Am I Crazy or could Trump Still Win?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:45:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Am I Crazy or could Trump Still Win?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Am I Crazy or could Trump Still Win?  (Read 3359 times)
wolfsblood07
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2016, 12:13:01 PM »

Trump could win.  There are a lot of voters fed up with business as usual.  In Trump we have hope that we can have better trade policies, bring back manufacturing jobs, keep out illegal immigrants, end the ridiculous anchor baby loophole forever, and generally make America great again.  He's fighting against entrenched power, but he has the issues that people care about on his side.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2016, 12:15:16 PM »

Trump could win.  There are a lot of voters fed up with business as usual.  In Trump we have hope that we can have better trade policies, bring back manufacturing jobs, keep out illegal immigrants, end the ridiculous anchor baby loophole forever, and generally make America great again.  He's fighting against entrenched power, but he has the issues that people care about on his side.

this does not reflect the numbers
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2016, 12:17:23 PM »

Good luck getting rid of the 14th amendment. Also, placing your hopes on a guy who both bought foreign steel and manufactures outside of the US  to bring back manufacturing jobs is not a good bet either. Your candidate is a dud, and your party should have voted for someone competent if they wanted to get something done.
wolfsblood07
United States

« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2016, 12:28:04 PM »

A lot of people in the energy industry are fed up with over regulation, another card Trump has. 
Trump understands the problems because he spent his life in business, building things and creating jobs.  People want a fighter, and Trump is a fighter.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2016, 12:28:49 PM »

The fact that so many people think Clinton winning is an absolute guarantee is itself worrying, because there are probably quite a few people that aren't political junkies that feel this way, and figure it's in the bag so they don't need to show up to vote themselves.

Never assume the other side won't win until your vote has been cast.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2016, 12:52:15 PM »

A lot of people in the energy industry are fed up with over regulation, another card Trump has. 
Trump understands the problems because he spent his life in business, building things and creating jobs.  People want a fighter, and Trump is a fighter.

You have been watching to many trump commercials/ads.
Now you are repeating them, like a broken record.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2016, 01:04:00 PM »

Clinton up 4 points in Florida - "It's just a margin of error lead! Trump cam easily still win the state!"

Trump up 1 point in Ohio - "SAFE R!!!!!11!!"

You sound ridiculous.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2016, 01:14:36 PM »

I'm trying not to even think about it
PresidentSamTilden

« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2016, 01:28:38 PM »

64% of Americans as of March this year are very concerned/fairly concerned about global warming. Who cares what the energy insiders and 1%ers say, they just wanna pad their pockets more. If you're concerned about the future of this country, you should not support energy companies, or presidential candidates, putting their profits over our long term best interests.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2016, 02:05:32 PM »

Sure he can. It's not out of the realm of possibility, and Trump tends to shock people who think he isn't capable of doing anything.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2016, 02:20:55 PM »
« Edited: October 23, 2016, 02:22:54 PM by ProudModerate2 »

Sure he can. It's not out of the realm of possibility, and Trump tends to shock people who think he isn't capable of doing anything.

You are right !
trump "shocked many people" by the fact that he thinks that it is easy/acceptable for being "capable of doing anything" with women, like walking up to them and "grabbing them by the pussy."
Is this what you meant ?
wolfsblood07
United States

« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2016, 02:46:08 PM »

You are right !
trump "shocked many people" by the fact that he thinks that it is easy/acceptable for being "capable of doing anything" with women, like walking up to them and "grabbing them by the pussy."
Is this what you meant ?
Many people, myself included, thought Trump had no chance to win the nomination.  And after the first Republican debate in 2015, people said Trump blew it, he didn't know what he was talking about, he has peaked, it's all downhill from here.
But Trump, with the support of the people, proved us wrong.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2016, 02:47:03 PM »

You are right !
Is this what you meant ?
Many people, myself included, thought Trump had no chance to win the nomination.  And after the first Republican debate back in 2015, people said Trump blew it, he didn't know what he was talking about, he has peaked, it's all downhill from here.

That's a nice spin on what actually happened.
Dutch Conservative
jwhueting
Rookie
Netherlands

« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2016, 03:01:26 PM »

It's an extremely difficult path for Trump now, I can only see him winning if:
- polling is consistently underestimating Trump-turnout. It is possible, but the same argument was used in 2012 and that didn't quit work out that way. The difference could be that Trump-supporters are less responsive to polls
- Trump reunites the GOP and gets over 90% of GOP-voters behind him. That might be the case when senate races become very close and Rubio/Heck/etc. get in serious trouble for not (openly) supporting Trump. That could put him over the edge in states  like Florida and NC.
- A new Clinton scandal, Wikileaks/Veritas and very important: it has to be picked up by the MSM, because that's where the Clinton voters are. They dont watch infowars or Breitbart.

A combination of these three could result in a 3-5 swing and make it a very close race again. But Trump cant affort any mistakes in that scenario.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2016, 03:08:11 PM »

You are right !
Is this what you meant ?

Many people, myself included, thought Trump had no chance to win the nomination.  And after the first Republican debate in 2015, people said Trump blew it, he didn't know what he was talking about, he has peaked, it's all downhill from here.

Why is it trump supporters just keep going back and always referring to "the primaries" ? !
This is their "happy period" .... their "safe place," so they do nothing but repeat this over and over again, and trying to block "this-is-now-the-general-election" from reaching critical areas of their brain.

You say "But Trump, with the support of the people, proved us wrong."
Let's breakdown the "of the people" in your statement.
First we are just talking about Republican "people" (for the most part) who elected trump to the nomination. And secondly, it was only about 40 to 45% of that segment, who truly pushed trump over the finish-line to become the R-candidate.
So your "with the support of the people" comment, does not sound as an "all inclusive American electorate," as you want/wish it to be.
So let's not try to bulls**t anyone here.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2016, 04:31:13 PM »

I don't honestly see it. His best shot is PA and he's down by 7 there.

He needs one of PA, or VA, and he's down 7 in one and 8 in the other.

Trump is also running out of time, plain and simple. He needs to get it within 5 in two weeks. He's close to that now, so the election is not yet over.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2016, 04:40:15 PM »

I think you might be crazy.
Cashew
United States

« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2016, 04:41:32 PM »

There are many " undecided" voters who are looking for whatever excuse they can find to vote Trump. He will likely gain a few points only to lose them again next time he does something stupid.
If anything, candidates like Trump tend to underperform their polls.  Look at Akin, Mourdock, and Wiener (in the mayoral race).
Yeah I have no doubt that trump will under perform in the actual results. The point is that Trump managed to somehow rebound twice, pre convention, and in mid September, and a final hurrah is very possible before the undecideds get serious.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2016, 04:48:39 PM »

You're crazy.
rafta_rafta

« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2016, 04:52:30 PM »

If the polls are correct, then this race was over two weeks back
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2016, 05:01:35 PM »

The two aren't mutually exclusive. Wink  But I agree with the others who've said that it's very unlikely.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2016, 05:02:23 PM »

I have little doubt that Hillary will win the election.  As of now I'd put Trump's chances t 1-5%.  But I think he might do better than we think.

The majority of people I know voted for Romney.  My circle of friends and acquaintances is probably R+20.  However, very few people I know say they are voting for Trump.  Most of them say they are voting Johnson, writing in a candidate, or that they "don't know."  If I had to guess, around 25% of people I know say they'll vote for him.  There is no way that it's that low.  I think that a large number of people who say they'll vote third party are only saying that out of maintaining respectability.

In short, while I highly doubt Trump will win, I think he'll make it a lot closer than people think.  I don't think Hillary's going to win Arizona or Georgia.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2016, 05:07:30 PM »

Trump doesn't have a "1-5%" chance of winning the election. Voting has already started. It's simply far too late for him to make a comeback.

Over 5 million votes in too.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2016, 05:07:47 PM »

You're wrong and crazy and need to be slapped.
*SLAP* (grabs shoulders and shakes) GET AHOLD OF YOURSELF FOR CHRISSAKES!

Sorry I just loled when I read your post.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2016, 05:14:23 PM »

"people you know" is never an accurate or representative sample. I learned that the hard way back in 2004.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies