Why I want Trump to Win
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:00:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Why I want Trump to Win
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Why I want Trump to Win  (Read 3382 times)
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.71, S: -4.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 01, 2016, 04:57:28 PM »

Warning: This is an extremely scalding take partially written in satire and partially written in urine-soaked bedsheets as I frantically move the goalposts as each new poll comes in.

If Hillary Clinton wins in 2016, the Supreme Court will most likely, finally favor the democrats for the first time in a while. But if the economy slips into recession, then the Democrats could feasibly lose 12 Senate seats and more than 50 house seats. But if Trump wins, the democrats could actually make gains in the house, and possibly retain or stem the inevitable bleeding of the 2018 senate map.
elcorazon

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2016, 04:59:27 PM »

Warning: This is an extremely scalding take partially written in satire and partially written in urine-soaked bedsheets as I frantically move the goalposts as each new poll comes in.

If Hillary Clinton wins in 2016, the Supreme Court will most likely, finally favor the democrats for the first time in a while. But if the economy slips into recession, then the Democrats could feasibly lose 12 Senate seats and more than 50 house seats. But if Trump wins, the democrats could actually make gains in the house, and possibly retain or stem the inevitable bleeding of the 2018 senate map.
worst post ever (although it might kind make sense - nice try!)
Angel of Death
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2016, 05:00:25 PM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2016, 05:00:43 PM »

worst post ever (although it might kind make sense - nice try!)

I mostly just wrote this to calm myself down.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2016, 05:00:52 PM »

Dumbest post ever.

Democrats don't vote in the mid-terms.
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2016, 05:02:01 PM »

Dumbest post ever.

Democrats don't vote in the mid-terms.

2006 would beg to differ.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2016, 05:02:11 PM »

Dems will lose Senate seats in 2018 regardless simply because they have like 80% of the seats or something.
Southern Delegate matthew27
matthew27
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -1.22

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2016, 05:02:23 PM »

IF Trump wins the anti-government forces win and we slowly turn into a third world crap hole.
izixs
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.31, S: -6.51

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2016, 05:02:32 PM »

I'm not sure here's a good spot to be venting to be honest. Too many trollishy types and the like, and someone coming in not knowing ye needing relief from the anxiety of this election might take your words to heart.
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2016, 05:04:30 PM »

I'm not sure here's a good spot to be venting to be honest. Too many trollishy types and the like, and someone coming in not knowing ye needing relief from the anxiety of this election might take your words to heart.

I mean, I wrote that its satire. But I kind of wanted to talk about this hypothetically... Is trump getting elected better long term for the Democratic party? Some people will instantly say that that is crazy, but it might be.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2016, 05:05:54 PM »

I mean, I wrote that its satire. But I kind of wanted to talk about this hypothetically... Is trump getting elected better long term for the Democratic party? Some people will instantly say that that is crazy, but it might be.

Dems will lose Senate seats in 2018 regardless simply because they have like 80% of the seats or something.

Seriously, check the map. Unless you think Dems are gonna win states like Wyoming and Mississippi, don't hold your breath.
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2016, 05:07:14 PM »

Seriously, check the map. Unless you think Dems are gonna win states like Wyoming and Mississippi, don't hold your breath.

Would the democrats lose any seats if the political environment was the same as 2006? Probably not. And I did say "stem the bleeding", so yes, I do think that they would lose a few seats even in a pretty favorable environment.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2016, 05:26:12 PM »

I rather have a Liberal majority Supreme Court than Congress. Most important laws are made at this branch. (Roe v, Wade, Brown v. Board, Obergefell v. Hodges) Congress peaked during the 60s and 70s now it just a joke.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2016, 05:28:36 PM »

I rather have a Liberal majority Supreme Court than Congress. Most important laws are made at this branch. (Roe v, Wade, Brown v. Board, Obergefell v. Hodges) Congress peaked during the 60s and 70s now it just a joke.
But the Supreme Court doesn't make laws...
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2016, 05:29:10 PM »

Yuck.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2016, 05:30:54 PM »

If Trump wins that probably means sustained GOP majorities in the House and Senate - which means at least 2 years of horrifying policies, with no assurance of him losing in 2020 (assuming so is idiotic, considering we assumed he'd lose this year), plus a Supreme Court that will change the fabric of this century.

Plus, you don't think he'd expand his own executive power as soon as he could and expand it like no President before him?
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2016, 05:39:27 PM »

Nothing can convince me that handing over all three branches of government to the GOP could ever be worth the reward promised.  Let alone the reward is a complete hypothetical with no assurance of actually happening.  Let alone it would involve making a mentally unstable, racist, authoritarian, idiotic, a**hole the most powerful person in the world.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2016, 05:41:09 PM »

Let's elect Bush, we'll gain congress and...

*shows Senate Map for 2002*
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2016, 05:42:10 PM »

People dumb enough to think this should be banned from voting.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2016, 05:42:15 PM »

Nothing can convince me that handing over all three branches of government to the GOP could ever be worth the reward promised.  Let alone the reward is a complete hypothetical with no assurance of actually happening.  Let alone it would involve making a mentally unstable, racist, authoritarian, idiotic, a**hole the most powerful person in the world.

B-b-b-ut we might win the Governor's race in Michigan! Won't that make it all worth it in the end?!
rafta_rafta

« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2016, 05:59:48 PM »

no
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2016, 06:32:58 PM »

Trump will move the GOP to the left on economic and social issues (I don't consider immigration to be a social issue).  Trump winning helps advance the policies of the left on most fronts.  And GOP congressmen won't fight him on it because politicians lose their spines when their party holds the white house.
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2016, 07:30:18 PM »

Trump will move the GOP to the left on economic and social issues

By passing the biggest tax cut in history and appointing judges to overturn Roe v. Wade????
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2016, 07:30:59 PM »

Then vote for him.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2016, 07:58:44 PM »

Trump will move the GOP to the left on economic and social issues

By passing the biggest tax cut in history and appointing judges to overturn Roe v. WadeHuh?

Do you not realize this (or SCOTUS reviving Lochner outright and overturning social security/medicare, but that seems far less likely) would be the best thing that ever happened to the Democratic party since 1929?  Think 60D/38R congressional/state legislative generic ballots in the next election after this happens.  The Dems would win 3:1 with college white women for the following 50 years.

That is definitely a High Risk/High Reward situation. It might break the Democratic Party and anything left of the Hard-Right or it might strengthen the Left to the point where we could pass anything and just ignore the Hard-Right SCOTUS with little political blowback.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies