Americans: Have you thanked a frenchman today? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:30:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Americans: Have you thanked a frenchman today? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Americans: Have you thanked a frenchman today?  (Read 24963 times)
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: July 03, 2005, 02:18:04 PM »
« edited: July 03, 2005, 04:16:47 PM by LiberalPA »

French Contributions to the US during the revolution

Majority of weapons and military related supplies came from French.

French threatened British in other areas like the West Indies and Europe

The French Navy threatened seaward approaches.

The French Army made American threat at Yorktown credible.

The French gave us many soldiers for the war, including LaFayette.

Major conrtibution not during the revolution

Plus, they gave us The Statue Of Liberty.

Without them, we could all be British right now! (not that that's a bad thing, except maybe to some people) July 4th would have been insignificant if the french didnt help us in our greatest time of need.

So americans, have you thanked a frenchman today? Smiley
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2005, 02:44:33 PM »

The French only helped us out of opportunism, to get back at the British.
BUT, they did still help us. alot.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2005, 11:50:04 PM »
« Edited: July 04, 2005, 11:52:11 PM by Almost Senator LiberalPA »

Every American should go to France for a year after high school, or perhaps after univeristy, in order to learn how to live well.
How about no. I have friends who have been to France and they say it is naste.  I think we Americans know how to live that is why we have health codes and they don't.

What do you mean 'health codes'?  Certainly french food is far superior to american food - in fact our law about pastuerization is one reason cheese in america is garbage.  The quality of ones food has more to do with who prepares it than the laws regulating it - in america the underclass toils in the food industry spitting in everything they can get their hands on.  In healthy societies like France (or Thailand), people care about the quality of their products as they tend to be small proprieters rather than low-wage serfs.

Oh Your pastuerization what? French milk is not even pastuerization. That is why America has cheese call American cheese. I never heard of French cheese. And we don't eat the slug off our back deck now do we. FDA here to make sure our food is healthy and don't kill us.

Ok, I never thought I'd be defending the French on this forum, but here goes:

Josh, the French are famous for their cheeses.  They have some of the best cheeses in the world.  And American cheese is actually not that great a cheese.  (It has its uses though, as certain properties make it perfect for melting)
i wish i owned a cheesewheel. i want to race one down a hill.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2005, 12:14:19 AM »

Every American should go to France for a year after high school, or perhaps after univeristy, in order to learn how to live well.
How about no. I have friends who have been to France and they say it is naste.  I think we Americans know how to live that is why we have health codes and they don't.

What do you mean 'health codes'?  Certainly french food is far superior to american food - in fact our law about pastuerization is one reason cheese in america is garbage.  The quality of ones food has more to do with who prepares it than the laws regulating it - in america the underclass toils in the food industry spitting in everything they can get their hands on.  In healthy societies like France (or Thailand), people care about the quality of their products as they tend to be small proprieters rather than low-wage serfs.

Oh Your pastuerization what? French milk is not even pastuerization. That is why America has cheese call American cheese. I never heard of French cheese. And we don't eat the slug off our back deck now do we. FDA here to make sure our food is healthy and don't kill us.

Ok, I never thought I'd be defending the French on this forum, but here goes:

Josh, the French are famous for their cheeses.  They have some of the best cheeses in the world.  And American cheese is actually not that great a cheese.  (It has its uses though, as certain properties make it perfect for melting)
i wish i owned a cheesewheel. i want to race one down a hill.
or better yet, take a whole bunch of different types of cheeses, and race them against eachother! i could have a cheesewheel racing league! that would rule! Cheesy
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2005, 07:51:21 PM »

I'm part French so everyone can thank me today....
Thank you Wildcard! Grin Nothing like returning to one of my most classic threads! Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies