Deeply disturbing
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:58:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Deeply disturbing
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Deeply disturbing  (Read 6742 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 28, 2016, 04:23:20 PM »
« edited: October 28, 2016, 10:40:55 PM by Fmr. Pres. Griffin »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

EDIT: Also, while we're at it/since my previous screencap of it was deleted, Tmth is still playing the game from behind the scenes despite leaving in such supposedly dramatic fashion, including messaging James during last weekend's election and turning out other players to vote. Apparently we can't post PMs from other forums here either, lol. It's only relevant in the sense that the Federalists just can't keep from engaging in PM shenanigans...but also hilarious since according to some, his little facade where he pretended to quit was actually me driving him away from the game. Those close to me know that I maintained from the get-go that it was all an act. See you in a couple of months, Tmth! Smiley Smiley
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2016, 04:29:27 PM »

FF Jimmie accidentally exposing the rigged system
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2016, 04:44:08 PM »

What's Deeply Disturbing is you lot lying to poor Jimmie and calling Blair a "Moderate"
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2016, 04:45:01 PM »

What's Deeply Disturbing is you lot lying to poor Jimmie and calling Blair a "Moderate"

Except that that is the truth (maybe not from your reactionary perspective) and what you did was/is illegal.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2016, 04:47:03 PM »

Except that that is the truth (maybe not from your reactionary perspective) and what you did was/is illegal.
So asking someone why they voted a certain way and telling them that PM's are a lie is illegal then?
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2016, 04:48:22 PM »

Oh yes, this stuff is just so important.

Forget about your work life, your school life, your significant other, your fiances, the upcoming presidential election..

Whoever wins Atlasia  is the MOST important thing, right?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2016, 04:48:36 PM »

So asking someone why they voted a certain way and telling them that PM's are a lie is illegal then?

Voter intimidation is illegal. Shame on you for trying to deflect while simultaneously lying.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2016, 04:50:16 PM »

to be fair, blair did state to me that he wants atlasia to be fun instead of serious. I did feel pressure to switch my vote to yankee.

That is all I want to say until I am cooled off.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2016, 04:52:51 PM »

to be fair, blair did state to me that he wants atlasia to be fun instead of serious. I did feel pressure to switch my vote to yankee.

Expect at least 57 incoming PMs and FB messages within the next 5 minutes demanding that you delete this.

RIP Cry
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2016, 04:53:53 PM »

I'm sorry, but this is despicable. I don't care what you think about Blair or his policies; this kind of behavior is completely unacceptable, and the attempts to excuse it ought to repulse anyone with a drop of decency left in them. You should be ashamed of yourselves.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2016, 04:55:16 PM »

(rolls eyes) I did not intimidate anyone, I asked Jimmie why he voted for Blair when he had voted for Yankee in the first round, he said it was because *someone* told him that Blair was a moderate and would make the game funner, I gave my counterpoint and he decided to change his vote, so idiotic. I'm sure you're aware idiotic charges like these can get people BANNED from the game, so go ahead Griffin, push on, keep using your f****** disgusting tactics on me.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2016, 04:56:07 PM »

Jesus Christ this really pisses me off
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2016, 05:00:49 PM »

(rolls eyes) I did not intimidate anyone, I asked Jimmie why he voted for Blair when he had voted for Yankee in the first round, he said it was because *someone* told him that Blair was a moderate and would make the game funner, I gave my counterpoint and he decided to change his vote, so idiotic. I'm sure you're aware idiotic charges like these can get people BANNED from the game, so go ahead Griffin, push on, keep using your f****** disgusting tactics on me.
Except we have direct testimony from Jimmie that proves the contrary. You ganged up on him minutes after his vote was cast and bullied him into editing his ballot. Frankly, you deserve to be banned for pulling a stunt like this and then trying to excuse your actions with lies.

What you did is a felony, plain and simple. The rest of us do not have a responsibility to disguise that fact to spare your feelings.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2016, 05:01:01 PM »

Expect at least 57 incoming PMs and FB messages within the next 5 minutes demanding that you delete this.

RIP Cry

My inbox became a very nice place once I deregistered.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2016, 05:01:38 PM »

Obviously, several of you were coordinating in Fed chat and sending him messages in the span of just a couple of minutes in an attempt to persuade him to change his vote, based on the conversation I've seen. The claims of intimidation were not my words. I'm just speaking out on the matter, as I obviously would when a member of my own party is the target of such a coordinated attack.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2016, 05:03:37 PM »

Actually it all happened in #southernchat with members of your own party within the chat, I would think they would bring something up as well. You have absolutely no proof that I intimidated anyone and I would fight against such charges VERY strongly if such charges were to advance.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2016, 05:05:59 PM »

Except we have direct testimony from Jimmie that proves the contrary. You ganged up on him minutes after his vote was cast and bullied him into editing his ballot. Frankly, you deserve to be banned for pulling a stunt like this and then trying to excuse your actions with lies.

What you did is a felony, plain and simple. The rest of us do not have a responsibility to disguise that fact to spare your feelings.
Truman, how would I bully him into voting for Jimmie? Honestly? He has no elected positions, he's not in the Federalists, how would I punish him? Call him an Idiot? Is that it?
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2016, 05:08:33 PM »

and for the record I am not on IRC right now, you can go check #Southernchat, #Federalists, etc. I am not contacting Jimmie any further about this, do what you must if you feel it is right.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2016, 05:15:40 PM »

You've got to be kidding me. I don't actually need to explain to you how cyber bullying works, do I?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2016, 05:16:02 PM »

Actually it all happened in #southernchat with members of your own party within the chat, I would think they would bring something up as well. You have absolutely no proof that I intimidated anyone and I would fight against such charges VERY strongly if such charges were to advance.

Fed chat, Southern chat, #atlasforum, or wherever: the broader point wasn't about the specific room in which it happened, obviously. As far as evidence goes: I mean, you've essentially admitted doing it, so...?

Truman, how would I bully him into voting for Jimmie? Honestly? He has no elected positions, he's not in the Federalists, how would I punish him? Call him an Idiot? Is that it?

https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Invaligate
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2016, 05:18:18 PM »

Fed chat, Southern chat, #atlasforum, or wherever: the broader point wasn't about the specific room in which it happened, obviously. As far as evidence goes: I mean, you've essentially admitted doing it, so...?

https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Invaligate
Ah yes Invaligate, as far as I understand, Tmth was in the same party as the person, Jimmie is in Labor, a completely different party. Cyberbullying Truman? Would you like to add more charges while you're at it?
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2016, 05:19:04 PM »

Anyways I have a college volleyball game to attend this evening, have a Good Evening, Gentlemen!
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2016, 05:22:18 PM »

Anyways I have a college volleyball game to attend this evening, have a Good Evening, Gentlemen!

Excellent! Have fun!
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2016, 05:22:38 PM »

It's a good thing for the Federalist Party that I turned down Leinad's offer to become AG, because that defense would be laughed out of court.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2016, 05:24:59 PM »

For the record, here's what I say happened: I entered #SouthernChat on my phone after getting some lunch at Chick-Fil-A, saw that some other guys were talking to Jimmie about where Blair stands ideologically in the context of a PM he had received from a Laborite, and joined in. I had absolutely no intention of intimidating him into changing his vote, and didn't even realize that he had already voted until a ways into the conversation -- my Atlas viewing to that point had mostly consisted of following the Clinton email story. The tone of the conversation was friendly throughout, and I didn't get the impression that Jimmie was feeling bullied or anything like that.

However, I have apologized to Jimmie, and I'll accept the consequences (legal or otherwise) of my actions.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies