WA- Elway: Clinton +17
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:29:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  WA- Elway: Clinton +17
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WA- Elway: Clinton +17  (Read 1785 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 24, 2016, 05:29:36 PM »

https://twitter.com/pollreport/status/790676386277040128

Clinton (D)     48%
Trump (R)      31%
Johnson (L)    6%
Stein (G)        1%

(Elway Poll, LV, 10/20-22)

LOL Stein. If she gets only 1% in Washington state then maybe it's time to pack her bags and go back to Moscow.
dspNY
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2016, 05:30:11 PM »

Safe Dem. Nothing to see here. This is equivalent to Obama's 2008 margin so it implies a Clinton +7 or +8 lead nationally
Chaddyr23
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.19, S: -5.83

P P
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2016, 05:32:40 PM »

I would have bet all of the money Donald Trump lost in 1995 on the fact Stein would be up on Johnson here
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2016, 05:41:12 PM »

I would have bet all of the money Donald Trump lost in 1995 on the fact Stein would be up on Johnson here

Meh. Stein's popular on UW and WWU campuses and a couple hippie neighborhoods in Seattle, but pretty much everywhere else is solid Johnson country as far as third partiers go.

Too bad they didn't test Dori Monson; he's a moderate libertarianish conservative radio host running as a write-in independent.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2016, 05:44:59 PM »

Meh. Stein's popular on UW and WWU campuses and a couple hippie neighborhoods in Seattle, but pretty much everywhere else is solid Johnson country as far as third partiers go.

Too bad they didn't test Dori Monson; he's a moderate libertarianish conservative radio host running as a write-in independent.

Re: Stein - most of the Seattle area, while still quite Democratic, is not Seattle
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2016, 05:48:26 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised if Trump cracks under 34% in Washington on ED, with a complete collapse in Metro SeaTac, evangelicals/Mormons bailing and voting Lib or not for top-of-ticket in Eastern Washington, Coastal Washington, etc....

I'm actually a bit surprised that Stein's numbers aren't stronger, and suspect some might have moved into an undecided category Post-Gropergate.

Honestly, I'm a little bit disappointed in this poll, as I was hoping Oregon would vote to the Left of Washington this November. Sad

No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2016, 05:49:59 PM »

Just a reminder. Wink

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2016, 05:58:43 PM »
« Edited: October 24, 2016, 06:16:45 PM by Eraserhead »

It looks like they didn't push undecided voters much at all in this poll.

Stein should get over 1% here (she got .67% in 2012) but Oregon will be much stronger for her.

Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2016, 05:59:26 PM »

Maybe is she does a few more interviews at Infowars about what a great guy Putin is, that will boost her numbers.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2016, 06:11:43 PM »

Stein should get over 1% here (she got .67% here in 2012) but Oregon will be much stronger for her.

Agreed...

One item that is often forgotten by many of our colleagues on the forum is that individuals in Western "Safe States" frequently vote 3rd Party at the National level primarily to secure automatic ballot access.

I agree that Stein will likely perform better in OR than WA as part of tactical decisions so that we continue to see Greens on the ballot for various down ballot elected positions. Maybe I'm wrong, but I remember what it took to get the Pacific Green Party on the ballot in Oregon way back in '92, that is primarily a local and statewide grassroots movement, and I do guarantee that there are many Oregonians that want a Green option for local and statewide elections to keep core issues first and center and "keep the Democratic Party honest" on these issues.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2016, 06:14:12 PM »

Stein's views are probably popular in WA, but she isn't a very good or high-profile candidate.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2016, 06:18:16 PM »

Considering that Stein is almost as mentally ill as Trump, it's no surprise that she's only getting 1%.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2016, 06:21:58 PM »

Stein should get over 1% here (she got .67% here in 2012) but Oregon will be much stronger for her.

Agreed...

One item that is often forgotten by many of our colleagues on the forum is that individuals in Western "Safe States" frequently vote 3rd Party at the National level primarily to secure automatic ballot access.

I agree that Stein will likely perform better in OR than WA as part of tactical decisions so that we continue to see Greens on the ballot for various down ballot elected positions. Maybe I'm wrong, but I remember what it took to get the Pacific Green Party on the ballot in Oregon way back in '92, that is primarily a local and statewide grassroots movement, and I do guarantee that there are many Oregonians that want a Green option for local and statewide elections to keep core issues first and center and "keep the Democratic Party honest" on these issues.

Yeah, Oregon was actually her second best state in the country in 2012 (Maine being her best).
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2016, 07:21:34 PM »

Looks about right, though obviously Hillary will get more than 48%.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2016, 07:38:50 PM »

I didn't even know this was happening, so I'm gonna say <1% Tongue
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2016, 07:54:31 PM »

I only heard about it because apparently Pete Carroll (probably half-seriously) endorsed him.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2016, 08:55:03 PM »

I only heard about it because apparently Pete Carroll (probably half-seriously) endorsed him.

Adorable!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies