Americans: Have you thanked a frenchman today?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:56:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Americans: Have you thanked a frenchman today?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Americans: Have you thanked a frenchman today?  (Read 24808 times)
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2005, 10:57:06 AM »

Columbus Day?  He wasn't French though, and its a week or so early.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2005, 10:57:49 AM »

No wonder why Naso thinks you're a "French bastard."   Tongue
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2005, 11:06:09 AM »

I just found it humorous for some reason.

He considers me a "French frog," not a "French bastard." Wink
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #53 on: October 01, 2005, 11:13:40 AM »

I just found it humorous for some reason.

He considers me a "French frog," not a "French bastard." Wink

He called you a "French bastard" on many occassions but probably considers you a frog, also.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2005, 11:59:44 AM »

Majority of weapons and military related supplies came from French.

The French gave us many soldiers for the war, including LaFayette.

Acctually, a majority of our weapons and supplies came from Dutch traders, who had their merchant fleets attacked by the British for helping us.

The French did not give us LaFayette, he came on his own.  The General Polaski was Polish, and he played just as important a part in the war as LaFayette, but has never gotten nearly the recongnition for it and nor have the Poles.

I thank the French for what hey did for us, more than 200 years ago, under a completely different government.  But, I would say that we paided them back, and then some, in WWI, WWII and Veitnam.  And, yes, this is old news.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #55 on: October 02, 2005, 12:30:17 PM »

Really France is a just another one of the long list of countries in which almost everything is better than in the US.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #56 on: October 02, 2005, 03:08:11 PM »

A joke of thread this one is.
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2005, 09:34:01 PM »

The French, an arrogant, insulting, smelly, perverse, cheese eating, swarmy, conniving, sawed-off, beret wearing, surrendering people who make love with their faces and post too much on message boards.

Oh, okay, you're welcome!  ;-)

You used that as an insult?!?!
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #58 on: October 13, 2005, 09:35:10 PM »

A good Yoda in you, I sense Wink
KillerPollo
Mexico

Political Matrix
E: -3.15, S: -0.82

« Reply #59 on: October 13, 2005, 11:20:18 PM »

The French, an arrogant, insulting, smelly, perverse, cheese eating, swarmy, conniving, sawed-off, beret wearing, surrendering people who make love with their faces and post too much on message boards.

Hi, you ignorant, lavish, slutty, pedophilic, incestuous, BIG-MAC-eating, fradulent, ARROGANT, gullible, xenophobic person who likes to pork people in the cornhole and disrespect anyone else outside of your country.

How'd you like that? The French sure don't like what you said to them!
DanielX
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -4.70

« Reply #60 on: October 14, 2005, 01:08:44 PM »

Hi, you ignorant, lavish, slutty, pedophilic, incestuous, BIG-MAC-eating, fradulent, ARROGANT, gullible, xenophobic person who likes to pork people in the cornhole and disrespect anyone else outside of your country.

Hello you fithy, poor, ignorant, screwed-up, burrito-eating , arrogant, papist, sombrero-wearing, piñata-whacking, cousin-f***ing,  welfare-grubbing, insane AK-47-happy communist asshole! Cheesy
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #61 on: October 14, 2005, 05:53:21 PM »

I am SICK AND TIRED of my friend J.J. being nice to the French!  Cheesy
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #62 on: October 14, 2005, 07:34:38 PM »

Well, at least one person of French ethnic extraction finds it and your reaction, hilarious.  My maternal grandfather was born outside of Marseilles and my maternal grandmother's parents were from around Paris.   The "you're welcome" at the end should have been a dead give away.  :-)

BTW: It is "La Big Mac."
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #63 on: October 14, 2005, 07:51:21 PM »

I'm part French so everyone can thank me today....
Thank you Wildcard! Grin Nothing like returning to one of my most classic threads! Smiley
KillerPollo
Mexico

Political Matrix

« Reply #64 on: October 14, 2005, 09:02:02 PM »

Well, at least one person of French ethnic extraction finds it and your reaction, hilarious.  My maternal grandfather was born outside of Marseilles and my maternal grandmother's parents were from around Paris.   The "you're welcome" at the end should have been a dead give away.  :-)

But can you speak thorough French? Were you born in France?
OOOOOH!
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #65 on: October 14, 2005, 09:23:25 PM »

But can you speak thorough French? Were you born in France?
OOOOOH!

No, though it was my mother's first language; I can generally read it.  I do wear a beret in the winter.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #66 on: October 14, 2005, 09:46:04 PM »

as I recall, the McDonald's sandwich marketed as "The Big Mac" in english-speaking countries is marketed as "Le Royale" in french-speaking countries.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #67 on: October 14, 2005, 09:48:13 PM »

as I recall, the McDonald's sandwich marketed as "The Big Mac" in english-speaking countries is marketed as "Le Royale" in french-speaking countries.

That would be the Quarter pounder- they got they f'ing metric system there.
KillerPollo
Mexico

Political Matrix

« Reply #68 on: October 14, 2005, 09:48:40 PM »

JJ is right. it IS "la BigMac" in Mexico.
But we also have different kinds of MickeyD burgers you don't see in the US (i.e. McTrio, McNifica, McLoca, etc)
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #69 on: October 14, 2005, 09:51:33 PM »

ah, yeah, it's the QP that's a "Royale"    oops.  Smiley

and KFC is called PFK too.  Like that in guatemala too.  PFK.
KillerPollo
Mexico

Political Matrix

« Reply #70 on: October 14, 2005, 09:54:30 PM »

ah, yeah, it's the QP that's a "Royale"    oops.  Smiley

and KFC is called PFK too.  Like that in guatemala too.  PFK.

In Mexico it's still KFC! Guatemala is more conservative than Mexico. But Mexico is MUCH less americanized than Japan.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #71 on: October 15, 2005, 12:08:32 PM »

Wow, I didn't know.  I've only been down there once years ago, in the Yucatan.  I was thinking about making a trip to Jalapa or somewhere like that.  Think I'd find anything that would interest me, if you know what I mean? Wink
Jens
Angola

« Reply #72 on: October 15, 2005, 12:14:15 PM »

I wonder why we have the Quarter Pounder then since we use the metrix system too!? Grin Anyway I prefer a MacFeast
KillerPollo
Mexico

Political Matrix

« Reply #73 on: October 15, 2005, 12:27:27 PM »

Wow, I didn't know.  I've only been down there once years ago, in the Yucatan.  I was thinking about making a trip to Jalapa or somewhere like that.  Think I'd find anything that would interest me, if you know what I mean? Wink

Don't go fornicate young Mexican cgildren lioke you do with the poor little asians in Thailand.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #74 on: October 15, 2005, 12:30:44 PM »

Don't go fornicate young Mexican cgildren lioke you do with the poor little asians in Thailand.

Why not?  Oh you nationalist you.  Anyway as I'm sure you know I'm looking for the just over eighteen demographic, not 'children'.  I've heard there isn't all that much for the sex tourist in Mexico anyway - even aside from your women's general stockiness. Wink
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies