and abandoning him like the rats they are just reinforces the narrative.

Plus, in the grand scheme of things, this scandal is really nothing. Trump was caught on tape saying stuff to other men that most other men (and women) talk smack about to each other all the time. The Atlas concern about this is laughable.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2016, 09:34:14 AM »

Johnson’s name recognition seems to be climbing, as we’re now up to 57% of voters with an opinion of him.  Meanwhile, 70% have an opinion of Kaine and 80% have an opinion of Pence.

Also, fav/unfav %:
Pence 45/35% for +10%
Kaine 32/38% for -6%
Johnson 22/35% for -13%
Clinton 41/57% for -16%
Trump 39/58% for -19%

And not relevant for this election, but looking ahead to 2020…

Paul Ryan 39/37% for +2%
HillOfANight
« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2016, 09:40:47 AM »

I think it might not hurt Trump that much, because people were already expecting these things from him.

They are voting for him for other reasons (and some also because of his sexist views).
Trump was caught on tape saying stuff to other men that most other men (and women) talk smack about to each other all the time. The Atlas concern about this is laughable.

It's one thing to say "I'd tap that", and a whole nother level to say "I'd molest that without asking".
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #48 on: October 09, 2016, 09:44:00 AM »

Called it. Trump voters are deplorable and a little pussy grabbing isn't going to change that.
PresidentSamTilden

« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2016, 09:48:44 AM »

At least one person on Atlas gets it.

Trump supporters are Trump supporters because they do not like the status quo. The GOP elite attacking him and abandoning him like the rats they are just reinforces the narrative.

Plus, in the grand scheme of things, this scandal is really nothing. Trump was caught on tape saying stuff to other men that most other men (and women) talk smack about to each other all the time. The Atlas concern about this is laughable.

Remember when you said there wasn't gonna be a debate bounce?

I don't really like the status quo in this country either, like a lot of young people, but that doesn't mean I'm voting for trump. His idea of changes are not what I want to see, and America seems to be agreeing. You can call me a hack all you want, but your candidate is currently losing pretty badly.

Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies