Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 19, 2019, 01:25:41 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Election Archive
| |-+  Election Archive
| | |-+  All Archived Boards
| | | |-+  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: AndrewTX, Likely Voter)
| | | | |-+  Quinnipiac-GA: Trump +1 IA: Tied + NC: Clinton +4 VA: Clinton +12 (search mode)
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Quinnipiac-GA: Trump +1 IA: Tied + NC: Clinton +4 VA: Clinton +12  (Read 5304 times)
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

View Profile
« on: October 27, 2016, 02:16:51 pm »

Trump needs civil war to win this election.

“People have forgotten this truth," the fox said. "But you mustn’t forget it. You become responsible forever for what you’ve tamed. You’re responsible for your rose.”
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2016, 02:17:30 pm »

What does 538 rate them as?
A- and R bias.

“People have forgotten this truth," the fox said. "But you mustn’t forget it. You become responsible forever for what you’ve tamed. You’re responsible for your rose.”
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2016, 04:42:10 pm »

this is waaaay better than even I expected. Wow!

somehow Nate Silver's math isn't adding up to me - all of these polls should improve Clinton's chances.

The United States is tops in the world in confidence in our ability to do mathematics.
USA! USA! USA! USA!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect

Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2016, 05:01:01 pm »

this is waaaay better than even I expected. Wow!

somehow Nate Silver's math isn't adding up to me - all of these polls should improve Clinton's chances.

The United States is tops in the world in confidence in our ability to do mathematics.
USA! USA! USA! USA!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect

Are you critiquing Silver or me?

I mean I guess the big swinger is the Missouri poll showing Trump up 11, but really why should a Missouri poll swing it that much when we basically know Trump is going to win Missouri?
It wasn't meant as critique of this particular post, but about Nate being a clickbait.
I mean it is more or less the same model that was used in 2012 etc. Plus Nate is probably extra cautious bc of ~Brexit'ish phenomena.

I think, Pew was the mostly responsible for it. It has pretty big sample/weight.
but really why should a Missouri poll swing it that much when we basically know Trump is going to win Missouri?
State correlation?

Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout