Franklin Pierce U/Boston Herald: Clinton +5 (4-way)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:45:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  Franklin Pierce U/Boston Herald: Clinton +5 (4-way)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Franklin Pierce U/Boston Herald: Clinton +5 (4-way)  (Read 1011 times)
dspNY
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 16, 2016, 06:34:22 PM »

Clinton 46
Trump 41
Johnson 6
Stein 2

National poll, taken October 9-13. 1,011 LVs, MoE 3.1%. Last poll was Clinton 45, Trump 43

http://www.bostonherald.com/sites/default/files/media/2016/10/16/FPU-BH-Memo-101616.pdf
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2016, 06:34:54 PM »

How reliable were they in 2012? This looks about right.
voter1993
Rookie
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2016, 06:38:44 PM »

This seems right not too bad for trump but i don't see him making any gains in this state.
amdcpus
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2016, 06:39:22 PM »

This seems right not too bad for trump but i don't see him making any gains in this state.

National Poll.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2016, 06:42:47 PM »

538 rates them as B- and D+1.3.  Not a lot of polls, though (21).
dspNY
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2016, 06:44:41 PM »

Full numbers:

Clinton favorables: 45/52 (up from 43/54)
Trump favorables: 39/58 (down from 41/56)
Johnson favorables: 16/38 (46% with no opinion)
Stein favorables: 10/28 (62% with no opinion)

88% of Clinton supporters and 90% of Trump supporters are locked in

61% think Clinton will win
26% think Trump will win

95% have heard about the Access Hollywood tapes
38% think he should drop out, 55% think he should stay in

50% think it is fair for Trump to bring up Bill's past, 43% think it is unfair (that's a surprise)
86% don't care about Bill's past and it won't affect their vote. 85% of indies and 93% of Dems don't care

41% say their opinion of Trump has worsened after 2 debates; only 12% have an improved opinion. 47% are unchanged

25% say their opinion of Clinton has worsened after 2 debates; 22% have an improved opinion. 53% are unchanged.

45% say Pence won the VP debate; 23% say Kaine won
voter1993
Rookie
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2016, 06:44:58 PM »

National Poll.

Oh National Poll? this is good for him!!! i thought this was new hampshire, that nbc poll looks way off and an outlier.
dspNY
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2016, 06:46:03 PM »

National Poll.

Oh National Poll? this is good for him!!! i thought this was new hampshire, that nbc poll looks way off and an outlier.

Being stuck at 41% in a national poll three weeks from the election and right before early voting starts is a terrible position
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2016, 06:46:20 PM »

Hillary's Fav ratings are on par with that last FOX poll, but a majority of people thought it was fair to bring up the past about Bill Clinton (60-40).

However, the WaPost poll showed that most people thought it was inappropriate for the orange fuzz ball to bring up Bill Clinton. Strange.
voter1993
Rookie
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2016, 06:49:16 PM »

National Poll.

Being stuck at 41% in a national poll three weeks from the election and right before early voting starts is a terrible position

of course you don't want to be losing but the week trump had.. he's holding up well before the 3rd debate.even if he loses congress won't let anything clinton wants get passed.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2016, 06:49:19 PM »

National Poll.

Best savin your breath with this joker.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2016, 06:49:34 PM »

National Poll.

5 points nationally is not good. It is totally in the realm of possibilities with a Clinton 6-8 point lead, just like NBC's 11.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2016, 06:50:23 PM »

National Poll.

I suppose for the dumpster fire to be a little less on fire is a good thing?

Poll after poll are showing not only that Trump is butting his head at 41-42% nationally, but that those remaining undecideds despise him. It's a case of whether they get behind Clinton, a third-party or not vote.

dspNY
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2016, 06:52:17 PM »

National Poll.

of course you don't want to be losing but the week trump had.. he's holding up well before the 3rd debate.even if he loses congress won't let anything clinton wants get passed.

His national average in 4-way trial heats is 39-40% and 41-42% in head-to-head matchups. That is an atrocious position
voter1993
Rookie
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2016, 06:58:38 PM »

National Poll.

His national average in 4-way trial heats is 39-40% and 41-42% in head-to-head matchups. That is an atrocious position

yes, but hillary is stuck at 45-46% i'm curious how this debate will go, i think if clinton does well it will be over, but if trump does well it will be a curious 3 weeks of how things go
dspNY
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2016, 07:00:14 PM »

National Poll.

yes, but hillary is stuck at 45-46% i'm curious how this debate will go, i think if clinton does well it will be over, but if trump does well it will be a curious 3 weeks of how things go

More reputable polls (ABC/WaPo and NBC/WSJ) show Clinton with 47 and 48% in a four way race and 50%+ in a head-to-head with almost the entire electorate decided
voter1993
Rookie
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2016, 07:02:57 PM »

National Poll.

More reputable polls (ABC/WaPo and NBC/WSJ) show Clinton with 47 and 48% in a four way race and 50%+ in a head-to-head with almost the entire electorate decided

yes, i don't believe that NBC poll unless i see more polls this week that have double digit leads, it looks more likely it is a 3-5 point race.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2016, 07:04:31 PM »

National Poll.

Early voting has already started in several states.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2016, 07:05:29 PM »

National Poll.

yes, i don't believe that NBC poll unless i see more polls this week that have double digit leads, it looks more likely it is a 3-5 point race.

I think you're kidding yourself. This is 6-8% nationally at this point.
voter1993
Rookie
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2016, 07:08:11 PM »

National Poll.

The race is very volatile, i'll be waiting for more, ABC had 4 points, and the new boston herald has 5 points. If it is more than 6 we will see arizona georgia missouri flip i'll be waiting.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2016, 07:08:37 PM »

If he is, that's the only one he's successfully kidding.
BundouYMB

« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2016, 07:10:34 PM »

a). this poll is already old, went Oct. 9-13. that means largely pre-assaultgate and definitely pre-assaulgate having time to register with the electorate.
b). trendline is in Clinton's favor. last poll had her up 2.
c). Monmouth has been in the field with a national poll over the weekend and will be releasing tomorrow. that's the one that matters.

sorry for only capitalizing like two words I'm on mobile Tongue
voter1993
Rookie
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2016, 07:12:53 PM »

a). this poll is already old, went Oct. 9-13. that means largely pre-assaultgate and definitely pre-assaulgate having time to register with the electorate.
b). trendline is in Clinton's favor. last poll had her up 2.
c). Monmouth has been in the field with a national poll over the weekend and will be releasing tomorrow. that's the one that matters.

sorry for only capitalizing like two words I'm on mobile Tongue

Monmouth will have her up big since the last poll had her up 4 i'm pretty sure.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2016, 07:13:41 PM »

National Poll.

The race is very volatile, i'll be waiting for more, ABC had 4 points, and the new boston herald has 5 points. If it is more than 6 we will see arizona georgia missouri flip i'll be waiting.

Which is why you have aggregates. A 6-8 national lead will give you weird outliers ... I don't think this is Clinton +10, despite wanting it and thinking it should be,  but if you factor in everything... I don't see how anyone could consider this race to be as close as you're insisting. Plus, is it really that volatile overall? There have been three significant periods of volatility, most recently immediately after the RNC then after Clinton's health scare. Otherwise outside of the usual noises and slight ups and downs, the race has been pretty stable. It's just that people remember those volatile periods.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2016, 07:17:17 PM »

This race has been remarkable stable with a mid single digit Clinton lead.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies