FL-W&M/TargetSmart: Clinton +8
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:14:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  FL-W&M/TargetSmart: Clinton +8
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Author Topic: FL-W&M/TargetSmart: Clinton +8  (Read 19135 times)
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: November 01, 2016, 09:31:45 PM »

How stupid are people Red Hacks of Iowa Atlas? @ Mr. Trump

Roll Eyes

This election is over!!!!!1111

Look at the poll's methodology and find the flaw. I've been pointing out important methodological factors towards the credibility of this poll. Rather than hurling personal insults en masse, go and find something to discuss.

Don't wrestle with pigs, Arch. I must ask you, though, that R crossover #....there's just no way, is there? There aren't enough Latino Rs to make that a reality. FL educated white crossover just can't be that high, right?

It's actually absolutely plausible and jives with what the Latino Poll has been finding with Hispanic voter numbers in FL that weren't reflected in typical polling, and I'll tell you why. Two reasons:

1) New Puerto Rican population influx over the years (heavy D)
2) Cuban Republicans (one of the most R Hispanic communities in the US) splitting tickets at the top because Trump is just that toxic

Cuban Republicans are a major reason why FL is still competitive for Republicans despite the huge Hispanic population. The crossover vote reveals what would happen to FL if R Cubans crossed over completely, which is something that has been happening cross-generationally, but not with the more reliable older voters who are splitting tickets this year.
Rand
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #76 on: November 01, 2016, 09:31:53 PM »

For the love of god, can the mods please re-ban LittleBigPlanet already? This cretin has made about 120 posts today alone. His spamming is out of control at this point.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #77 on: November 01, 2016, 09:32:19 PM »

Haha, where are Dems who critisied A pollster SUSA's results in NC? You are pathetic Cheesy
FWIW I'm not buying this. Although the gap between this and the Senate numbers are interesting. If there's a 15 point gap between North Carolina and Florida I'll eat my computer.

Think this is closer to reality than NC though.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #78 on: November 01, 2016, 09:32:50 PM »

Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #79 on: November 01, 2016, 09:33:09 PM »

Remind me again why this is more believable than the NC poll showing Trump up 7?

If I could say one positive thing about this poll...maybe because it's got better crosstabs...?

Idk, I still smell garbage everywhere.

Honestly, I'm about to give up on the polls and just wait and see what happens on election day. I still think Clinton is favored to win FL, NV and the freiwal states and Trump is slightly favored to win in NC, IA and OH.

Marquette will probably show a close race in WI tomorrow and make this even more confusing.
I felt like we had better polling in 2012.

My gut tells me Clinton is close in Iowa and Ohio, and will probably win both. Trump's not even trying to fight in the trenches at the point. Ground game is crucial and he's practically given up on it.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #80 on: November 01, 2016, 09:34:02 PM »

Remind me again why this is more believable than the NC poll showing Trump up 7?

If I could say one positive thing about this poll...maybe because it's got better crosstabs...?

Idk, I still smell garbage everywhere.

Honestly, I'm about to give up on the polls and just wait and see what happens on election day. I still think Clinton is favored to win FL, NV and the freiwal states and Trump is slightly favored to win in NC, IA and OH.

Marquette will probably show a close race in WI tomorrow and make this even more confusing.

Is it bad I think most pollster have no idea what they're doing this year? In fact, if they screw up this cycle then pollsters would have by and large gotten 3 cycles in a row wrong.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #81 on: November 01, 2016, 09:34:10 PM »

For the love of god, can the mods please re-ban LittleBigPlanet already? This cretin has made about 120 posts today alone. His spamming is out of control at this point.

Can we get a two-for-one on that?

For sure. Let's hope that the mods do their job and ban you and your fellow Klansmen from this website.

I thought GreenLine was voting for Clinton?
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #82 on: November 01, 2016, 09:34:13 PM »
« Edited: November 01, 2016, 09:36:44 PM by Happy Sad Trumpista »

I'm capable to both retain quality and quantity on huuuuge level. Believe me.

Is this like their first poll ever? Public, at least? Roll Eyes
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #83 on: November 01, 2016, 09:34:54 PM »

Can we get a two-for-one on that?

For sure. Let's hope that the mods do their job and ban you and your fellow Klansmen from this website.

I thought GreenLine was voting for Clinton?

I am lol.  He is like Marcobot stuck on repeat.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #84 on: November 01, 2016, 09:35:13 PM »

LOL at the people buying SUSA's NC poll, but calling this junk. Anyway, this is obviously too good to be true for Hillary, I highly doubt she'll get 28% of Republicans (though she'll definitely win some Cuban Republicans), but people were definitely too quick to assume that Hillary was dead and buried in FL.
BundouYMB

« Reply #85 on: November 01, 2016, 09:38:27 PM »

Now seems like a good time to remind people I predicted Clinton would win Florida by 9 points WEEKS ago. One more week 'till the Clintonslide!
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #86 on: November 01, 2016, 09:38:43 PM »

Hope this leads to a multi-page freakout too!

The winner!
QE
Rookie
United States

« Reply #87 on: November 01, 2016, 09:39:39 PM »

At the very least, hopefully this poll will trigger Trump into saying something uncouth. (...because you know he's going to see it if he hasn't already)
mark_twain
United States

« Reply #88 on: November 01, 2016, 09:39:58 PM »

It is called a "Poll of Early and Likely Voters"--I like that name!

I think Clinton is enjoying an early vote advantage in many states including FL.

I would not be surprised if other state polls taking early and likely votes into account also go favorably for Clinton.

All in all, great poll!

LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.71, S: -4.00

« Reply #89 on: November 01, 2016, 09:41:34 PM »

If Marquette shows a Hillary +8 or something tomorrow twitter and this board will go absolutely ballistic.  
Mike88
Junior Chimp
Portugal

« Reply #90 on: November 01, 2016, 09:43:52 PM »

No, i don't buy this. This numbers are as bizarre as the SUSA poll from NC.
Ozymandias

« Reply #91 on: November 01, 2016, 09:44:34 PM »

Note that TargetSmart's 55-37 early voter margin for Clinton is VERY close to the 54-37 margin NBC/Marist found for early voters last week, and also consistent with the 57-42 spread that Emerson found.

So the main difference between this poll and those two Clinton +1 polls boils down to the respondents in their samples who haven't voted yet.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #92 on: November 01, 2016, 09:45:12 PM »

LOL at the people buying SUSA's NC poll, but calling this junk.

I think both are garbage, and still think both polls have the wrong person winning.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #93 on: November 01, 2016, 09:45:46 PM »

Note that TargetSmart's 55-37 early voter margin for Clinton is VERY close to 54-37 margin NBC/Marist found for early voters last week, and also consistent with 57-42 spread that Emerson found.

So the main difference between this poll and those two Clinton +1 polls boils down to the respondents in their samples who haven't voted yet.

Well it would be amazing if, because of sh**te ground game and claims that the election is rigged, Trump underperforms big league.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #94 on: November 01, 2016, 09:48:23 PM »

It seems to be on the high-end, but even if you bring it down, it is still good news for Clinton.
Yeahhhhh !
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #95 on: November 01, 2016, 09:49:32 PM »

Wait. You said that crosstabs are much more believable than SUSA:s, but there are no crosstabs split [how they voted]. Just demographics...

The only split they have ie EV vs non-EV. So how do you know that crosstabs make thinks? Or is there some other file than this one? Huh

https://www.scribd.com/document/329698329/TargetSmart-William-Mary-Florida-Poll-of-Early-and-Likely-Voters
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #96 on: November 01, 2016, 09:50:32 PM »

Scott Tranter, who is on "Team Rubio Analytics", just threw out this curveball of a tweet that has even experts in his comment section putting up question marks:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
izixs
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.31, S: -6.51

« Reply #97 on: November 01, 2016, 09:50:58 PM »

Full cross tabs are being released tomorrow.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #98 on: November 01, 2016, 09:51:42 PM »

How stupid are people Red Hacks of Iowa Atlas? @ Mr. Trump

Roll Eyes

This election is over!!!!!1111

Look at the poll's methodology and find the flaw. I've been pointing out important methodological factors towards the credibility of this poll. Rather than hurling personal insults en masse, go and find something to discuss.

Don't wrestle with pigs, Arch. I must ask you, though, that R crossover #....there's just no way, is there? There aren't enough Latino Rs to make that a reality. FL educated white crossover just can't be that high, right?

It's actually absolutely plausible and jives with what the Latino Poll has been finding with Hispanic voter numbers in FL that weren't reflected in typical polling, and I'll tell you why. Two reasons:

1) New Puerto Rican population influx over the years (heavy D)
2) Cuban Republicans (one of the most R Hispanic communities in the US) splitting tickets at the top because Trump is just that toxic

Cuban Republicans are a major reason why FL is still competitive for Republicans despite the huge Hispanic population. The crossover vote reveals what would happen to FL if R Cubans crossed over completely, which is something that has been happening cross-generationally, but not with the more reliable older voters who are splitting tickets this year.

I'm not going to put FL in the bag quite yet, however EV numbers appear to indicate an enormous growth of first-time GE voters, as well as some irregulars thrown in, and yes you are absolutely correct that FL will look more like a D +4 -5 State IF there is a dramatic collapse of Cuban Republican support, combined with a massive influx of Puerto Rican voters, as well as Mexican-Americans and Latinos from the Islands voting in large numbers.... not to mention a not small grab-bag of Angry Anglo Women, that would not infrequently vote Republican in Presidential Elections, that don't like what they see in 2016.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #99 on: November 01, 2016, 09:55:05 PM »

Scott Tranter, who is on "Team Rubio Analytics", just threw out this curveball of a tweet that has even experts in his comment section putting up question marks:

Wuh...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies