which poster really needs to lighten up?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:07:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  which poster really needs to lighten up?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: you can only pick one...
keystone phil

jfern

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 38

Author Topic: which poster really needs to lighten up?  (Read 2273 times)
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 07, 2005, 08:38:15 PM »

go.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2005, 08:40:35 PM »

Phil does..but I voted for the terrorist coddler.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2005, 08:43:15 PM »

^^^^  Perfect answer, States.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2005, 08:43:55 PM »

I love how I need to lighten up but when I attack Hughento for something, I've gone over the line.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2005, 08:50:57 PM »

both do.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2005, 08:52:13 PM »

I love how I need to lighten up but when I attack Hughento for something, I've gone over the line.

I voted for the hippie terrorist coddler, not you Phil.

This could be taken two ways.  You're more likely to get peeved in a personal sense, but in my opinion that is overridden by the way in which the hippie terrorist coddler presents his hackneyed opinions.  I don't think you need to lighten up in the way you discuss political issues.
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 2.77, S: -3.39

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2005, 12:15:51 AM »

I give the edge to Phil because of PA politics, but I would vote for josh22 or Philip over Phil.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2005, 12:33:49 AM »

This could be taken two ways.  You're more likely to get peeved in a personal sense, but in my opinion that is overridden by the way in which the hippie terrorist coddler presents his hackneyed opinions.  I don't think you need to lighten up in the way you discuss political issues.

YOU BOTH. YOU ARE WORTHLESS GUTTER TRASH.
KillerPollo
Mexico

Political Matrix
E: -3.15, S: -0.82

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2005, 12:39:49 AM »

this is already the best thread ever
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2005, 12:55:08 AM »

I give the edge to Phil because of PA politics, but I would vote for josh22 or Philip over Phil.

How would I need to lighten up in PA politics?
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2005, 01:00:45 AM »

You seem to very angry when Flyers or I disagree with you.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2005, 01:12:31 AM »

I don't get angry over disagreements and really don't ever getting angry with you. I usually am frustrated by people like Flyers, danwxman and Smash who I see as complete partisan hacks who look to Ed Rendell or whoever else and see no possible way they can lose.

I'm hardly ever mad because someone disagrees with me. I'm mad when they use poor reasoning (or if they don't use reasoning at all).
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2005, 01:22:46 AM »

I don't get angry over disagreements and really don't ever getting angry with you. I usually am frustrated by people like Flyers, danwxman and Smash who I see as complete partisan hacks who look to Ed Rendell or whoever else and see no possible way they can lose.

I'm hardly ever mad because someone disagrees with me. I'm mad when they use poor reasoning (or if they don't use reasoning at all).

Well maybe serious would be a better word, but it's hard to tell in online conversation.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2005, 01:28:55 AM »

Phil, you are a partisan hack in as much as I am.  Until now have I ever called you that?  With regards to Rendell, I really do see no way of him losing given how each potential candidate will play out.  You keep saying Castor, well who is more popular even in Montco, Rendell or Castor?  I have also heard from some Montco residents they find him to be a smug jerkoff albeit a good DA and like Rendell better.  Castor will dent Rendell's margins here- no more.  Lynn Swann only has name rec out west and being a Steeler will bite him back East and you know it.  Swann has also been caught with policy gaffes already and Rendell will sure pound him on that.

You have been very angry over things I've said in the past.  You blew up over my NE Times op-ed like I was a criminal.  I know you turned 5 shades of red after reading that.  I think there are times you get angry that a member of the opposite party lives so close to you and disagrees with you as strongly as I do.  I am not singling you out, rather a lot of NE Philly Republicans do this as well....  They are somehow arrogant enough to think I and other NE Dems somehow contribute to the demise of Philadelphia and think we have orgasms over drug dealers and Section 8 residents moving next to paying residents here.  This is not the case AT ALL.  We care about our neighborhoods and also want good jobs and an education for ourselves and children as well.    
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2005, 01:42:23 AM »

Phil, you are a partisan hack in as much as I am.  Until now have I ever called you that?  With regards to Rendell, I really do see no way of him losing given how each potential candidate will play out.  You keep saying Castor, well who is more popular even in Montco, Rendell or Castor?  I have also heard from some Montco residents they find him to be a smug jerkoff albeit a good DA and like Rendell better.  Castor will dent Rendell's margins here- no more.  Lynn Swann only has name rec out west and being a Steeler will bite him back East and you know it.  Swann has also been caught with policy gaffes already and Rendell will sure pound him on that.

I'm a hack because I think Bob Casey (Democrat) is more likely to win in 2006 than Rick Santorum? I'm a hack because I admitted Ed Rendell (Democrat) is the most likely to win the 2006 Gov. race when matched up against the current Republican opposition? I'm a hack for stating that Allyson Schwartz (Democrat) is very likely to win re-election? And those are just three areas where I'm apparently a hack. Give me a break!

Rendell vs. Castor - Sorry, Flyers, but I think the DA who has been re-elected with over 75% of the vote from Montco can put a big dent into Rendell's numbers in that county. Rendell has the star power but that can only get you so far when you're running against a popular, hometown boy with the GOP establishment of that county absolutley in love with him.

Rendell vs. Swann - They don't like your boy out there, Flyers. Face the facts. He barely won out there to begin with. Give them an area hero (sports or not) and keep him from making policy mistakes during the campaign and you guys should be worried. In an east vs. west brawl, the west can win.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Flyers, you have one bad temper and think I have one, too. You have a strange sense of pride thinking your editorial had me fuming. Laughing, yes. Laughing when people attacked you the next week, yes. Turning red? Not at all. Also, you are the one with the problem about someone different than you living so close. I don't fit the typical union guy mentality and I can tell that annoys you. To be honest, I expect people like you from NE Philly. I've become used to it. So don't act like you got me flipping out over your views and location. Your problem is that you don't know how to deal with someone who reminds you a bit like your father so you flip. Maybe I should bring out that post from PA 13?

This is exactly what you want. You want to turn this, like most other things, into a PA 13/NE Philly debate. You bring up how others blasted you in the NE Times and want to take it out on me. I wasn't flipping out, pal. You need to calm yourself with your ego.
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2005, 02:04:39 AM »

haha, agreed
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2005, 04:32:07 AM »

Write-in: Supersoulty, though obviously the two subjects mentioned need to as well.
skybridge
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2005, 05:19:18 AM »

Phil. Santorum isn't a saint.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2005, 06:26:47 AM »

This could be taken two ways.  You're more likely to get peeved in a personal sense, but in my opinion that is overridden by the way in which the hippie terrorist coddler presents his hackneyed opinions.  I don't think you need to lighten up in the way you discuss political issues.

YOU BOTH. YOU ARE WORTHLESS GUTTER TRASH.

HAHA!  I'm going to go off and cry now.....
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2005, 02:02:59 PM »

I think a lot of people here need to lighten up and stop complaining everytime someone says something you don't like.  Most of the time, it isn't anything extremely offensive.  So get over it.  All the "who is the most annoying poster" threads are more annoying than nearly anything I've read around here.......
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2005, 02:36:40 PM »

jfern because he's absolutly crazy on a lot of things, Phil at least knows what he's talking about.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2005, 04:06:41 PM »

Skybridge. I never said he was nor do I believe that. I actually disagree with him on a number of issues and have stated that on the forum. Thanks for your stupid post. Have a good day.  Smiley
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies