WI - Marquette: Clinton+7 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:33:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  WI - Marquette: Clinton+7 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WI - Marquette: Clinton+7  (Read 6577 times)
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« on: October 12, 2016, 12:29:24 PM »

Wait, people are down about Clinton being up 7? I was worried it was going to be below 5 points. Feingold's numbers are troubling, but I'm not worried about him if Clinton wins by around 5.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 12:34:28 PM »

So disappointing. Way too many undecideds and inflated thirty party support. If they haven't decided against Trump now they're probably going to break his way in the end. TNVolunteer was right.

It did not work that way at all in the primaries.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 12:37:40 PM »

Trump was leading? After the first debate? And people think he's not going to pull ahead by next month, after weeks of Trump's smear campaign against Clinton which apparently the joke state of WI is so eager to buy into? LOL

Trump will win WI, IA, OH and probably the election. I'm not following this race anymore. Just don't care.

Dude, there is no reason to freak out.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2016, 01:07:29 PM »

So disappointing. Way too many undecideds and inflated thirty party support. If they haven't decided against Trump now they're probably going to break his way in the end. TNVolunteer was right.

That's a good impression of a paranoid Atlas leftist.

I don't what you're implying here, but if you're accusing me of being a troll, I don't interact with other users here to know enough about the average "Atlas leftist" to impersonate them. Anyway, it doesn't matter, I no longer care about this race, or to put it more accurately, I am making a conscious decision not to care.

I don't know why you are freaking out? Hillary is almost to 90% to win in every credible projection model. People are already voting on many states or will be very shortly. Trump has ZERO GOTV or campaign organization. He's fighting with his own party. 27 days is not enough time for him to come back from that.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2016, 01:08:32 PM »

Didn't someone on here say that Marquette only polls those that are 100% certain to vote? Maybe that is affecting the numbers.

Yes, so the huge differential in GOTV could add a point or two to Clinton. Early voting already looks really good for Democrats.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2016, 01:21:59 PM »

It's incredibly frustrating to see that Trump was ahead in a Kerry state after the first debate AND tax return scandal. I thought WI was locked down for months and now it's getting weird when things seem to be going really well for Hillary.

The fact that neither campaign has spent any money on ads here in the last two months suggests VERY strongly that all internal polling indicates a comfortable Wisconsin win-- by which I mean, the margin in WI will be larger than the margins in NH and PA (where the Clinton campaign is spending a lot of money).

Word is that Trump has pulled out of PA and is shifting those resources to Wisconsin. Sounds like a $600K ad buy is coming.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2016, 01:26:15 PM »

It's incredibly frustrating to see that Trump was ahead in a Kerry state after the first debate AND tax return scandal. I thought WI was locked down for months and now it's getting weird when things seem to be going really well for Hillary.

The fact that neither campaign has spent any money on ads here in the last two months suggests VERY strongly that all internal polling indicates a comfortable Wisconsin win-- by which I mean, the margin in WI will be larger than the margins in NH and PA (where the Clinton campaign is spending a lot of money).

Word is that Trump has pulled out of PA and is shifting those resources to Wisconsin. Sounds like a $600K ad buy is coming.

So this is the best Trump is hoping for now?

That's a 269 tie.  Trump must really be banking on one of Nevada, New Hampshire, or ME-2.

Trump wins in a tie.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2016, 01:30:22 PM »

WI was always going to be a better bet for Trump than PA. With a generic R, this state would be tilt/lean R right now.

Don't know if they would have the same appeal to white working class whites that Trump does.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2016, 02:06:03 PM »

Clinton is winning the Milwaukee media market, outside the city of Milwaukee 42-40. That's how it was looking right after the conventions. This doesn't mean she's winning in the WOW counties, but it does mean he's performing like crap in the Republican base region.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2016, 02:48:30 PM »

Getting Trump to 260 in a close race is pretty easy (Romney+FL,OH,IA,ME2). Adding WI gets him to 270. At times it has seemed that WI is his best path through the CLinton wall. He originally focused on PA but now they seem to be focusing on winning 2 out of 3 of NV, NH and CO. Should he divert that NV/NH/CO time and money to WI?

Funny because Priorites USA just cut its finally weeks of ads in CO. The Clinton camp will now be 100% dark in CO after this week.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies