TRUMAN for SENATE: A Time for Truth (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:04:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  TRUMAN for SENATE: A Time for Truth (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: TRUMAN for SENATE: A Time for Truth  (Read 2376 times)
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« on: October 21, 2016, 04:04:42 PM »

Well, this is disappointing - Why?

Based on your speeches, in which you do not mention my name, it doesn't seem to be an issue with me...
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2016, 04:30:57 PM »

Well, this is disappointing - Why?

Based on your speeches, in which you do not mention my name, it doesn't seem to be an issue with me...
I certainly have nothing against you personally, Mr. Representative, but I'm disappointed with the way you've managed your campaign recently. Your near total absence from the campaign trail and your decision to endorse what is essentially an anti-democratic troll ticket for the presidency has led me to question whether this is the right time for you to join the Senate.

Because I feel like i owe you, Truman, and you, the Atlasian people an explanation/apology, here goes nothing:

Why I haven't been on the campaign trail:

-I was not challenged for this seat
-I have duties in the House
-I've been busy in life recently

I understand that it's still inexcusable, but I've been an active citizen in Atlasia in the public sphere and in the government since I declared my candidacy, and apparently that speaks less than I thought it did

The Xahar gambit:

You know why I play Atlasia? Because I think it should be fun. I know Xahar will never be elected, and he's, at best, a spoiler. But BaconKing and Xahar promise to inject fun into the game. I talked over this all with Sen. Blair, and he was, surprisingly, cool with it. You will note that Blair received my second preference, and I will say that I did that with a smile on my face. I fully support Blair and hope that he becomes the next president.

I only issue this apology because I truly want to serve my people in the Atlasian Senate.

Thank you. Any questions?
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2016, 05:12:50 PM »

A Time for Truth, eh? Explain this:

Endorsed! I can't think of anyone better to follow Blair as our region's voice in Nyman.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2016, 07:04:05 PM »

Since I rejoined this game, I have been one of the most active people on the AFE board. All of yor other points are valid, let's agree to disagree there, but activity cannot be one. I post on many campaign threads, am involved in the IRCs, and have served my duty in the house with activity. Maybe I haven't been making campaign speeches, but damn me if I do things around here for something other than personal gain, am I right? Look, I welcome your challenge, but I think it's unwarranted and I've proven that I will be a strong, good, and active public servant.

And damn me for making the game fun again. My "newspaper" is one of the only things that brought excitement here, and it's helped reinvigorate the board.  You can't accuse me of not being active with all of this evidence. So what if I'm not a rigid, structured politician? I never claimed to be. I'm a man of the people - that's what I've always presented myself as. But what the hell, my accomplishments obviously mean nothing!
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2016, 10:47:33 AM »

How was he right? My resignation has nothing to do with the issues Truman raised in our campaign.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies