TRUMAN for SENATE: A Time for Truth (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:24:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  TRUMAN for SENATE: A Time for Truth (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: TRUMAN for SENATE: A Time for Truth  (Read 2410 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: October 21, 2016, 06:33:27 PM »

Having no declared opponent is no excuse for running an inactive campaign. I was a candidate for the Mideast Assembly on three separate occasions in 2015; in each of those elections, the number of candidates for office was fewer than the number of seats, meaning that I was effectively running unopposed. The same was true when I ran for my third and final term as Senator At-Large in April. I could have won those elections without any effort at all, but instead I chose to run an active campaign - publishing a detailed platform, making speeches, etc. - because I knew then, as I know now, that activity is the lifeblood of the game. (I did this while continuing to tend to my official responsibilities, by the way.) Your explanation - that you didn't campaign because you didn't have to - shows that you do not understand this simple truth.

This is a critical point considering how dead the AFE board has become as a result of so much discussion being transfered to various Mibbit chat rooms. Public campaigning is a critical thing that has to be restored, and it is one of the many reasons I structured my campaign effort the way I did.

I was often unopposed as Southeast Regional Senator, but I always campaigned publicly for the post regardless. And typically had some major inconvenience to contend with each time from computer failure, to income loss, to a death in the family. Trouble seemed to always be timed at the end of a January, May or September, just in time for the usual commencement to the Feb/June/Oct election cycles.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2016, 03:28:18 AM »

Unhand Mr. Madison at once. Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2016, 10:39:06 PM »

Thank you. I am also interested in knowing what about my candidacy was destructive.
I strongly disagree with the vision of the HFP, and the ethical conduct of certain persons associated with it. So, a President Xahar would be destructive to the vision for Atlasia that I have worked towards over the past year or so.

Don't talk in circles like this. Which persons? What ethical conduct? Be specific. Similarly, how would such a presidency be destructive to your vision? Talking like this is worse than nothing.

Perhaps he saw the future. As in what you were going to do.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2016, 11:56:04 PM »

Thank you. I am also interested in knowing what about my candidacy was destructive.
I strongly disagree with the vision of the HFP, and the ethical conduct of certain persons associated with it. So, a President Xahar would be destructive to the vision for Atlasia that I have worked towards over the past year or so.

Don't talk in circles like this. Which persons? What ethical conduct? Be specific. Similarly, how would such a presidency be destructive to your vision? Talking like this is worse than nothing.

Perhaps he saw the future. As in what you were going to do.

Pray tell, what was I going to do?

Nothing now. Thank God. Evil
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2016, 09:16:04 AM »

oh god,

ANOTHER ELECTION!!!

For the North anyway.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to: