AZ-Data Orbital: Clinton +1
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:41:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  AZ-Data Orbital: Clinton +1
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: AZ-Data Orbital: Clinton +1  (Read 2318 times)
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2016, 01:40:08 PM »

Interesting that Clinton's lead seems to come from her consolidating the vote, rather than Trump bleeding.
voter1993
Rookie
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2016, 01:43:56 PM »

Why do we care what a crap pollster thinks? every major pollster has trump ahead by 4-6 points, i don't see clinton winning, i didn't know there were so many crooked hillary fans on here jeez.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2016, 01:45:45 PM »

Why do we care what a crap pollster thinks? every major pollster has trump ahead by 4-6 points, i don't see clinton winning, i didn't know there were so many crooked hillary fans on here jeez.

LOL. Not even Gravis/Breitbart, bruh.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2016, 01:46:45 PM »

in all fairness i think/hope he means arizona.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2016, 01:54:45 PM »

in all fairness i think/hope he means arizona.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/az/arizona_trump_vs_clinton_vs_johnson_vs_stein-6087.html

Not even.
dspNY
United States

« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2016, 02:04:23 PM »

Data Orbital: Clinton +1
Emerson: Clinton +2 (and they've got a heavy GOP lean this cycle)
OH Predictive Insights: Tie
Insights West: Trump +4
NBC/WSJ: Trump +2

It's VERY close in AZ
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2016, 02:21:39 PM »

The poll appears to significantly under-represent the heavily Latino and Democratic 3rd and 7th Congressional Districts fwiw.

Turnout in those districts has always been abysmal...
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2016, 03:14:41 PM »

This is definetely a bigger swing state than Pennsylvania. She should at least make an effort in getting 1 or 2 House seats here
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2016, 03:26:48 PM »

Only overperforming LBJ by 2 points? Crooked $h*tlery is a joke.

You are just as awful as the people you are mocking. If Hillary were to win in a landslide of the magnitude of LBJ's, she wouldn't be winning AZ by a single point.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2016, 03:29:42 PM »

You are just as awful as the people you are mocking. If Hillary were to win in a landslide of the magnitude of LBJ's, she wouldn't be winning AZ by a single point.

something like that couldn't happen today anyway.

2008 was the furthest possible landslide at that moment i think.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2016, 03:30:36 PM »

Clearly you didn't get my joke. LBJ lost AZ by 1 point. (Of course, Goldwater was from AZ, so that mostly explains it. Still it was a joke.)
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2016, 03:39:15 PM »

Clearly you didn't get my joke. LBJ lost AZ by 1 point. (Of course, Goldwater was from AZ, so that mostly explains it. Still it was a joke.)
Seemed to me like a joke from a hack to make fun of people who say she's a bad candidate. She's bad IMO, but Trump's worse, hence these numbers.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2016, 03:57:50 PM »

Seemed to me like a joke from a hack to make fun of people who say she's a bad candidate. She's bad IMO, but Trump's worse, hence these numbers.

I'm not making fun of people who say that she's a bad candidate, I'm making fun of people who think that she's the worst possible candidate for Democrats. If she were as abysmal as people say she is, she'd be losing, or maybe even with Trump, not slightly ahead in a state like Arizona.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2016, 07:58:32 PM »

Oh great. Another one. Roll Eyes
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2016, 08:01:37 PM »

State is not competitive, those undecideds are going to break for Trump. I mean come on, if you haven't decided against Trump now, what's going to convince you?

I think you've got this reversed. If normally GOP voters aren't soold to Trump by now? they've got serious reservations about handing the Oval Office keys to Trump and will vote accordingly (albeit with their noses tightly held).
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2016, 08:15:10 PM »

State is not competitive, those undecideds are going to break for Trump. I mean come on, if you haven't decided against Trump now, what's going to convince you?

I think you've got this reversed. If normally GOP voters aren't soold to Trump by now? they've got serious reservations about handing the Oval Office keys to Trump and will vote accordingly (albeit with their noses tightly held).

Completely agreed.  Based on favorability trends, undecideds seem more likely to break for Clinton than Trump.  Clinton is unpopular, but Trump is much more unpopular (in the latest Gallup survey, she's at -14 while he's at -34).  The same argument is supported by a tidbit from PPP's recent Florida poll:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2016, 08:50:50 PM »

From a Republican pollster? This might indicate a Trump collapse.

We are seeing Texas get close. Why not Arizona? Only Arizona is not as R as Texas.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2016, 09:28:12 PM »

Even we just throw this junk Republican poll into the hopper, of recent polls it does appear to indicate that Clinton is leading.

Look back at the recent Emerson Poll from 10/2-10/4 that was C +2 weighted for C +5.

Even Marist back from 9/6-9/8 showed Trump only up +2, prior to Clinton's dramatic growth in national polling numbers.

This Republican outfit and their LV screen is likely underestimating the Latino and Millennial voter, and over estimating the elderly Anglo vote as part of their screen.

We will see what voters actually do  in November, but I strongly suspect the Latino Millennials are significantly underestimated, and will now call the state for C +2 (Bold prediction).

Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2016, 01:40:08 AM »

We definitely need an Arizona gif, lol.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2016, 04:33:16 AM »

Amazing. Go Hillary, 350+ electoral votes are within reach now.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies