Forward or Backwards
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:09:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Forward or Backwards
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Forward or Backwards  (Read 1936 times)
NHI
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 09, 2016, 05:23:34 PM »
« edited: October 12, 2016, 07:50:39 PM by NHI »

... "Hillary Clinton, former First Lady of the United States, United States Senator, Secretary of State will be the 45th President of the United States. She wins the 2016 Presidential Election, defeating businessman and Republican nominee Donald Trump."

✓ Hillary Rodham Clinton: 375 (50.2%)
Donald J. Trump: 163 (44.5%)
Other: 0 (5.3%)

Donald Trump Addresses Supporters, After Losing Election to Clinton
... "we ran against the media. We ran against the establishment. We lost, but in more ways than one we actually one, because the campaign, this campaign, our movement has shown just how rotten and awful they are and it will not be forgotten, believe me, it will not be forgotten."

Pledging 'Unity' Hillary Clinton elected 1st Woman President of US

President Hillary Clinton

President Clinton pledged to work with 'Democrats and Republicans' in her term as President and set to seek bipartisan cooperation with the divided government, however, she also had to contend with a progressive Democratic base eager to move the party and the country further to the left than under President Obama's eight years in office.

Progressive Hold Clinton's Feet to the Fire
Senators Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren emerged as the strongest critics of the Clinton Administration over her perceived right-of-center policies. "The President needs to work towards bettering the middle class and working families, rather than worrying about Republican cooperation and Wall Street."

Presidential Cabinet: Hillary Clinton
Secretary of State: James Stavridis
Secretary of Treasury: Hilda Solis
Secretary of Defense: Michele Flournoy
Attorney General: Tom Perez
Secretary of Energy: John Podesta
Secretary of Education: Mitch Daniels
Secretary of Commerce: Rebecca Blank
Secretary of Health and Human Services: Nancy Andrews
Secretary of Transportation: Anthony Foxx
Secretary of Housing and Urban Development: Julian Castro
Secretary of Labor: Howard Radzely
Secretary of the Interior: John Hickenlooper
Secretary of Veteran Affairs: Sloan D. Gibson
Secretary of Homeland Security: Jeh Johnson

Chief of Staff: Cheryl Mills
Press Secretary: Brian Fallon
National Security Adviser: Jake Sullivan

NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2016, 05:42:14 PM »

Really excited for this.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 05:26:56 PM »

Post-Trump
Donald Trump, still stinging after his crushing defeat to Hillary Clinton in November's election is finding plenty of blame to throw around as to why he lost the Presidential election. "I lost because of the Republican Party pure and simple. They said to me and they said to my supporters. We don't want you, we don't need you, we are going to abandon you and they did." CNN's Anderson Cooper who landed the first-post election interview asked Trump on his future plans. "Would you ever run for President again," Cooper asked.

"As much as I would like to, I don't think I can win in this crooked environment, I just can't make it out of the starting gate, but I think my movement, this movement I started, I created will live on." Trump, who has flirted with the formation of his own political party would create a bitter divide in the Republican Party, still reeling after the election loss to Clinton and the Democrat at the Presidential and Senatorial level.

House Speaker Paul Ryan, the defacto Republican leader is looking to rebuild the Grand old Party and move it away from the era of Trump.

Ryan Lashes out on Trumpism
House Speaker Paul Ryan blasted the former Republican nominee as the "sole reason" for his party's loss to Hillary Clinton. "We let the Republican Party and the Conservative Movement be hijacked," Ryan said in a press conference. "We let our message and our policies and our vision be taken by a man who is at his core a narrcasist, a bigot and a political no-nothing."

When asked about Trump's plan to possibly form his own political Party, Ryan responded accordingly, "go right ahead. We don't want that type candidate or personality associated with Republican philosophy or conservative policy."

Assuming his role as head of the GOP, Ryan looks to rebrand the party and the conservative message, possibly ahead of the 2020 Presidential Election. Speaking of President Clinton, Ryan pledged to work with the President, but also stressed, "we will not compromise our principles entirely. We will work to find common ground, but hold true to our message and tailor it to resonate with the American people and show them that big government is never the answer."

Unfortunately for Ryan, a poll of Republican voters, when asked who they would like to see lead the GOP in 2020, put him in 5th place, with only 9 percent support. The leader was Mike Pence with 18 percent support, followed by Donald Trump with 13 percent. Both Ted Cruz and John Kasich finished third and fourth with 12 percent and 10 percent support respectively.

CNN/ORC POLL: Hypothetical Election 2020
Dem: Hillary Clinton: 46%
Rep: Paul Ryan: 30%
Ind: Donald Trump: 16%
Undecided/Other: 8%

Democrats Move to End SuperDelegates
Ahead of the 2020 Presidential Election, the Democratic National Committee made good on a pledge from 2016 to eliminate the role of Super Delegates in the nominating process and make all contests in the race for the Democratic nomination open primaries. This is seen as a victory for Bernie Sanders and his supporters, who campaigned against the idea and role of superdelegates during his bid against Hillary Clinton in 2016. When asked about the decision Sanders praised the decision saying in part, "this is good for democracy and good for the Democratic Party."

Clinton Set to Nominate Obama to Fill Supreme Court Vacancy
Following the announced retirement of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg, President Hillary Clinton, who finds herself struggling to deal with a contentious progressive base saw an opening with the Supreme Court and announced her pick to nominated former President of the United States, Barack Obama to succeed Ginsberg. The decision came as a shock by many legal scholars as well as in the Democratic Party, but in her statement, Clinton called Obama "a constitutional scholar who will bring expertise and a fresh perspective to the Court." Obama accepted the nomination humbly and thanked the President for the nomination.

Obama still faces a confirmation vote in the Democratic controlled Senate (51-49). If confirmed, then Obama would be the first former President to sit on the Court since Robert Taft.

Clinton Sees Approval Rating Climb As 2017 Ends
President Clinton is ending her first year in office with a 52% approval rating, up from September which found her with only 46% support and 37% unfavorability.. Much is attributed to the uptick in job growth, as well as the so-called 'pivots' to the base, including nominating President Obama to the Supreme Court and working with Senator Elizabeth Warren to "untangle the web of big money in American politics."

President Clinton, in her year-end address applaud Congressional cooperation and the good jobs report and looked forward to 2018, where she hopes to see the passage of her middle class tax cut package called The American Family First Tax Relief Act.

CNN/ORC POLL: Hypothetical 2020 Election Polls (Dec. '17)

Who do you support for the Democratic Nomination in 2020?
Hillary Clinton: 79%
Elizabeth Warren: 12%
Other: 9%

Who do you support for the Republican Nomination in 2020?
Mike Pence: 12%
Ted Cruz: 11%
Marco Rubio: 10%
John Kasich: 9%
Paul Ryan: 8%
Ben Sasse: 3%
Other/Undecided: 47%

President Hillary Clinton vs. Former Governor Mike Pence: C+9
Hillary Clinton: 50%
Mike Pence: 41%
Undecided: 9%

President Hillary Clinton vs. Senator Ted Cruz: C+12
Hillary Clinton: 51%
Ted Cruz: 39%
Undecided: 10%

President Hillary Clinton vs. Senator Marco Rubio: C+9
Marco Rubio: 42%
Undecided: 7%

President Hillary Clinton vs. Former Governor John Kasich: C+9
Hillary Clinton: 50%
John Kasich: 41%
Undecided: 9%

President Hillary Clinton vs. Speaker Paul Ryan: C+10
Hillary Clinton: 52%
Paul Ryan: 42%
Undecided: 6%

President Hillary Clinton vs. Senator Ben Sasse: C+18
Hillary Clinton: 52%
Ben Sasse: 34%
Undecided: 14%

President Clinton vs. Generic Republican: C+8
Generic Republican: 43%
BigVic
Australia

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2016, 03:55:32 AM »

A great start. A 2nd landslide is not out of the question if her approval ratings remain the same throughout her first term
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2016, 11:35:24 AM »

If Obama replaced Ginsburg, did Garland get confirmed to replace Scalia or is that seat still open?
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2016, 01:55:17 PM »

What are the pickups to get 51-49? I'm guessing Wisconsin, New Hampshire, Indiana, Pennsylvania, and two of Illinois, Missouri, and North Carolina, if Heck wins.

If New Hampshire was won by Ayotte, I could see a Ayotte/Daniels ticket. Hmm...
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2016, 06:47:55 PM »

If Obama replaced Ginsburg, did Garland get confirmed to replace Scalia or is that seat still open?
Yes, Garland was confirmed.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies