Lil' Marco booed off stage by Latino crowd
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:47:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Lil' Marco booed off stage by Latino crowd
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Lil' Marco booed off stage by Latino crowd  (Read 606 times)
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 25, 2016, 09:50:42 PM »

Well, well, well, looks like he will win in a landsl--...oh wait!

Link on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeyHIQh_BL0
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 09:53:35 PM »

Rubio is a joke. I want him to lose almost as much as I want Feingold to win.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2016, 09:54:52 PM »

Like I said on the main thread, the amount of anti-Cuban racism within Florida is disgusting.  It's especially pronounced within the Puerto Rican community, for obvious reasons.  Murphy should denounce immediately!
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2016, 10:09:49 PM »

Like I said on the main thread, the amount of anti-Cuban racism within Florida is disgusting.  It's especially pronounced within the Puerto Rican community, for obvious reasons.  Murphy should denounce immediately!

Anti-Cuban what especially pronounced within the WHAT? Dude, please. Rubio is a horrible Senator who betrayed his constituents and openly expressed disdain for the job to which he was elected. Of course he's not going to be respected.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2016, 10:10:48 PM »

What should Rubio denounce, exactly? Puerto Ricans?
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2016, 10:21:35 PM »

How could those heartless people boo such a wondrous specimen of perfection!? Don't worry, Flawless Beautiful Marco Purple heart Purple heart Purple heart, they'll have to start calling you President Flawless Purple heart soon enough!

B-b-b-b-but I thought only Democrats played the race card!
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2016, 10:22:34 PM »

He'll get the last laugh when he wins. You can see how terrified Dems are of him though, as can be seen in the post above but play it off by calling him a joke.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2016, 10:25:17 PM »

How could those heartless people boo such a wondrous specimen of perfection!? Don't worry, Flawless Beautiful Marco Purple heart Purple heart Purple heart, they'll have to start calling you President Flawless Purple heart soon enough!

Republicans love playing the race card when you criticize minority Republicans.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2016, 10:26:39 PM »

Hey, it's your conscience you'll have to live with!  I find it shameful that racism has so permeated the election, but a lot of reds seem to be ok with anti-Cuban bigotry.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2016, 10:29:09 PM »

It IS completely fair though when any minority Republican is demonized for being a traitor while any Dem minority politician is basically sainthood. At least judge everyone the same, at least get rid of a lot of the old Dem minority politicians which haven't done anything in years and are corrupt and replace them with younger politicians from the same community who knows what needs to be done, isn't a millionaire.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2016, 10:29:50 PM »

Hey, it's your conscience you'll have to live with!  I find it shameful that racism has so permeated the election, but a lot of reds seem to be ok with anti-Cuban bigotry.

I couldn't care less what Rubio's ethnicity is.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2016, 12:59:53 AM »

It IS completely fair though when any minority Republican is demonized for being a traitor while any Dem minority politician is basically sainthood. At least judge everyone the same, at least get rid of a lot of the old Dem minority politicians which haven't done anything in years and are corrupt and replace them with younger politicians from the same community who knows what needs to be done, isn't a millionaire.

Well it's fair when you demonize minority Republicans for being "traitors," but usually it's a case of Republicans saying "Ha! You only like black politicians WHEN THEY'RE DEMOCRATS!" Well duh, we judge people based on politics, not skin color.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2016, 10:12:08 AM »

Well it's fair when you demonize minority Republicans for being "traitors," but usually it's a case of Republicans saying "Ha! You only like black politicians WHEN THEY'RE DEMOCRATS!" Well duh, we judge people based on politics, not skin color.

Bingo.

Republicans seem to think that electing minority candidates means they're making inroads with those demographics. It's insulting for Republicans to think that minority voters can be tricked into voting for their candidates based on identity politics. Minority voters reject Republicans not because of the demographics of their messengers, but because of the disdain of their message.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2016, 01:11:10 PM »

Like I said on the main thread, the amount of anti-Cuban racism within Florida is disgusting.  It's especially pronounced within the Puerto Rican community, for obvious reasons.  Murphy should denounce immediately!

Bingo.

Republicans seem to think that electing minority candidates means they're making inroads with those demographics. It's insulting for Republicans to think that minority voters can be tricked into voting for their candidates based on identity politics. Minority voters reject Republicans not because of the demographics of their messengers, but because of the disdain of their message.

The thing is, polling data from multiple sources has suggested that a big part of the reason Rubio is winning, even as the presidential nominee will lose the state, is because he has made inroads among minority voters -- especially Puerto Ricans. So it's a little ridiculous to phrase that comment as though the method doesn't sometimes (and, more specifically, this time) work.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2016, 01:58:20 PM »
« Edited: October 26, 2016, 02:02:08 PM by President Johnson »

Rubio is a joke. I want him to lose almost as much as I want Feingold to win.

Agreed. He actually hates the job in the senate, just wants to use it as stepping stone to the presidency.

Btw, here's how President Obama destroys him: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_KySFVLBGA
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2016, 02:18:15 PM »

Marco Rubio is highly overrated.  He's just not that handsome/inspiring/Obamaesque as the media says he is.  He's getting older, he looks older than he did 10 years ago, he has poor charisma, and Donald Trump wiped the floor with him in his own state. 

He is Cuban, therefore Latino, therefore seen as a star from the beginning, but aside from his ethnic background, what else can you say about him?  If his name was Mark Miller, would anybody really be talking about this guy?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies